And this is Why You Don't Privatize Education

Some services should not be for profit. There are some things the govenrment should provide for its citizens. Education is one of them. Leaving education to the decisions based on profit margins is insane. It creates this:

TEXAS TAX DOLLARS ALLEGEDLY DIVERTED TO OUT-OF-STATE CHARTER SCHOOLS FOUNDED BY HOUSTON SUPERINTENDENT MIKE MILES​

In a recent report by FOX 26, it's been unveiled that funds amounting in the millions, earmarked for Texas' public schools, have wound up bolstering the accounts of out-of-state charter schools established by Mike Miles, a notable figure in Texan education. Miles, the current superintendent of the Houston Independent School District following his appointment by the Texas Education Commissioner Mike Morath, reportedly diverted Texas education tax dollars to a network of charter schools he conceived before assuming the role.

LOL holy shit.
The government did that, and you whine about privatizing schools?

Leaving education to the state and you have 10 year olds on puberty blockers .....and not to mention blockhead after blockhead who can't read analog clocks or point out where Canada or Mexico is on a map ....
The beauty in leaving it to the states is they can prevent this shit when the federal government condones it. You never see that in my state because we are so red, all the liberals want to leave, because conservatives are flocking here.

Investment strategies mean nothing when the stock market crashes.
The word strategies is plural. Depends on what the strategy you are wanting to happen over your retirement time. How does a person’s risk tolerance factor in. There are three main concerns most people have during retirement:
1. Taking out the highest income possible
2. Staying ahead of inflation
3. Making sure you never run out of money

#3 is the one most people are concerned with. So, the other two are keys for #3. My client needs 7% to come out each year. If it’s in the bank, chances are he is guaranteed to lose 3-5% a year of cash or purchasing power to taxes and inflation. Bonds can help. Especially muni bonds. But, over time losing 2-4% a year.

If they could live with less, then the investments can be in “safer” investments. In this person’s case, they need the highest possible which is 7% or $30,000/yr.

Your needs may be the same or different. A good advisor will not only see to it you have the right investments, but also manage the investment to protect against bad times as well. Maybe you need a better advisor or stop trying to do it yourself.

The word strategies is plural. Depends on what the strategy you are wanting to happen over your retirement time. How does a person’s risk tolerance factor in. There are three main concerns most people have during retirement:
1. Taking out the highest income possible
2. Staying ahead of inflation
3. Making sure you never run out of money

#3 is the one most people are concerned with. So, the other two are keys for #3. My client needs 7% to come out each year. If it’s in the bank, chances are he is guaranteed to lose 3-5% a year of cash or purchasing power to taxes and inflation. Bonds can help. Especially muni bonds. But, over time losing 2-4% a year.

If they could live with less, then the investments can be in “safer” investments. In this person’s case, they need the highest possible which is 7% or $30,000/yr.

Your needs may be the same or different. A good advisor will not only see to it you have the right investments, but also manage the investment to protect against bad times as well. Maybe you need a better advisor or stop trying to do it yourself.
Water under the bridge mean anything to you? I am sure you are good at what you do which is basically conning people out of their investment money to enrich yourself. I personally think the whole system is a con.

But you do what you do. I am out of the game.

Water under the bridge mean anything to you? I am sure you are good at what you do which is basically conning people out of their investment money to enrich yourself. I personally think the whole system is a con.

But you do what you do. I am out of the game.
I'm glad you are out of the investment business. You don't deserve a good retirement like my clients have. If having the money they want and need is conning to you, then you are just a warped silly old fart that needs to be shipped out to sea and sunk.

Your measly little sum of money that made money all of a sudden becomes a reason to embrace Marxism instead of capitalism is really pathetic. That was your fault what happened to you. Not the investment world. Oh, you can blame Biden as well. But, for those who have good advisors and are living well on their investment money, the Dow cracked the 40,000 level today. And, my investor is up to $467,000 now, took out $25,000 so far and made $67,000. He has a different outlook on investing because he has a good advisor.

Pretty sure they didn't.
Wow, are you ignorant. diblasio funneled over a billion to his wife in a no competitor bid. And bernies wife stole millions in her college role.

Funny how you don't know that.

I'm glad you are out of the investment business. You don't deserve a good retirement like my clients have. If having the money they want and need is conning to you, then you are just a warped silly old fart that needs to be shipped out to sea and sunk.

Your measly little sum of money that made money all of a sudden becomes a reason to embrace Marxism instead of capitalism is really pathetic. That was your fault what happened to you. Not the investment world. Oh, you can blame Biden as well. But, for those who have good advisors and are living well on their investment money, the Dow cracked the 40,000 level today. And, my investor is up to $467,000 now, took out $25,000 so far and made $67,000. He has a different outlook on investing because he has a good advisor.
Look, I checked you profile and you are older than dirt, so please ignore me with your simplistic platitudes. You are obviously a loyal soldier in the army of darkness. Have a nice day!

Look, I checked you profile and you are older than dirt, so please ignore me with your simplistic platitudes. You are obviously a loyal soldier in the army of darkness. Have a nice day!
You are older than dirt because your thinking is older than dirt. And, all you suggested is that I have a lot of experience and wisdom to share with those who aren't Marxists. You lost the money. You sound like a 3 year old blaming others for your stupidity.

You are older than dirt because your thinking is older than dirt. And, all you suggested is that I have a lot of experience and wisdom to share with those who aren't Marxists. You lost the money. You sound like a 3 year old blaming others for your stupidity.
Everyone lost the money! That's how much you have in common with Biden. Your brain has turned to mush.

Everyone lost the money! That's how much you have in common with Biden. Your brain has turned to mush.
No, everyone who sold lost money. Guess you never learned the concept of buy low and sell high. Of course there are things like dollar cost averaging too that you should know. Does it feel good to try and rope everyone in to losing money so you don’t feel so bad. Well, you would be wrong.

No, everyone who sold lost money. Guess you never learned the concept of buy low and sell high. Of course there are things like dollar cost averaging too that you should know. Does it feel good to try and rope everyone in to losing money so you don’t feel so bad. Well, you would be wrong.
What is someone was in a situation like me who had to sell?

Never mind! I have had enough of your pablum for today. Just forget everything I said and put me on ignore.

Leaving education to the state and you have 10 year olds on puberty blockers .....and not to mention blockhead after blockhead who can't read analog clocks or point out where Canada or Mexico is on a map ....
You've NEVER been to MY school or MY classroom.
This description is NOT typical of a Public School.
Yes, every public school has shitheads and blockheads, and are the results of Right Wing Idiots.

Next you will be bitching about the students not being able to tie their shoes use a slide rule.
I attended a small , private Catholic high school and our record far exceeded the failed government school system.
No Shit Sherlock.
A Small Private HS with Rich Parents.......imagine that. No Special Education and Selective Admission. Go Figure.

What is someone was in a situation like me who had to sell?

Never mind! I have had enough of your pablum for today. Just forget everything I said and put me on ignore.
I would never ignore you. You need help. Like I said way back, there's a way to do what you did without losing value. Every brokerage now days has a portal to your account and you can move the stock investments to a money market and then pull the money out and not have it drop. Who was the brokerage you were with? The money should have been sent to you the day your requested it.

You've NEVER been to MY school or MY classroom.
This description is NOT typical of a Public School.
Yes, every public school has shitheads and blockheads, and are the results of Right Wing Idiots.

Next you will be bitching about the students not being able to tie their shoes use a slide rule.

No Shit Sherlock.
A Small Private HS with Rich Parents.......imagine that. No Special Education and Selective Admission. Go Figure.
I taught at a private Catholic school and most of the parents weren't rich. Many were anything but. The parents sacrificed a lot to send them to private school to keep them out of public schools. What you don't get is the teacher turnover rate is high with Catholic schools because the teachers eventually get jobs in public schools and make a lot more money. So, the public schools have good teachers too. It's not the problem and the money isn't the problem. The politicians have been and are always the problem. They pass their liberal turd brains down to the administrators of public education to where we now have kids confused on what a penis and a vagina are for.

Depends what your definition is. I had students with dyslexia and other forms of learning disabilities.
Ok, Deflect all you want, but The LOW END of Private School Students FAR exceeds the LOW end of Public School Students in Ability and Parent Support, which is HUGE>

Ok, Deflect all you want, but The LOW END of Private School Students FAR exceeds the LOW end of Public School Students in Ability and Parent Support, which is HUGE>
Well, there are things called back to school nights for parents and teachers. The honor student classes always had good attendance. Not so with the college prep classes and lower. You would think paying the tuition they would all attend. But many are working multiple jobs just like in the public school sector. The sad thing is the woke crap is getting into the Catholic schools too. The one I taught at has a gay teacher who is transgender and transitioning to a male without his ding a lingo and fake breasts. Sad.

Forum List

Back