Do You Mind That The President Lied?

Well that one's a bust already.
snopes.com: 3.8% Tax on Real Estate Transactions

As for the entire OP, it's typical. Bits and pieces selectively presented that attempt to skew something in its entirety as being all bad. And just about all of PC's current "list" (she has many), came from campaign promises or projections. I'd love to have a dollar for every campaign promise or projection that didn't ever get fulfilled, and since I've been around for about ten different presidential cycles, I'd have myself a nice "dinner out" nest egg I could dip into.

Every time I read your post, I shake my head so rapidly, you could blend paint colors in my mouth….

1. Don't you get tired of being wrong?

You claim that I am in error, I prove that it is you who are wrong, and we repeat this kabuki dance over and over...

....why, folks probably think I pay you to do it to make me look good!

Is there a tax on the sale of one's home in a supposed healthcare bill, the PPACA?
Sure is.
Have someone read/explain post #13 to you.

2. "As for the entire OP, it's typical. Bits and pieces selectively presented ..."
You make this far too easy.

Which item in the OP did you find to be in error? Oh, none?
Is that why you weren't able to specify any?

Consider yourself as burned as Edgar Winter on an Ecuadorian beach!

I'm not wrong. But neither are you, at least the cherry picked stuff you post. But you're infamous for leaving out vast pieces of fact just to justify your contention that you're right and everyone else is wrong. And therein lies my beef with you.

1. What am I, 'Scrubbing Bubbles'...I work hard so you don't have to???
Find your own quotes!

2. "But you're infamous for leaving out vast pieces of fact just to justify your contention that you're right and everyone else is wrong."
You think I left things out, find 'em and poste 'em....
Double dog dare ya'.

3. Next time, could you leave the 'in' off of 'infamous'? Thanks.
But I like that "... you're right and everyone else is wrong..."
Actually, not 'everyone'....just you.

4. "And therein lies my beef with you.'
Well, first, keep havin' a beef, 'cause this is fun!
Second...I think the beef is my runnin' circles around you!

5. This 'cherry pick' thing you complain about...I took the talking points of Obama himself, and you call that 'cherry picking'?
Absurd.
He sold the fraudulent bill with those statements, and I use them to indict same.

6. "How do you sell a product that can only hurt most of its buyers? That was the task of President Obama and his team. The only way is to lie, and that's what they did."
David Freddoso, "Gangster Government," p. 56.

I finished half that book today.....want it when I'm done?
You know, you'll be seeing quotes from same, and they you'll say I'm 'cherry pickin,' won't you?

politicalchic said:

As I said, you chose selected ANALYSES of the health care issue upon which you base criticisms, and as I said elsewhere, the thing hasn't even been fully implemented yet and it won't be until 2014, so those opinions mean nothing but that to me: Opinions.

Of course they mean something...
Did you tell Europe not to complain until all of the continent was taken over by the Soviets?

(Yes, that one is a stretch).

But it's ball park.

Full implementation would mean huge taxes, rationing of healthcare, the end of private healthcare, higher unemployment and expanded government with some additional 159 agencies, commissions, boards, and the end of American federalism.

And you believe that it is prudent to wait?

Those damn lying presidents, how could they, I'm outraged. That whole Iran-contra thing was nothing but...oh, not that lie.

Those damn lying presidents, how could they, I'm outraged. We need to disarm Husein because he has weapons of mass destruction that was complete....oh, not that lie either.

Those damn lying presidents, how could they, I'm outraged. "I did not have sex with that woman", lied right to the camera...oh, not that lie either.

Hard to be shocked.

You and Del both need to spare us the faux-sophisticated, jaded, "Oh, they all do it, I don't expect any better and you're naive if you do" act, because it's exactly that sort of apathetic bullshit that makes it possible for politicians to flap their gums with no thought to honesty or accountability.

In short, if you're not stunned and outraged by the problem, it's because you ARE the problem.

"Read my lips... no new..." probably not that lie either.

I expect accountability out of all of them not just the Democrats, and that is the difference between you and I. Unlike a child, I will show my outrage in a constructive manner...at the polls.

Last edited:
well there's no better place for BS than to hide it in a tax related instrument

which is structured so normal humans can't figure it out without an accounting degree

how many biz owners here do their own taxes?

answer-maybe a few accountants do

plausible deniability never had it better folks

I had the good fortune to see the lecture by the authors of “Why Obamacare is Wrong for America,” Turner, Capreta, Miller and Moffit.

1. The subtitle is instructive: “ How the New Health Care Law Drives Up Costs, Puts Government in Charge of Your Decisions, and Threatens Your Constitutional Rights.”

2. Review the claims originally announced by the President. “When he ran for office, Obama said that his health care plan "will cut the cost of a typical family's premium by $2,500."( Time to curb Obamacare - SFGate) “The average, unsubsidized premium per person covered (including dependents) for new nongroup policies would be about 10 percent to 13 percent higher in 2016…” Director's Blog » Blog Archive » An Analysis of Health Insurance Premiums under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act

a. “Remember when Barack Obama promised that his health-care overhaul would “bend the cost curve downward” and arrest rapid increases in costs? ObamaCare bends the cost curve “In April 2010, Medicare’s Office of the Actuary released an analysis showing that the new law would increase national health care spending by more than $311 billion over the next ten years.” Obamacare repeal and the CBO | Pundit House

b. "I can make a firm pledge," he said in Dover, N.H., on Sept. 12. "Under my plan, no family making less than $250,000 a year will see any form of tax increase. Not your income tax, not your payroll tax, not your capital gains taxes, not any of your taxes." He repeatedly vowed "you will not see any of your taxes increase one single dime." “Taxpayers earning less than $200,000 a year will pay roughly $3.9 billion more in taxes — in 2019 alone — due to healthcare reform, according to the Joint Committee on Taxation, Congress's official scorekeeper.” JCT: Healthcare law to sock middle class with a $3.9 billion tax increase in 2019 - The Hill's On The Money Thus, eight out of ten affected would be making under $200 K. Further, the 40% excise tax on “Cadillac” plans is largely a middle class tax.

c. “Obama: No reduced Medicare benefits in health care reform.” (Obama: No reduced Medicare benefits in health care reform - CNN) “Douglas Elmendorf, director of the Congressional Budget Office, says that simply isn’t true.” CBO: Medicare cuts mean benefit cuts « Hot Air And “The actuary's office has projected those cuts would eventually force about 15 percent of providers into the red.” (Obama's HealthCare Won't Help Sick Old People, What Will Happen To Them?) “would sharply reduce benefits for some senior citizens and could jeopardize access to care for millions of others, according to a government evaluation released Saturday.” Study shows ObamaCare would cut Medicare services, providers « Hot Air And seniors in medicare advantage: “MA enrollees will total about $3,700 annually by 2017, or a nearly 27 percent cut from what would have occurred without the new law.” How Do Obamacare and the Obama Tax Hikes Effect Seniors? - AskHeritage

d. “That is why I have pledged that I will not sign health insurance reform that adds even one dime to our deficit over the next decade.” (Obama: Health Care Reform Won't Add "One Dime" To Deficit - Hotline On Call) “The Congressional Budget Office on Tuesday released a new estimate attributing $115 billion in additional spending to the new national health care law, driving the full cost over the first decade to over $1 trillion.” The American Spectator : AmSpecBlog : CBO Sees $115 Billion in Added ObamaCare Costs

e. “Overall, CBO says the ACA’s tax hikes will reach 1.2 percent of GDP in 2035, or a whopping $180 billion annually in today’s terms.” That would be 5%-10% increases in taxes.(Health Care Repeal Won't Add to the Deficit - WSJ.com) Further, the bill in not inflation-indexed, which meant that “bracket-creep” will assure that the taxes on the ‘rich,’ the $250 K incomes of today will be on folks earning the equivalent of today’s $130 K in 2030.

While I try to avoid such strong language as 'lied,' one is hard pressed to find an explanation for the above other than purposeful lying, or being totally clueless.....

You choose.

How come your "data" comes from "Pundit House" and "Blogs"?

Those damn lying presidents, how could they, I'm outraged. That whole Iran-contra thing was nothing but...oh, not that lie.

Those damn lying presidents, how could they, I'm outraged. We need to disarm Husein because he has weapons of mass destruction that was complete....oh, not that lie either.

Those damn lying presidents, how could they, I'm outraged. "I did not have sex with that woman", lied right to the camera...oh, not that lie either.

Hard to be shocked.

You and Del both need to spare us the faux-sophisticated, jaded, "Oh, they all do it, I don't expect any better and you're naive if you do" act, because it's exactly that sort of apathetic bullshit that makes it possible for politicians to flap their gums with no thought to honesty or accountability.

In short, if you're not stunned and outraged by the problem, it's because you ARE the problem.

I expect accountability out of all of them not just the Democrats, and that is the difference between you and I. Unlike a child, I will show my outrage in a constructive manner...at the polls.

Suuuuure you do. That's why you're clogging up a thread about the CURRENT President with your pseudo-jaded yawning about "They all do it" and then outrage about people who haven't been President in ages.

Suuuuure you do. That's why you're clogging up a thread about the CURRENT President with your pseudo-jaded yawning about "They all do it" and then outrage about people who haven't been President in ages.

And you have just proven his/her argument that you are giving every other president a free pass, but your hate for Obama is so great that NOW is the time EVERYBODY should be outraged at a president that supposedly lied (if indeed, he did lie). Just like every other neocon retard wants to see a birth certificate, but the 42 presidents before this one don't matter....

Hard to be shocked.

You're confusing OMISSION with LYING in Reagan's case.

Also, Bush didn't lie. We just didn't get there in time to find them. That's not a lie.

Clinton did lie.

Last edited:
sparky said:
ok, this is what i have so far>

Under the new health care bill all real estate transactions will be subject to a 3.8% Sales Tax. The bulk of these new taxes don't kick in until 2013 If you sell your $400,000 home, there will be a $15,200 tax. This bill is set to screw the retiring generation who often downsize their homes. Does this stuff make your November and 2012 vote more important?
Oh, you weren't aware this was in the obamacare bill? Guess what, you aren't alone. There are more than a few members of Congress that aren't aware of it either

ObamaCare Flatlines: ObamaCare Taxes Home Sales - Clobbers Middle-Class Americans - Blog - GOP.gov
i'm having a bit of a time applying the obameter>

PolitiFact | The Obameter: Campaign Promises that are about PolitiFact's Top Promises

but i'm fairly certain it will appear eventually as 1/2 the truth a lie, the devil being in the details. For instance being over the 250K income limit means being unaffected (by the Hill article) , so it depends who BarryO is addressing

being under that limit, i'm not overly enthused about sharing my retirement nest egg with the gov's health care nazi's, nor am i about them apperaing at the door of my biz

but what we can plainly see here, is this is another weapons of mass destruction scenario, where all the information is shill, Congress votes on it (yes it was a bipart HC bill) , and the potus is hung out to dry on the details

so would you care to explain the dif PC?

or do we simply place Obama and Bush in the same penalty box?

Well that one's a bust already.
snopes.com: 3.8% Tax on Real Estate Transactions

As for the entire OP, it's typical. Bits and pieces selectively presented that attempt to skew something in its entirety as being all bad. And just about all of PC's current "list" (she has many), came from campaign promises or projections. I'd love to have a dollar for every campaign promise or projection that didn't ever get fulfilled, and since I've been around for about ten different presidential cycles, I'd have myself a nice "dinner out" nest egg I could dip into.

how it is a bust?

from snopes-

Attachments

• $snopes.JPG
    $snopes.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 76
I had the good fortune to see the lecture by the authors of “Why Obamacare is Wrong for America,” Turner, Capreta, Miller and Moffit.

1. The subtitle is instructive: “ How the New Health Care Law Drives Up Costs, Puts Government in Charge of Your Decisions, and Threatens Your Constitutional Rights.”

2. Review the claims originally announced by the President. “When he ran for office, Obama said that his health care plan "will cut the cost of a typical family's premium by $2,500."( Time to curb Obamacare - SFGate) “The average, unsubsidized premium per person covered (including dependents) for new nongroup policies would be about 10 percent to 13 percent higher in 2016…” Director's Blog » Blog Archive » An Analysis of Health Insurance Premiums under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act

a. “Remember when Barack Obama promised that his health-care overhaul would “bend the cost curve downward” and arrest rapid increases in costs? ObamaCare bends the cost curve “In April 2010, Medicare’s Office of the Actuary released an analysis showing that the new law would increase national health care spending by more than $311 billion over the next ten years.” Obamacare repeal and the CBO | Pundit House

b. "I can make a firm pledge," he said in Dover, N.H., on Sept. 12. "Under my plan, no family making less than $250,000 a year will see any form of tax increase. Not your income tax, not your payroll tax, not your capital gains taxes, not any of your taxes." He repeatedly vowed "you will not see any of your taxes increase one single dime." “Taxpayers earning less than $200,000 a year will pay roughly $3.9 billion more in taxes — in 2019 alone — due to healthcare reform, according to the Joint Committee on Taxation, Congress's official scorekeeper.” JCT: Healthcare law to sock middle class with a $3.9 billion tax increase in 2019 - The Hill's On The Money Thus, eight out of ten affected would be making under $200 K. Further, the 40% excise tax on “Cadillac” plans is largely a middle class tax.

c. “Obama: No reduced Medicare benefits in health care reform.” (Obama: No reduced Medicare benefits in health care reform - CNN) “Douglas Elmendorf, director of the Congressional Budget Office, says that simply isn’t true.” CBO: Medicare cuts mean benefit cuts « Hot Air And “The actuary's office has projected those cuts would eventually force about 15 percent of providers into the red.” (Obama's HealthCare Won't Help Sick Old People, What Will Happen To Them?) “would sharply reduce benefits for some senior citizens and could jeopardize access to care for millions of others, according to a government evaluation released Saturday.” Study shows ObamaCare would cut Medicare services, providers « Hot Air And seniors in medicare advantage: “MA enrollees will total about $3,700 annually by 2017, or a nearly 27 percent cut from what would have occurred without the new law.” How Do Obamacare and the Obama Tax Hikes Effect Seniors? - AskHeritage

d. “That is why I have pledged that I will not sign health insurance reform that adds even one dime to our deficit over the next decade.” (Obama: Health Care Reform Won't Add "One Dime" To Deficit - Hotline On Call) “The Congressional Budget Office on Tuesday released a new estimate attributing $115 billion in additional spending to the new national health care law, driving the full cost over the first decade to over $1 trillion.” The American Spectator : AmSpecBlog : CBO Sees $115 Billion in Added ObamaCare Costs

e. “Overall, CBO says the ACA’s tax hikes will reach 1.2 percent of GDP in 2035, or a whopping $180 billion annually in today’s terms.” That would be 5%-10% increases in taxes.(Health Care Repeal Won't Add to the Deficit - WSJ.com) Further, the bill in not inflation-indexed, which meant that “bracket-creep” will assure that the taxes on the ‘rich,’ the $250 K incomes of today will be on folks earning the equivalent of today’s $130 K in 2030.

While I try to avoid such strong language as 'lied,' one is hard pressed to find an explanation for the above other than purposeful lying, or being totally clueless.....

You choose.

You don't live in a bubble? Honestly, I can't believe you went to a lecture with the amount of time you spent cutting and pasting hate Obama messages.

politicalchic said:

As I said, you chose selected ANALYSES of the health care issue upon which you base criticisms, and as I said elsewhere, the thing hasn't even been fully implemented yet and it won't be until 2014, so those opinions mean nothing but that to me: Opinions.

hummm, ok-

Q- did the admin. lie about the double counting of the supposed medicare savings? the 400 Billion?

Q- Is everyone covered under obamacare?

Q- will abortion be paid for by any mechanism found in obama care?

a president lied?

color me stunned

I think that the most notable difference was the buildup of Obama. Almost as if he were the be all end all. The man attained a Nobel Peace Prize while in office for what 2 weeks? Everyone said he was 'change' and how wonderful he was. And all he is-- is more of the same. A legendary rock star status was his aura or one that was artificially built up and those supporters said he could never do any wrong—and some to this day refuse to see he is doing the much of the same as the man they wanted him to replace.

I'm kinda used to it.

a president lied?

color me stunned

This was my reaction. I think this says more about the problem than anything else possibly could, we now expect politicians, even the president, to lie. I guess the people that argued that moral fiber is not a qualification for public office are reaping the benefits of their position, and everyone else is dealing with the consequences.

What are we going to judge people by if it is not the content of their character?

They don't believe that one should be accountable for ones' own actions. It's their intentions that really matter. It's why time after time they get taken for a ride in one cause after another. Scams like the ozone hole, to global warming, to taxing the rich when the truth is it will all lead to higher taxes for all of us. "No way, Obama would never lie about that!!!!"

It's why when Obama lies to us they have no problem with him as long as the lies sound palatable. After all, their beliefs are highly unreasonable. For example, they believe that fossil-fuels are evil but they don't offer to completely swear off using them. So the result is they make regulations that drives the price of fossil-fuels up to wean us off of them. It's a confusing mess to most but to them it makes perfect sense. It's all about guilt.

They know that punishing the rich with high taxes, which is a punitive action, may cause a negative re-action. Their need to get even outweighs the need to do good. They fall for Marxist rhetoric because deep down inside they want to be good people, but then again those evil rich folks deserve to be stolen from because they probable stole it all in the first place. They are so immersed in self-loathing that the causation is guilt. But they sometimes refuse to face their guilt, so these negative feelings come full circle and become denial of the truth. Anyone who gives them a pass from these feelings is their friend. Lies don't bother them. It's how they feel that really matters.

Anyone that points this all out to them is the bad person, not the one who is lying to them. We're just being too judgmental. Nobody is perfect so this gives them an excuse to avoid striving for perfection.

Last edited:

You choose.

Under the new health care bill all real estate transactions will be subject to a 3.8% Sales Tax. The bulk of these new taxes don't kick in until 2013 If you sell your $400,000 home, there will be a $15,200 tax. This bill is set to screw the retiring generation who often downsize their homes. Does this stuff make your November and 2012 vote more important?
Oh, you weren't aware this was in the obamacare bill? Guess what, you aren't alone. There are more than a few members of Congress that aren't aware of it either

ObamaCare Flatlines: ObamaCare Taxes Home Sales - Clobbers Middle-Class Americans - Blog - GOP.gov

PolitiFact | The Obameter: Campaign Promises that are about PolitiFact's Top Promises

but i'm fairly certain it will appear eventually as 1/2 the truth a lie, the devil being in the details. For instance being over the 250K income limit means being unaffected (by the Hill article) , so it depends who BarryO is addressing

being under that limit, i'm not overly enthused about sharing my retirement nest egg with the gov's health care nazi's, nor am i about them apperaing at the door of my biz

but what we can plainly see here, is this is another weapons of mass destruction scenario, where all the information is shill, Congress votes on it (yes it was a bipart HC bill) , and the potus is hung out to dry on the details

WOW...talk about LIES. Your link to GOP.gov is a blatant LIE...

Health care law institutes a sales tax on home sales? No, it doesn't

Pants on Fire!
rulings%2Ftom-pantsonfire.gif

A new chain e-mail wrongly claims that the 2010 health care law will institute a new tax on home sales.

Here's the e-mail a reader recently forwarded to us:

"Under the new health care bill -- did you know that all real estate transactions will be subject to a 3.8% Sales Tax? The bulk of these new taxes don't kick in until 2013 (presumably after Obama's re-election). You can thank Nancy, Harry and Barack and your local Democrat Congressman for this one. If you sell your $400,000 home, there will be a $15,200 tax. This bill is set to screw the retiring generation who often downsize their homes. Is this Hope & Change great or what? Does this stuff makes (sic) your November and 2012 votes more important?

PolitiFact | Health care law institutes a sales tax on home sales? No, it doesn't

You choose.

WOW...talk about LIES. Your link to GOP.gov is a blatant LIE...

Health care law institutes a sales tax on home sales? No, it doesn't

Pants on Fire!
rulings%2Ftom-pantsonfire.gif

A new chain e-mail wrongly claims that the 2010 health care law will institute a new tax on home sales.

Here's the e-mail a reader recently forwarded to us:

"Under the new health care bill -- did you know that all real estate transactions will be subject to a 3.8% Sales Tax? The bulk of these new taxes don't kick in until 2013 (presumably after Obama's re-election). You can thank Nancy, Harry and Barack and your local Democrat Congressman for this one. If you sell your $400,000 home, there will be a $15,200 tax. This bill is set to screw the retiring generation who often downsize their homes. Is this Hope & Change great or what? Does this stuff makes (sic) your November and 2012 votes more important?

PolitiFact | Health care law institutes a sales tax on home sales? No, it doesn't

The truth is they haven't decided how to tax us on Obamacare. Most likely you'll just see another deduction in your pay stub. Instead of 25% of your that pay you'll never touch, it'll be 40%.

Last edited:
OP Assumptions:

Obama operates all by his lonesome.
A president can manage a bunch of corporate stooges.
Money, aka greed, has no effect on legislation.
Speculative thought is reality.
Statistical assumptions are reality.
Our 37th ranked insurance based medical system is just hunky-dory.
Pieces like this are written by unbiased people.
Election words are like fairytales, they all come true.

and number one: The writers are fair people who have a neutral opinion of our president and really really are concerned with medical costs and the care of Americans.

And they wonder why we call them wingnuts!

PS If you believe their honest and unbiased opinion, call me I have some wonderful swampland for you, cheap.

OP Assumptions:

OK. So, the President thought he could do this on his own? One must assume he is a fool for thinking so. Or, if not a fool, knew damn well he couldn't do it on his own and promised something that he knew there was a good possibility that he couldn't deliver.

Aren't you supposed to be brighter than that?

OP Assumptions:

A president can manage a bunch of corporate stooges.
Money, aka greed, has no effect on legislation.
Speculative thought is reality.
Statistical assumptions are reality.
Our 37th ranked insurance based medical system is just hunky-dory.
Pieces like this are written by unbiased people.
Election words are like fairytales, they all come true.

and number one: The writers are fair people who have a neutral opinion of our president and really really are concerned with medical costs and the care of Americans.

And they wonder why we call them wingnuts!

PS If you believe their honest and unbiased opinion, call me I have some wonderful swampland for you, cheap.

So Obama's lies don't matter. We all must remain neutral. Yet another face saving attempt.

I'll attempt to snap you back to reality.

Thinking positive doesn't make Obama's constant lies OK.

If we catch our representatives lying to us, we get rid of them. You want to coddle them because they're just trying to help the poor, they claim. This is a lie of course.

You're under the assumption we don't care about the rising costs of medical care, but you ignore the fact that it has been discovered that Obamacare doesn't address costs. Instead it makes health care more expensive. The goal isn't to help. The goal is place it under governmental control by squeezing out any competition. But because of the source of this information you refuse to believe it. I suggest you research it yourself rather then take anyone's opinion.

Obama's constant lies are fine. Socialism has worked before in other countries so why not here. Obama lies to us to get what he wants, but the end product will be health care for everyone, enough health care for everyone and we can make the rich pay for it.

This is all a lie of course. Everyone will have to pay for it.

You figure this is a small price to pay because you believe the government can do it cheaper and more efficiently, because the health care system is so screwed up now. Little do you know that the government is the primary cause of this. But you still believe the government can do it better as long as they're in full control.

Problem is you're lying to yourself if you believe that.

Forum List

Back