Do liberals want to control 100% of the economy?

Look at all the laws that want to control Toto.

Seriously.

I mean, who needs laws when it comes to controlling pets?

Laws schmaws.

Toto doesn't need a leash while going for a walk down the city street. He knows that it's his personal responsibility not to run into traffic or jump on people and bite them. He also knows the toilets are where you are supposed to shit and can't for the life of him understand why he has to go outside to do his business.

Why do the left always go for the common sense laws and try to turn it into, an everything must go out the window laws toward conservatives?
We all agree to leash laws and cleaning up after your dog.
It's the ridiculous laws that we are talking about. Like poor Toto can't hang his head out the window, those type of stupid laws.

So long as there is one law controlling Toto by definition Toto is being controlled.

Yes, and we're going to get your little dog Toto too.

Seriously.

Laws schmaws.

Toto doesn't need a leash while going for a walk down the city street. He knows that it's his personal responsibility not to run into traffic or jump on people and bite them. He also knows that toilets are where you are supposed to shit and can't for the life of him understand why he has to go outside to do his business.

Just pointing to the fact they want to control Toto to, thanks for proving what she alleged.

I don't think most liberals consciously want to control 100% of the economy.

But they don't seem to have any resistance to more and more control, and in fact seem to think we aren't anywhere near close enough yet.

What is ideal for liberals? What is enough? Is there such a thing as too much gov't control (economically-speaking) in their paradigm(s).

Liberals don’t want to ‘control’ any of the economy.

Liberals are pragmatists, unlike conservatives they don’t adhere blindly to certain economic doctrine and dogma.

They’re advocates of free markets, private ownership of business, and ‘capitalism’ overall.

But as pragmatists liberals also understand that for well over 150 years the ‘natural regulators’ (the ‘invisible hand’) of the free market system are far too weak and ineffective to adequately safeguard the consumer markets in which businesses function today. The complex and often potentially harmful nature of goods and services produced, the increasingly fierce environment of competition in pursuit of profits, and the globalization of the markets make it impossible to allow for ‘self-regulation.’

Consequently, and reluctantly, liberals understand that governmental regulatory policy is necessary to protect consumers from business excess, and indeed, protect business from itself.

It has nothing to do with ‘control,’ rather it’s a matter of citizens of an advanced, modern, industrialized society entitled to expect their food is safe to eat, products and services are safe to use, and fundamental standards of business practices are maintained.

For businesses that function within the law, regulatory policy is not an issue.

Seriously.

Laws schmaws.

Toto doesn't need a leash while going for a walk down the city street. He knows that it's his personal responsibility not to run into traffic or jump on people and bite them. He also knows that toilets are where you are supposed to shit and can't for the life of him understand why he has to go outside to do his business.

Just pointing to the fact they want to control Toto to, thanks for proving what she alleged.

And I was just pointing out how moronic your post was.

Thanks for reaffirming what I already know about you.

Seriously.

Laws schmaws.

Funny how sea makes a statement, I agree with her, you agree with her, and you still feel the need because of liberal intolerance, to call me names.

Let me know when you become open minded to new ideas instead of being stuck in the partisan mind set.

Funny how sea makes a statement, I agree with her, you agree with her, and you still feel the need because of liberal intolerance, to call me names.

Let me know when you become open minded to new ideas instead of being stuck in the partisan mind set.

You know what, man, you're right.

Leash laws designed to control dogs and keep Toto down are totally a liberal concoction and no true conservative or non RINO would ever support such ebil laws.

But they don't seem to have any resistance to more and more control, and in fact seem to think we aren't anywhere near close enough yet.

What is ideal for liberals? What is enough? Is there such a thing as too much gov't control (economically-speaking) in their paradigm(s).

That's as ridiculous as saying Republican want corporations to control America.

Oh, wait.......Oops.

We dont dumbass, but you did say oops.....let the cat out of the bag, tisk tisk

You can't say one thing and then have policies that do the opposite. It makes the right look like indoctrinated locksteppers.

Oh, wait.......Oops.

If corps control America, how the hell did Obama get elected with a filibuster proof Senate? No question they have too much influence, but you guys go way overboard over it.

yeah, you better get those old lazy bastards off their butt and put them to work in slave labor/religious monistary camps of the right wing republicans and conservatives.

Liberals long for the day when everyone lives in public housing, eating government issued meals, seeing government doctors.

Is that so wrong?

Liberals long for the day when everyone lives in public housing, eating government issued meals, seeing government doctors.

Is that so wrong?

Just like being in the Army.If it's okay for them (and they are the best in the world), then it's okay for me.
I enjoyed my military service. Didn't you? Or were you back on the block swinging your dick in your hand?

Liberals don’t want to ‘control’ any of the economy. Not true, since you do now.

Liberals are pragmatists, unlike conservatives they don’t adhere blindly to certain economic doctrine and dogma. :lmao:

They’re advocates of free markets, plenty of sign carrying lefties demanding capitalism ends private ownership of business big 0 runs GM, and ‘capitalism’ overall. not true, not even close.

But as pragmatists liberals also understand that for well over 150 years the ‘natural regulators’ (the ‘invisible hand’) of the free market system are far too weak and ineffective to adequately safeguard the consumer markets in which businesses function today. The complex and often potentially harmful nature of goods and services produced, the increasingly fierce environment of competition in pursuit of profits, and the globalization of the markets make it impossible to allow for ‘self-regulation.’ we have tons of laws that make us less competitive and nearly impossible for small biz to thrive, yet liberals demand more, w/o any thought to cause and effect.

Consequently, and reluctantly, liberals understand that governmental regulatory policy is necessary to protect consumers from business excess, and indeed, protect business from itself. You have no reluctance, none at all.

It has nothing to do with ‘control,’ rather it’s a matter of citizens of an advanced, modern, industrialized society entitled to expect their food is safe to eat, products and services are safe to use, and fundamental standards of business practices are maintained. horse shit. we already have enough laws covering that, and yet more and more useless laws get passed.

For businesses that function within the law, regulatory policy is not an issue.

prag·ma·tist   [prag-muh-tist] Show IPA
noun
a person who is oriented toward the success or failure of a particular line of action, thought, etc.; a practical person.
an advocate or adherent of philosophical pragmatism.

prag·ma·tism   [prag-muh-tiz-uhm] Show IPA
noun
character or conduct that emphasizes practicality.
a philosophical movement or system having various forms, but generally stressing practical consequences as constituting the essential criterion in determining meaning, truth, or value.

Did a little research for you, since I don't think you know what that word means.

ex

liberals want millions of public pools to have a special permanent chair that allows handicap access by the end of the year, or be fined $50k, the only problem is the company that makes the chairs can only make about 5000 a year.

Thinking about it, I doubt they want to stop at the economy. They would rather control everything we do or think..... Cradle to Grave, don't worry we're from the government and we're here to help............

You mean the people fighting for freedom from government interference in our sex lives with consenting adults are actually trying to control us? You mean the people who think this country was founded on ideas like freedom from religion as opposed to the people who feel this is a christian country and nothing else are after our freedoms? You mean the people who want equality for women and minorities are after our freedom?

Well, yeah i guess if you consider that one of your freedoms is the tyranical abuse of women and minorities, and the freedom to tell others what religion they should be, and who they should be aleeping with, then yes i guess liberals are after those freedoms you hold so dear. I am good with that.

What about the republicans trying to impose on my freedom to steal from you? What about5 the republicans trying to stop me from beating the fuck out of you? What about the republicans trying to stop me from being what religion i want to, or brown, or a woman? What about the republicans telling 50 percent of society what they can do with their bodies....Wait, make that 100 percent since they started the drug wars.

It seems to me your people of freedom are not very freedom minded at all. Perhaps if you are going to back people who do not want to tell us what to do then you should probably not back the fascist republican party.

Seems to me that you are so far wrong, but it is very difficult to understand half of what you are trying to say.... English isn't your first language, is it?

And you don;t need to speak to me about freedom child, I live it.

Who currently controls the economy?

The super wealthy who control 70% of the wealth and 100% of the politicians

Liberals want to reign in some of that power through regulation, worker protections and social services.

Conservatives whine......Redistribution of wealth.....redistribution of wealth

Are you trying to say that all wealthy people are Republican?

I believe 6 or 7 of the richest people in our federal government are Democrats..... Of course i could be wrong.. Doubtful but possible.

Oh, wait.......Oops.

We dont dumbass, but you did say oops.....let the cat out of the bag, tisk tisk

You can't say one thing and then have policies that do the opposite. It makes the right look like indoctrinated locksteppers.

Our policies don't do the opposite, shit-for-brains. It's actually Democrat policies that allow corporations to control America. For Democrats, corporations are just another mechanism they can use to control everything we do.

Forum List

Back