Do You Mind That The President Lied?

Thinking positive doesn't make Obama's constant lies OK.

If we catch our representatives lying to us, we get rid of them. You want to coddle them because they're just trying to help the poor, they claim. This is a lie of course.

You're under the assumption we don't care about the rising costs of medical care, but you ignore the fact that it has been discovered that Obamacare doesn't address costs. Instead it makes health care more expensive. The goal isn't to help. The goal is place it under governmental control by squeezing out any competition. But because of the source of this information you refuse to believe it. I suggest you research it yourself rather then take

[...]

Your post is the same as the original, a bunch of useless assumptions that only mean you dislike this administration. When any progressive act moved any nation forward, you'd hear the same stuff, doesn't make you right and it doesn't make Obama wrong, it's just empty talk. Proof is in the accomplishments, not in the rhetoric of reactionaries. Time will tell but given the sorry state of our healthcare for so many millions of men, women, and children in America, it is time to move. Your negativity toward change is old, too old.

"He argues that a triplet of 'rhetorical' criticisms--perversity, futility, and jeopardy--'has been unfailingly leveled' by 'reactionaries' at each major progressive reform of the past 300 years--those T. H. Marshall identified with the advancement of civil, political and social rights of citizenship... "With engaging wit and subtle irony, Albert Hirschman maps the diffuse and treacherous world of reactionary rhetoric in which conservative public figures, thinkers, and polemicists have been arguing against progressive agendas and reforms..." The Rhetoric of Reaction - Albert O. Hirschman - Harvard University Press
C'mon. Admit it. You were a doe-eyed Beatlemaniac, too.

sparky said:
ok, this is what i have so far>

Under the new health care bill all real estate transactions will be subject to a 3.8% Sales Tax. The bulk of these new taxes don't kick in until 2013 If you sell your $400,000 home, there will be a $15,200 tax. This bill is set to screw the retiring generation who often downsize their homes. Does this stuff make your November and 2012 vote more important?
Oh, you weren't aware this was in the obamacare bill? Guess what, you aren't alone. There are more than a few members of Congress that aren't aware of it either

ObamaCare Flatlines: ObamaCare Taxes Home Sales - Clobbers Middle-Class Americans - Blog - GOP.gov
i'm having a bit of a time applying the obameter>

PolitiFact | The Obameter: Campaign Promises that are about PolitiFact's Top Promises

but i'm fairly certain it will appear eventually as 1/2 the truth a lie, the devil being in the details. For instance being over the 250K income limit means being unaffected (by the Hill article) , so it depends who BarryO is addressing

being under that limit, i'm not overly enthused about sharing my retirement nest egg with the gov's health care nazi's, nor am i about them apperaing at the door of my biz

but what we can plainly see here, is this is another weapons of mass destruction scenario, where all the information is shill, Congress votes on it (yes it was a bipart HC bill) , and the potus is hung out to dry on the details

so would you care to explain the dif PC?

or do we simply place Obama and Bush in the same penalty box?

Well that one's a bust already.
snopes.com: 3.8% Tax on Real Estate Transactions

As for the entire OP, it's typical. Bits and pieces selectively presented that attempt to skew something in its entirety as being all bad. And just about all of PC's current "list" (she has many), came from campaign promises or projections. I'd love to have a dollar for every campaign promise or projection that didn't ever get fulfilled, and since I've been around for about ten different presidential cycles, I'd have myself a nice "dinner out" nest egg I could dip into.

how it is a bust?

from snopes-

Read your own thumbnail. It's such a convoluted formula, I seriously doubt it will ever apply to anybody except millionaires. But maybe PC is a millionaire. The reason it's a "bust" is because the clause went viral with the intent to scare the average person.

Soooo, you are not willing to back up any insinuations yourself and ask that others do that for you?

You are the quintessential example of the intellectual laziness that is such a problem for so many, especially Democrats.

Now, back to PC's topic.

How did you get banned from a board like that Si modo?
I don't discuss "other board drama" as (1) my understanding is it's against the rules here; and (2) it is irrelevant to the topic.

But, do as you wish.

Of course you wouldn't. Yet you challenged me to prove my allegation, which I did. Now claim I violated the rules, or Dot.com did by asking a question.
I stand by my statement you're a liar, but don't feel bad, lying seems to be required by your side of the aisle. You're very adept at both lies of commission and lies of omission. It's important for others to see the real you.

politicalchic said:
Which item in the OP did you find to be in error? Oh, none?
Is that why you weren't able to specify any?

As I said, you chose selected ANALYSES of the health care issue upon which you base criticisms, and as I said elsewhere, the thing hasn't even been fully implemented yet and it won't be until 2014, so those opinions mean nothing but that to me: Opinions.

hummm, ok-

Q- did the admin. lie about the double counting of the supposed medicare savings? the 400 Billion?
I think Sebelius admitted the error. But a "lie"?? Please...

Q- Is everyone covered under obamacare?
No, because it's not universal "coverage" at all. It's meant to insure the people caught between a rock and a hard place: Not eligible for Medicaid yet unable to afford private health insurance.

Q- will abortion be paid for by any mechanism found in obama care?
Only if some private insurer who is part of the exchange allows it in their policy, but I believe efforts are being made to exclude such insurers, or at least that clause. (This is such a fucking non-issue.)

Do I think there are parts of Obama care that should be removed? Yes. Do I think it will be amended a whole lot before most of the provisions come into effect in 2014? Yes. So why are so many people getting all upset NOW, and rehashing the same issues when NOTHING CAN BE DONE until Congress acts?

I'm not even discussing it further until that happens, but you guys feel free to shout into the wind and wasting time on it.

How did you get banned from a board like that Si modo?
I don't discuss "other board drama" as (1) my understanding is it's against the rules here; and (2) it is irrelevant to the topic.

But, do as you wish.

Of course you wouldn't. Yet you challenged me to prove my allegation, which I did. Now claim I violated the rules, or Dot.com did by asking a question.
I stand by my statement you're a liar, but don't feel bad, lying seems to be required by your side of the aisle. You're very adept at both lies of commission and lies of omission. It's important for others to see the real you.
I'm sorry you think telling another to do research for your allegation is any sort of proof.

But I do love your continued interest in 'other board drama'.

You really do have to be a caricature. You cannot really be this thick.

:rofl:

Actually I don't like you. You're arrogant and self righteous, condescending, bellicose and bloviate ad nauseam. None of which supports your insipid uber-partisanship, for seeing one side of all issues and in responding the way you do makes you an archetype curmudgeon.

Typical Wry posts.

Yes; I am always honest. It pays SM, I've never been banned.

(you might consider trying it)

Prior bans, real or imagined, (as in this case) here and especially elsewhere, are not to be brought up on the open boards.

Liar Liar Obama Needs Fired !
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQ10UfHz6a8&feature=feedlik]YouTube - Liar Liar Obama Needs Fired ![/ame]

But, do as you wish.

I'm sorry you think telling another to do research for your allegation is any sort of proof.

Ah yes, the fallback position - kiill the messenger. You are truly pitiful.

Correct me if I am wrong, but that seems to be the only argument you actually have. You have not discussed the actual topic at all. You've just told us all how much you don't like the OP and how you love drama unrelated to much of anything in this thread.

You really are a caricature.

Are you in denial, or do you think I cannot provide proof of your prior record?
Go for it. I have no knowledge of what you are talking about, thus my question about your insanity - either chemically induced or natural.

LOL. Anyone interested in my veracity on this issue simply needs to google: Si Modo, banned user. Follow the link to DemocracyForums.

:rolleyes:translation; I cannot make a go of the topic, or any topic for that matter, so in a pathetic all to predictable pattern, I will now attempt to distract via douche bagging thru my previous inherent trollism and innate stupidity, by foisting crap about another place and another time no on cares about nor germane.........to diddly squat.

:clap2:NOT well played:lol:

Go for it. I have no knowledge of what you are talking about, thus my question about your insanity - either chemically induced or natural.

LOL. Anyone interested in my veracity on this issue simply needs to google: Si Modo, banned user. Follow the link to DemocracyForums.

:rolleyes:translation; I cannot make a go of the topic, or any topic for that matter, so in a pathetic all to predictable pattern, I will now attempt to distract via douche bagging thru my previous inherent trollism and innate stupidity, by foisting crap about another place and another time no on cares about nor germane.........to diddly squat.

:clap2:NOT well played:lol:

OP Assumptions:

Obama operates all by his lonesome.
A president can manage a bunch of corporate stooges.
Money, aka greed, has no effect on legislation.
Speculative thought is reality.
Statistical assumptions are reality.
Our 37th ranked insurance based medical system is just hunky-dory.
Pieces like this are written by unbiased people.
Election words are like fairytales, they all come true.

and number one: The writers are fair people who have a neutral opinion of our president and really really are concerned with medical costs and the care of Americans.

And they wonder why we call them wingnuts!

PS If you believe their honest and unbiased opinion, call me I have some wonderful swampland for you, cheap.

Are you saying it is the Democrats fault that Obamacare did not come put the way Obama wanted?

Correct me if I am wrong, but that seems to be the only argument you actually have. You have not discussed the actual topic at all. You've just told us all how much you don't like the OP and how you love drama unrelated to much of anything in this thread.

You really are a caricature.

There is no actual topic, it is PC offering one more hate Obama thread and the usual echo chamber offering thanks.

Are you in denial, or do you think I cannot provide proof of your prior record?

So you think only one person uses that moniker? Si Modo HOW PATHETIC.:lol:

Well that one's a bust already.
snopes.com: 3.8% Tax on Real Estate Transactions

As for the entire OP, it's typical. Bits and pieces selectively presented that attempt to skew something in its entirety as being all bad. And just about all of PC's current "list" (she has many), came from campaign promises or projections. I'd love to have a dollar for every campaign promise or projection that didn't ever get fulfilled, and since I've been around for about ten different presidential cycles, I'd have myself a nice "dinner out" nest egg I could dip into.

how it is a bust?

from snopes-

Read your own thumbnail. It's such a convoluted formula, I seriously doubt it will ever apply to anybody except millionaires. But maybe PC is a millionaire. The reason it's a "bust" is because the clause went viral with the intent to scare the average person.

No, its not convoluted at all, there is a 500k exclusion, you are just deciding that anyone who lives in a home worth more than the exclusion should pay the 3.8% and thats that. MY home is worth more than that.....so?

and you never answered the other questions ala honesty etc.

Ok, here is another one, different topic-

here-

The bridge collapse occurred because of a design defect, a conclusion reached by the National Transportation Safety Board. The bridge was designed and built in an era when engineers thought that redundant systems were both unnecessary and inefficient. Gusset plates installed at the time of the bridge’s building were too thin, and without any redundancy to account for a major failure on a single point, it was a tragedy waiting to happen from day 1. It had nothing to do with any lack of maintenance, and in fact collapsed because of scheduled maintenance to the deck that inadvertently destabilized it to the point of collapse.

hat tip hot air-
http://hotair.com/archives/2011/04/...-will-keep-businesses-in-us-if-we-hike-taxes/

And they were working on it that very moment it went down....

Lie or ignorance?

Last edited by a moderator:
All presidents lie but Obama has taken it to a whole new level. He says one thing one day and then turns around and does what he wanted to in the first place and think we are too stupid to know what he was doing.

HUH? Iran Contra?

WMD's mushroom clouds being against nation building and the USA being the police force of the world.

All politicians lie.

how it is a bust?

from snopes-

No, its not convoluted at all, there is a 500k exclusion, you are just deciding that anyone who lives in a home worth more than the exclusion should pay the 3.8% and thats that. MY home is worth more than that.....so?
Not so. Read the part about it being treated as "investment income." (I don't know how to do thumbnails, so you'll have to go to the site yourself. That 3.8% is over and above what you would already take off your income tax. Would you rather it be treated as capital gains at 15%?

and you never answered the other questions ala honesty etc.

Ok, here is another one, different topic-

here-
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctx9RoP6DA4&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Obama Logic: Raising Taxes On Rich Will Encourage Rick To Keep Their Businesses In America[/ame]

The bridge collapse occurred because of a design defect, a conclusion reached by the National Transportation Safety Board. The bridge was designed and built in an era when engineers thought that redundant systems were both unnecessary and inefficient. Gusset plates installed at the time of the bridge’s building were too thin, and without any redundancy to account for a major failure on a single point, it was a tragedy waiting to happen from day 1. It had nothing to do with any lack of maintenance, and in fact collapsed because of scheduled maintenance to the deck that inadvertently destabilized it to the point of collapse.

hat tip hot air-
Video: Obama uses false bridge-collapse argument to argue for more taxes « Hot Air

And they were working on it that very moment it went down....

Lie or ignorance?

If you're trying to imply that our bridges and highways aren't in dire need of repair, as well as other critical infrastrucure, carry on, because THEY ARE.

Minn. Bridge Collapse Reveals Brittle America: Expert Op-Ed - Popular Mechanics
According to a report card released in 2005 by the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), 160,570 bridges, or just over one-quarter of the nation's 590,750-bridge inventory, were rated structurally deficient or functionally obsolete. The nation's bridges are being called upon to serve a population that has grown from 200 million to over 300 million since the time the first vehicles rolled across the I-35W bridge. Predictably that has translated into lots more cars. American commuters now spend 3.5 billion hours a year stuck in traffic, at a cost to the economy of $63.2 billion a year.

It is not just roads and bridges that are being stressed to the breaking point. Two weeks ago New Yorkers were scrambling for cover after a giant plume of 200-plus-degree steam and debris shot out of the street and into the air. The mayhem was caused by the explosion of a steam pipe, installed underground in 1924 to heat office buildings near Grand Central station. In January 2007, Kentuckians and Tennesseans woke up to the news that the water level of the largest man-made reservoir east of the Mississippi would have to be dropped by 10 ft. as an emergency measure. The Army Corps of Engineers feared that if it didn't immediately reduce the pressure on the 57-year-old Wolf Creek Dam, it might fail, sending a wall of water downstream that would inundate communities all along the Cumberland River, including downtown Nashville.

The fact is that Americans have been squandering the infrastructure legacy bequeathed to us by earlier generations.

Also, The History Channel repeats "The Crumbling of America" once every couple of months, and I suggest you watch it.

Forum List

Back