Do You Have a "Mention" Function?

I think we should increase the number of allowed messages, otherwise my inbox will be full in a couple of days

They don't go into your inbox, so you will be fine

yes (or at least i think so as its the new box)

go to your user CP...edit options.

go to messages and notifications..... last box... and disable the Likes Notifications:
He's actually talking about quote notifications going to his email. We missed it and didn't turn it off :( it's fixed though

:thup:

i can see how getting an email for every quote/mention would be annoying. Im pretty sure people will be happy you shut that off.

the check box in User CP didn't stop it from adding a notification into your regular notifications though. :(
Yeah it's not working at the moment....at least there are no pop-ups so thats fixed :)

I think we should increase the number of allowed messages, otherwise my inbox will be full in a couple of days

They don't go into your inbox, so you will be fine

yes (or at least i think so as its the new box)

go to your user CP...edit options.

go to messages and notifications..... last box... and disable the Likes Notifications:
He's actually talking about quote notifications going to his email. We missed it and didn't turn it off :( it's fixed though

:thup:

i can see how getting an email for every quote/mention would be annoying. Im pretty sure people will be happy you shut that off.

the check box in User CP didn't stop it from adding a notification into your regular notifications though. :(
I'm actually ok with that. I've been wanting that kind of notification for some time now, just not via email. I like how we can go directly to the quote too.

I don't want to be getting dozens of notifications telling me that people have quoted me, liked a post or whatever. I don't particularly want someone to be able to "summon" me by inserting a "@" in front of my name. If you want to call my attention to something you may have written, send me a PM with a link.

Ahhhh!!!!! :):):)
intense-albums-this-and-that-picture4397-img-7350-03-3.jpg

I don't want to be getting dozens of notifications telling me that people have quoted me, liked a post or whatever. I don't particularly want someone to be able to "summon" me by inserting a "@" in front of my name. If you want to call my attention to something you may have written, send me a PM with a link.

I agree. Its already annoying.

If a "shut off" isn't obvious, I'd appreciate hearing how to do it.

Thanks.

Thanks.

For once Luddly and I agree on something. Give us an "off" switch or remove it altogether. I don't generally give a shit if someone quotes me and if I do I don't need a GOD damned notice in my fucking e-mail.

Last edited:
Really beautiful cat but its not really helpful to this issue.

Perhaps, you would be willing to answer questions (see above) about this new function?

Thanks.

For once Luddly and I agree on something. Give us an "off" switch or remove it altogether. I don't generally give a shit i someone quotes me and if I do I don't need a GOD damned notice in my fucking e-mail.

Yeah, I understand.

I had to go pour a strong drink before I could continue ...

pimmy.jpg

I think there should be an opt-out option for this, just like with rep.

If not, then I will just put anyone who "summons" me on ignore.

Forum List

Back