Do we live in America or do we live in Africa?

So, now every fucking individual ad is supposed to have exactly the proportional make up of the US?

You people are so fucking petty.

I just find it hilarious that it doesn’t bother you now but it likely bothered you before where miniorities were less represented.

Maybe you didn’t care then either, in which case, fine.

I just find it hilarious that it doesn’t bother you now but it likely bothered you before where miniorities were less represented.

Maybe you didn’t care then either, in which case, fine.

It did not bother me then as I did not really notice that either.

It is just odd to me that anyone is counting such things when they watch an ad.

If you were to name any "famous" ad I would not be able to tell you the race make up the ad outside of the old Karl Jrs ones that used sex to sell their burgers...those I remember well! :cool:

You do bring up a good point, you are now upset that whites are under represented so I guess you can understand why the blacks were upset about it for all those years they were

Oh for God sakes. Using race AS A factor is not racist. They are trying to capture a greater share of the market.
Companies make choices based on what is profitable and consumers are indicating they WANT to see a more diverse array of people. No one, other than a small minority of people who feel threatened by changes are paying attention to exact demographic representation. Just to point it out in another area…how about demanding a realistic demographic representation in colleges?

Maybe it is because market research shows whites also want to see more diversity and most don’t feel threatened by ads that don’t show exact demographic proportions. Believe me, ads follow the market and $$$.
There is a difference between your spew of "threatened" and "authoritarian propaganda" forced on the general public. This has invigorated reparations on race and now is up to 200 million dollars a person in California alone.

There is a difference between your spew of "threatened" and "authoritarian propaganda" forced on the general public. This has invigorated reparations on race and now is up to 200 million dollars a person in California alone.

One more reason not to live in Cali.

Your response is full of veiled (or not-so-veiled) accusations of me being a racist because I am pointing out (!!) the racism inherent in selecting people by skin color.
That's your assumption you Bingo. :lmao:

Who's to say they weren't chosen because they were the better actor?
And if they are trying to capture greater market share, they wouldn’t be targeting a minority of the population. It’s all this dangerous “wokeness.”
That's a big IF you've done no work to qualify nor have you even proven your premise, that Black people are over represented in commercials and media. Also to call this dangerous is one of the most hilariously Karen things I've ever heard in my life. What exactly is dangerous about this Karen? 😄
Are you trying to tell me that the Bud Marketing Director was trying to increase market share by ignoring the largest segment of potential consumers - working class Americans - and going after the HUUUUGE potential market of transgenders? GMAB.
She gave one personalized can to a media influencer that doesn't equate to bud neglecting marketing to the bigoted white crowd.

We are in silly times…A time of mandatory pretend…We are all suppose to pretend dark people have all the money and are the largest group of consumers, we are to pretend that dark people, faggots and chicks with dicks are America’s greatest assets and we are to pretend evil whitey is responsible for ALL of America’s shortcomings.…If you resist said programming you are a racist bigot.
Unkotare and the rest of America’s marxists are teaching this in our schools.
I was right there with you until you had to slam Unko outta nowhere.

I read this and I wonder why anyone pays attention to the skin color of people in commercials.

But, each to their own I guess.
Ya know..

when you know blacks are only 14% (max) percent of the population and homosexuals are only 4%

and over 60% of all the commercials have either blacks, gays, or black gays in them, a liberal would

wonder wtf is going on here? What about the Latins and the Asians and the Indians?

What about the white people? :eusa_think:

IMO, these companies are promoting some messed up things.

Ya know..

when you know blacks are only 14% (max) percent of the population and homosexuals are only 4%

and over 60% of all the commercials have either blacks, gays, or black gays in them, a liberal would

Do you use a spreadsheet to keep count? or some other method?

IMO, these companies are promoting some messed up things.

So, what you are saying is that in your mind being black or gay makes a person "messed up"?

Do you use a spreadsheet to keep count? or some other method?

So, what you are saying is that in your mind being black or gay makes a person "messed up"?
I'm saying these companies are promoting things that degrade society.

Stop trying to put words in my mouth, fuck you with that.

It’s called overcorrecting.

For most of television’s history black people were under-represented. The TV execs were afraid of offending white audiences. Now, the pendulum has swung in the other direction, and the execs are afraid of offending by *not* having enough black people.

Similarly, they “corrected” the ditzy wife stereotype by making every single TV husband a dumb, lazy schlub.

No, the problem is the DISPROPORTIONATE percentage of blacks shown in ads - around 50% when they are only 13% of the population.
This is a dumb statistic. The percentage of ads that have black people in the ad is utterly meaningless. Blacks may only be 13% of the population but I would be willing to bet that there are black people that live in 100% of US cities.

The statistic that you are really looking for is how many black actors there are in relation to white actors. The simple fact that the cited rag does not use that statistic and defaults to something as disconnected as ads that contain black people is MUCH more telling than the statistic itself. They are lying to your face and are unashamed of it.

Blacks may only be 13% of the population but I would be willing to bet that there are black people that live in 100% of US cities.
Not sure what you’re trying to say here.

There are many towns across the US that have zero black people. Heck, there’s probably even entire counties.

Not necessarily a good or bad thing. It just is a geographic reality.

I mean, if there was a show set in Detroit and it consisted mainly of white actors, the Left would lose their shit. It’s a double standard.

You have to remember you are dealing with people that are counting the number of black people on posters inside of stores, reason and logic will never work with them
I think what you’re seeing are woke white guilt weirdos following and defending the orders given by George Floyd from six feet under. More Twilight Zone shit…basic shit from you lefties that’s all.

Forum List

Back