Do You Have a "Mention" Function?

The mention/quote feature was available on another forum I used to go on. It was very handy and led to some very interesting and involved discussions. Although not necessary, it was a very handy tool.

There is a Find All Posts by User Function.

I think what Daktoria is after is a notification feature that would be triggered whenever someone responds directly to a given post (this could be connected to the quote feature), as opposed to the current subscription setup which often forces you to peruse several pages to see whether anyone has responded to one of your posts.

Given the size of this discussion board and the resources such a feature would occupy, I doubt it'll happen.

With c_k, you never can tell. :D
this is true....you never know. Stand by...

[MENTION=40540]Connery[/MENTION] [MENTION=20285]Intense[/MENTION] [MENTION=19170]Coyote[/MENTION] [MENTION=35355]UKRider[/MENTION] you there?

You called?

coyote-2.jpg

I caught the last train in:eusa_whistle:

Pretty cool mention function ;)

I am now getting PM notifications every time I quote someone else's post or they quote one of mine.

Very annoying.

I think we should increase the number of allowed messages, otherwise my inbox will be full in a couple of days

I am now getting PM notifications every time I quote someone else's post or they quote one of mine.

Very annoying.

I'm getting emails. Any way to turn that off?

yes (or at least i think so as its the new box)

go to your user CP...edit options.

go to messages and notifications..... last box... and disable the Likes Notifications:

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Jos
I think we should increase the number of allowed messages, otherwise my inbox will be full in a couple of days

They don't go into your inbox, so you will be fine

Very annoying.

go to messages and notifications..... last box... and disable the Likes Notifications:
He's actually talking about quote notifications going to his email. We missed it and didn't turn it off :( it's fixed though

They don't go into your inbox, so you will be fine

He's actually talking about quote notifications going to his email. We missed it and didn't turn it off :( it's fixed though

:thup:

i can see how getting an email for every quote/mention would be annoying. Im pretty sure people will be happy you shut that off.

the check box in User CP didn't stop it from adding a notification into your regular notifications though. :(

Forum List

Back