Does Evolution Lead to Fear of Aliens?

You two might as well forget about the feasibility of interstellar or intergalactic travel. Any object with mass will have its mass approach infinity as it nears the speed of light, thus requiring infinite energy to continue accelerating towards the speed of light.

Maybe but then again maybe an advanced alien species knows something we don't

This is your opinion based on vastness of space. This is what atheist scientist Carl Sagan believed. He would not accept UFO sightings as he thought they were unreliable. It means there wasn't a sighting that a scientist would accept unless he was a weirdo. First, show us there's an advanced alien species. Can you show a single-cell one? Oh yeah, Carl Sagan sent time capsules into space for intelligent aliens to find, but still no response. He died with no evidence of aliens. I would think so would you.
I have no illusions that we will ever meet an alien species

If you'll noticed I qualified the statement you are responding to with "assuming they exist"
I do not doubt that somewhere in the universe another life form exists whether we will ever know that before we go extinct is another matter altogether

My bad. I was more open minded about aliens and another life form existing until I heard the fine tuning theory. Now I tend to doubt it. If there is, then there would be a good chance it escaped from our planet. For example, if we found bacteria growing on the moon. Moon Microbe Mystery Finally Solved

I think extrapolating the properties of the entire universe from our most minuscule little corner of it to be an error.
Why? You do realize that we are not extrapolating from our minuscule little corner, right? The red shift tells us that everything is moving away from us. That coupled with the solutions of Einstein's Theory of General relativity - which has been confirmed in a myriad of ways - tells us that all the matter in the universe occupied the space a million billion billion times smaller than a single atom and then expanded and cooled.

We fear the darkness, and the unknown, as a matter of survival. If we were supernatural and impervious to death, we could be as stupid and naive as a liberal and dole out trust and forgiveness till doomsday.
If only that was all they did. Trust and forgiveness are successful behaviors when done for good reason.
Perhaps in the abstract in the human sphere. In the realist sense, the dodo was a naive and trusting animal.
Sure, like I said one needs good reason to trust. I can't tell you how many idiots I see crossing the street with their eyes glued to their cell phone with a car approaching. Those people are trusting that driver for no good reason. Me, personally, I don't step off the curb until I have eye contact and see that he is braking. I have good reason NOT to trust him. On the flip side, I lay down and go to sleep next to my wife every night and have good reason to trust that she will not kill me in my sleep.

We fear the darkness, and the unknown, as a matter of survival. If we were supernatural and impervious to death, we could be as stupid and naive as a liberal and dole out trust and forgiveness till doomsday.
If only that was all they did. Trust and forgiveness are successful behaviors when done for good reason.
Perhaps in the abstract in the human sphere. In the realist sense, the dodo was a naive and trusting animal.
Sure, like I said one needs good reason to trust. I can't tell you how many idiots I see crossing the street with their eyes glued to their cell phone with a car approaching. Those people are trusting that driver for no good reason. Me, personally, I don't step off the curb until I have eye contact and see that he is braking. I have good reason NOT to trust him. On the flip side, I lay down and go to sleep next to my wife every night and have good reason to trust that she will not kill me in my sleep.
Well, I can't begin to number all the people that that pledged their hearts and souls to someone else that ended up being their mortal enemy a short time later. How little we understand each other.

Well, I can't begin to number all the people that that pledged their hearts and souls to someone else that ended up being their mortal enemy a short time later. How little we understand each other.
Amen. Or ourselves.

Universal health care anyone?

68191_to-serve-man-21.jpg

I'm positive Breeze Wood would be one of the first to sign up since he is in favor of these things.
I'm positive Breeze Wood would be one of the first to sign up since he is in favor of these things.

still squirming over the ACA - Affordable Care Act, seems your hired guns lack the votes you thought were bestowed with the coming of your new redeemer ... funny how creation "scientist" always remain a little short of crossing the finish line. as though the light of day would singe their skin.

That makes perfect sense.

If that is true then they would have noticed that this planet was teeming with life long before any human being ever wondered what a fart was.
You two might as well forget about the feasibility of interstellar or intergalactic travel. Any object with mass will have its mass approach infinity as it nears the speed of light, thus requiring infinite energy to continue accelerating towards the speed of light.

Like what? How to defy the laws of physics? Let's say space time folds over itself to create a shortcut, ok? Do you have any idea at all what causes that to happen? I do. Space time is warped because of matter. To cause space time to fold over itself there would by humongous gravitational forces at play. Try going through that. You would be ripped apart.

you mean the laws of physics as we understand them. Do you really think we know absolutely everything about the universe and its workings?

I for one am not so arrogant
Ok, so then you are saying that the Theory of General Relativity has exceptions?
are you saying that you think we know everything there is to be known about the universe?

there may very well be exceptions I don't know but I also don't think we know everything there is to know in order to fully understand the universe and what's more I do not dismiss the possibility that we may never understand it fully simply because we are incapable of understanding it much like a dog is incapable of understanding calculus

This is your opinion based on vastness of space. This is what atheist scientist Carl Sagan believed. He would not accept UFO sightings as he thought they were unreliable. It means there wasn't a sighting that a scientist would accept unless he was a weirdo. First, show us there's an advanced alien species. Can you show a single-cell one? Oh yeah, Carl Sagan sent time capsules into space for intelligent aliens to find, but still no response. He died with no evidence of aliens. I would think so would you.

If you'll noticed I qualified the statement you are responding to with "assuming they exist"
I do not doubt that somewhere in the universe another life form exists whether we will ever know that before we go extinct is another matter altogether

My bad. I was more open minded about aliens and another life form existing until I heard the fine tuning theory. Now I tend to doubt it. If there is, then there would be a good chance it escaped from our planet. For example, if we found bacteria growing on the moon. Moon Microbe Mystery Finally Solved

I think extrapolating the properties of the entire universe from our most minuscule little corner of it to be an error.
Why? You do realize that we are not extrapolating from our minuscule little corner, right? The red shift tells us that everything is moving away from us. That coupled with the solutions of Einstein's Theory of General relativity - which has been confirmed in a myriad of ways - tells us that all the matter in the universe occupied the space a million billion billion times smaller than a single atom and then expanded and cooled.

that has nothing to do with life in the universe does it? I didn't even mention the big bang

As for aliens, I am sure they are out there too -- just too far away to touch us here -- even as we ourselves are too far away to touch them.

All in all the Earthlings and Aliens are presently safe from each other.

Someday we will make radio contact, but even then they will still be too far away -- light years

Why radio? Isn't that a little primitive even for us? And what makes you think that time and distance equals safety simply because we haven't solved the problems presented by space and time?

What makes you think they haven't already been here?
They could be among but have the ability to look human because the might have the ability to take-on human form by stealing our bodies while we sleep.

Sure, maybe Jesus was an avatar from another world under orders, a higher form of intelligent life in a disturbing disguise, wearing the clothes of an uncultured first century Jewish peasant of no account with the ability to travel through space and time and the authority to direct the course of history for either good or evil by living among humans, testing their mettle, and disappearing into thin air relatively unnoticed at the time from time to time.....

But look at the evidence. That's not what the Bible says.

Sure it does. Jesus said that he came from heaven and that didn't come of his own accord,God sent him. His kingdom is not of this world. Jesus said the words he spoke are words the Father gave him to speak as his highest ranking representative to this world. And he said that he would come again, relatively unnoticed, like a thief in the night.

As for aliens, I am sure they are out there too -- just too far away to touch us here -- even as we ourselves are too far away to touch them.

Someday we will make radio contact, but even then they will still be too far away -- light years

Why radio? Isn't that a little primitive even for us? And what makes you think that time and distance equals safety simply because we haven't solved the problems presented by space and time?

They could be among but have the ability to look human because the might have the ability to take-on human form by stealing our bodies while we sleep.

Sure, maybe Jesus was an avatar from another world under orders, a higher form of intelligent life in a disturbing disguise, wearing the clothes of an uncultured first century Jewish peasant of no account with the ability to travel through space and time and the authority to direct the course of history for either good or evil by living among humans, testing their mettle, and disappearing into thin air relatively unnoticed at the time from time to time.....

Sure it does. Jesus said that he came from heaven and that didn't come of his own accord,God sent him. His kingdom is not of this world. Jesus said the words he spoke are words the Father gave him to speak as his highest ranking representative to this world. And he said that he would come again, relatively unnoticed, like a thief in the night.
What Jesus "said" is all hearsay.

What Jesus "said" is all hearsay.

Of course it is. So what. If you care to find out if there is any truth in any of it, you have to sort it out. Like any rumor, to know the truth you have to go to the source.

I heard that the guy claimed to have achieved the power of life over death. His teaching is that life is potentially permanent.

Wouldn't you like to have and know a more exalted experience of life than just eating garbage and wallowing around in your own feces every day??

Last edited:
lol creation scientists
it's easy to be a scientist when the answer for everything is god did it.

you don't have to spend any time at all in the lab or out in the field
The really good ones who are the one's who do both.
when you approach science with the bias that god did everything there is no objectivity
I guess these guys must not be too good then.

NOBEL PRIZE WINNERS AND GOD

Like what? How to defy the laws of physics? Let's say space time folds over itself to create a shortcut, ok? Do you have any idea at all what causes that to happen? I do. Space time is warped because of matter. To cause space time to fold over itself there would by humongous gravitational forces at play. Try going through that. You would be ripped apart.

you mean the laws of physics as we understand them. Do you really think we know absolutely everything about the universe and its workings?

Ok, so then you are saying that the Theory of General Relativity has exceptions?
are you saying that you think we know everything there is to be known about the universe?

there may very well be exceptions I don't know but I also don't think we know everything there is to know in order to fully understand the universe and what's more I do not dismiss the possibility that we may never understand it fully simply because we are incapable of understanding it much like a dog is incapable of understanding calculus
No. I am saying that you ignore what we do know.

that has nothing to do with life in the universe does it? I didn't even mention the big bang
I see. So what properties of the universe were you talking about?

lol creation scientists
it's easy to be a scientist when the answer for everything is god did it.

you don't have to spend any time at all in the lab or out in the field
The really good ones who are the one's who do both.
when you approach science with the bias that god did everything there is no objectivity

What about the bias that nature did everything with secular or atheist science? This isn't backed up by the scientific evidence.

And that's not the way creation science works. It's real science. Not biased science based on nature did everything. Please get this through your skull.

Before weren't you theorizing that Jesus was an avatar from another world? Now you're claiming his kingdom is not of this world. Which world is this? Where am I suppose to find this world?

No. I am saying that you ignore what we do know.

you think what we know is infallible?

Everything we think we know must be qualified by the phrase " as we understand it"

I am sure there are far more things we do not understand than there are those we do

Before weren't you theorizing that Jesus was an avatar from another world? Now you're claiming his kingdom is not of this world. Which world is this? Where am I suppose to find this world?
you have to be a jesus boot licker your whole life then die to find out

Forum List

Back