How a Vegan Gets More Protein Than You

CarlinAnnArbor

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2016
That's probably the most common argument I hear from people: "you can't get enough protein eating just plants."

I'm not a protein worshipper. Neither am I a bodybuilder. But I was actually surprised by how much protein I get in a day. This is my typical diet every day although it's not set in stone.

Breakfast
Protein shake: 54
Bowl of berries: 2

Work snack
Healthy cookie (Lenny &Larry): 16
4 oz pumpkin seeds: 40

Lunch
Sausage & mushrooms: 24
Salad: 10

Snack
Protein bar: 20

Dinner
Omelet with added tofu: 24

Total: 190

Last edited:
Why I could never be vegan.
Bacon.jpg

Sausage and mushrooms does not equal vegan, unless your sausage is the new version of meatless, lab grown sausage. They can get pretty close to the taste on a lot of meats but I'm not sure it is even that much healthier than just eating the real thing.

Sausage and mushrooms does not equal vegan, unless your sausage is the new version of meatless, lab grown sausage. They can get pretty close to the taste on a lot of meats but I'm not sure it is even that much healthier than just eating the real thing.
There are a hundred varieties of vegan sausage. All pretty pathetic if you ask me. There are times when I will go vegan for a couple weeks though.

Not "lab grown" but soy. And don't lecture me about the dangers of soy. I know this stuff better than you.
And yeah, it tastes great. I mix sausage and mushrooms with spaghetti sauce

th-3799123352.jpg

A tomato sandwich is a thing of beauty. Especially with a good, homegrown tomato.
I've never had that before. I'll try it this week. I'll have to use Ezekiel bread though. Not my favorite, but it doesn't spike my blood sugar.

There are a hundred varieties of vegan sausage. All pretty pathetic if you ask me. There are times when I will go vegan for a couple weeks though.
Have you tried Beyond Beef breakfast sausage? It's delicious. I try not to eat that stuff as much as I used to.

That's probably the most common argument I hear from people: "you can't get enough protein eating just plants."

I'm not a protein worshipper. Neither am I a bodybuilder. But I was actually surprised by how much protein I get in a day. This is my typical diet every day although it's not set in stone.

Breakfast
Protein shake: 54
Bowl of berries: 2

Work snack
Healthy cookie (Lenny &Larry): 16
4 oz pumpkin seeds: 40

Lunch
Sausage & mushrooms: 24
Salad: 10

Snack
Protein bar: 20

Dinner
Omelet with added tofu: 24

Total: 190
Don't you have to eat big quantities of food for you daily caloric intake?

I never understood why vegans try to hard to make their food look like meat, it is almost as if they know deep down inside that they really miss meat so they have to pretend.

Nobody takes a steak and tries to make it look like a carrot.

I never understood why vegans try to hard to make their food look like meat, it is almost as if they know deep down inside that they really miss meat so they have to pretend.

Nobody takes a steak and tries to make it look like a carrot.
Lol

Don't you have to eat big quantities of food for you daily caloric intake?
Ann eggplant grinder with olive oil and other veggies can offer a 1000 calories pretty easily. It's good too! Now if you want to go lacto....we can melt some mozzarella and top it off with
Reggiano! 2,000 calories...and paradise!

I suppose that some folk still just enjoy the taste of murder, even if they think meat is murder.

As vegan activists go, however, a real pirate would sit down with the rest of the group at the table and break out a twig and some leaves and start munching on that and say, hey, ya'll can kis mah ass if you don't like it, while everybody else enjoys their sausages and frankfurters rather, than forward the appearance of conformity.

That's what a leader would do anyway...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back