Zone1 Do Atheists Implicitly Believe in "God"?

If you do care about these things, please explain.
When generally accepted laws are flagrantly broken under the protection of a large power then all of us must care that the same thing could happen to all of us.

Ok, I mean those of us out in the weapons testing zone.

What we're saying is, who decides what is "right" or not right? Most atheists claim that morality is subjective. Again, if it's subjective then there's no such thing as a true right or wrong. That's one of the problems with atheism, it simply cannot account for an objective right / wrong.
As though gods can objectively command against murder whilst slaughtering entire peoples.

Whatever.

Morals are community norms. Valid morals assist the survival and prosperity of the community. This is shown by the different norms of different communities.

Last edited:
As a agnostic here's a pro-tip.....

I try not to fuck with God by not asking all kinds of favors of Him.....I let Him be and hopefully He returns the favor.....GTG so far. ;)

Oh, and leave the Saints the hell alone, consider this, most of them had a rough go of it in life, let them enjoy their God's reward in peace.

I mean how would you like to be enjoying your little piece of Heaven (or what passes for it) and be constantly pestered with 1st world problems? Come to that I wonder if there is a pecking order for granting prayers?

The world wonders.

Imagine there is no "god." Imagine there is no afterlife...no reward for a life of virtue and no punishment for a life of evil. Imagine that you do not believe that humans are somehow "children of god" or intrinsically more "valuable" than animals and plants.

Now given this set of non-beliefs, would you care about thousands of people being killed on the other side of the world - people whom you do not know, and nobody you ever encounter would know? If so, why?

Would you care about the carnage that goes on in our inner cities every weekend?

Would you care about any tragedies that don't affect you or your posse? Why?

I'm not an atheist, but as a human we want to live in a place that's safe, for humans at least. So, if you have people being killed around you, it threatens your life too.

Or maybe some people just care about other people. Humans are emotional beings. We can connect with others, even if we don't know them.

would you care about thousands of people being killed on the other side of the world - people whom you do not know, and nobody you ever encounter would know? If so, why?

Would you care about the carnage that goes on in our inner cities every weekend?

Nobody cares about death that doesn’t affect them personally. They say they do to maintain politeness. Have a little honesty my friend.

I was way more sad when my grandpa died than I was when three thousand people were killed at the World Trade Center. By your dishonest logic there are people that were 3,000 times more sad at the World Trade Center attack than they were when their 8 year old child was killed in an automobile accident. I’m offended at your lack of honesty thus I will make sure I ignore anything you ever say.

Duh. Nobody cares when the things you mentioned happen. They say, “isn’t that awful?” They say that because it is awful. They don’t spend weeks and weeks crying and don’t want to get out of bed and contemplate suicide because they are so sad. That’s lies, lies, and more lies. You want to brilliantly and strategically shame somebody for a normal non feeling that even you possess. Don’t lie. I can see through it .

Last edited:
That's one of the problems with atheism, it simply cannot account for an objective right / wrong.

whats the difference between atheism and the personification of a deity when the supposed deity has yet to ever appear and prove their existence.

- no difference whatsoever, simply religious text based on nothing at all ... the desert religions.

Sigh, as a agnostic sometimes I feel left out of all the bickering. ;)

Isn’t that the objective of using the word agnostic to describe yourself? People that have 51% belief in god and 49% doubt is a believer in God. People that have 49% belief in God and 51% doubt is an atheist. Nobody is 50/50. An agnostic is just an atheist that is terrified to admit it. So yeah. You avoid the bickering by embracing your cowardness. Congratulations agnostic. You achieved your objective. When you have the courage to admit you are an atheist then you can join the discussions that you are afraid of.

Isn’t that the objective of using the word agnostic to describe yourself? People that have 51% belief in god and 49% doubt is a believer in God. People that have 49% belief in God and 51% doubt is an atheist. Nobody is 50/50. An agnostic is just an atheist that is terrified to admit it. So yeah. You avoid the bickering by embracing your cowardness. Congratulations agnostic. You achieved your objective. When you have the courage to admit you are an atheist then you can join the discussions that you are afraid of.
Nah, I'd just rather not be a dick in that regard....You know, like yourself.

Nah, I'd just rather not be a dick in that regard....You know, like yourself.

Every single human being in the world and that has ever lived is an agnostic. It isn’t that impressive. It just means you don’t know. Nobody does. It doesn’t make you a dick. It makes you a pussy. I guess you can go transgender nowadays and be both.

Horse manure. Religion is rife with those who are afraid not to believe. Islamic countries will not hang atheists as they do homosexuals. Ostracization while alive in the society is a much more violent death. America is not far evolved from this violence done to those with courage who are not buying any protection racket based on coercion, fear, guilt or troubled spirit whose avatars are illusory non-existent entities.

Every single human being in the world and that has ever lived is an agnostic. It isn’t that impressive. It just means you don’t know. Nobody does. It doesn’t make you a dick. It makes you a pussy. I guess you can go transgender nowadays and be both.
Wrong. It makes you honest.

Imagine there is no "god." Imagine there is no afterlife...no reward for a life of virtue and no punishment for a life of evil. Imagine that you do not believe that humans are somehow "children of god" or intrinsically more "valuable" than animals and plants.

Now given this set of non-beliefs, would you care about thousands of people being killed on the other side of the world - people whom you do not know, and nobody you ever encounter would know? If so, why?

You can abstract from a lot of things, but not from reality as a whole.
There is a Creator and that is purely from REASON. What you do with that is religion or it isn't.

Natural Religion , which is purely religion from reason, gives you 'equality of man" and 'unalienable rights of man"
The question then is not a good one. Whatever you think of what you are not part of, you still have your duties to your family, community, work, citizenship. Who fails at the things you list that doesn't first fail at what I list.

IT takes a perverted 'religion' to posit you being better than other people , in the first place'
Do unto others as you want done is maybe the simplest undeniable first principle of morality and hence of religion at any level.

Don't say the morality thing is religion. Then why does a thief complain when you steal from him? An adulterer when you commit adultery with his wife? A murderer when you murder a dear one of his?

As soon as you make the question of Creator/God an academic question you have been immoral.
When you die and tell God that you just didn't give a sht, you can't complain if HE doesn't give one either.

There are two types of Atheist -

The one that just gets on with their life.

The one that suffers Religiophobia and must prattle on trying to be the religious expert.

I think the point the OP is making is that by atheists refusing to abandon the concept of fairness - even though they claim there is no higher purpose of fairness - it proves they really do believe there is a higher purpose of fairness.

Forum List

Back