Do You Mind That The President Lied?

He lied yesterday to our young folk saying that Ryan's plan would give Block Grants to those on disabilities. It doesn't say that anywhere in Ryan's plan.
Ryan's plan says that it will keep Medicare and Medicaid the same as it is for the poor and disabled.
And that it would give 16,000.00 to a retired couple to help pay for a private or federal Medicare plan.
Congress does not want the non government public to have access to the federal workers health care plans. That is what a lot of this is about.

He lied yesterday to our young folk saying that Ryan's plan would give Block Grants to those on disabilities. It doesn't say that anywhere in Ryan's plan.
Ryan's plan says that it will keep Medicare and Medicaid the same as it is for the poor and disabled.
And that it would give 16,000.00 to a retired couple to help pay for a private or federal Medicare plan.
Congress does not want the non government public to have access to the federal workers health care plans. That is what a lot of this is about.

Ryan's plan DOES call for Medicaid BLOCK GRANTS to the states, depending upon their demographic requirements, i.e., if some state has an extraordinarily high number of poorer people and many of those are disabled.

Ryan's plan DOES call for Medicaid BLOCK GRANTS to the states, depending upon their demographic requirements, i.e., if some state has an extraordinarily high number of poorer people and many of those are disabled.

Ok, tell me where it says that in the bill.
This is right from the bill and it does not say block grants;

(1) Current Medicare benefits are preserved for those in and near retirement, without changes.

(2) For future generations, when they reach eligibility, Medicare is reformed to provide a premium support payment and a selection of guaranteed health coverage options from which recipients can choose a plan that best suits their needs.

(3) Medicare will provide additional assistance for lower-income beneficiaries and those with greater health risks.

(4) Medicare spending is put on a sustainable path and the Medicare program becomes solvent over the long-term.

Did you not make it to page 6 of Ryan's concept document? The page that says:

Repairing a Broken Medicaid System: Ends an onerous, one-size-fits-all approach by converting the federal share of Medicaid spending into a block grant that gives states the flexibility to tailor their Medicaid programs to the specific needs of their residents.​

Give that about 42% of Medicaid spending is on people with disabilities, yes, Ryan's cuts will impact them.

Read your own thumbnail. It's such a convoluted formula, I seriously doubt it will ever apply to anybody except millionaires. But maybe PC is a millionaire. The reason it's a "bust" is because the clause went viral with the intent to scare the average person.

No, its not convoluted at all, there is a 500k exclusion, you are just deciding that anyone who lives in a home worth more than the exclusion should pay the 3.8% and thats that. MY home is worth more than that.....so?
Not so. Read the part about it being treated as "investment income." (I don't know how to do thumbnails, so you'll have to go to the site yourself. That 3.8% is over and above what you would already take off your income tax. Would you rather it be treated as capital gains at 15%?

and you never answered the other questions ala honesty etc.

Ok, here is another one, different topic-

here-
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctx9RoP6DA4&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Obama Logic: Raising Taxes On Rich Will Encourage Rick To Keep Their Businesses In America[/ame]

The bridge collapse occurred because of a design defect, a conclusion reached by the National Transportation Safety Board. The bridge was designed and built in an era when engineers thought that redundant systems were both unnecessary and inefficient. Gusset plates installed at the time of the bridge’s building were too thin, and without any redundancy to account for a major failure on a single point, it was a tragedy waiting to happen from day 1. It had nothing to do with any lack of maintenance, and in fact collapsed because of scheduled maintenance to the deck that inadvertently destabilized it to the point of collapse.

hat tip hot air-
Video: Obama uses false bridge-collapse argument to argue for more taxes « Hot Air

And they were working on it that very moment it went down....

Lie or ignorance?

If you're trying to imply that our bridges and highways aren't in dire need of repair, as well as other critical infrastrucure, carry on, because THEY ARE.

Minn. Bridge Collapse Reveals Brittle America: Expert Op-Ed - Popular Mechanics
According to a report card released in 2005 by the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), 160,570 bridges, or just over one-quarter of the nation's 590,750-bridge inventory, were rated structurally deficient or functionally obsolete. The nation's bridges are being called upon to serve a population that has grown from 200 million to over 300 million since the time the first vehicles rolled across the I-35W bridge. Predictably that has translated into lots more cars. American commuters now spend 3.5 billion hours a year stuck in traffic, at a cost to the economy of $63.2 billion a year.

It is not just roads and bridges that are being stressed to the breaking point. Two weeks ago New Yorkers were scrambling for cover after a giant plume of 200-plus-degree steam and debris shot out of the street and into the air. The mayhem was caused by the explosion of a steam pipe, installed underground in 1924 to heat office buildings near Grand Central station. In January 2007, Kentuckians and Tennesseans woke up to the news that the water level of the largest man-made reservoir east of the Mississippi would have to be dropped by 10 ft. as an emergency measure. The Army Corps of Engineers feared that if it didn't immediately reduce the pressure on the 57-year-old Wolf Creek Dam, it might fail, sending a wall of water downstream that would inundate communities all along the Cumberland River, including downtown Nashville.

The fact is that Americans have been squandering the infrastructure legacy bequeathed to us by earlier generations.

Also, The History Channel repeats "The Crumbling of America" once every couple of months, and I suggest you watch it.

I am not trying to imply anything , what he said was incorrect, watch the video read the expert I posted.

Do wish to address that or create a straw-man? I don't care what his point was, he has to a) lie or b) use misinformation ( to be kind) c) made it all up on the spot and was wrong, to make the point.

Did you not make it to page 6 of Ryan's concept document? The page that says:

Repairing a Broken Medicaid System: Ends an onerous, one-size-fits-all approach by converting the federal share of Medicaid spending into a block grant that gives states the flexibility to tailor their Medicaid programs to the specific needs of their residents.​

Give that about 42% of Medicaid spending is on people with disabilities, yes, Ryan's cuts will impact them.

block grants seem to be working in Rhode island, do you oppose block grants in toto or?

Forum List

Back