Do atheists believe that everything in life must be perfect for a Creator to exist?

Do atheists believe that everything in life must be perfect for a Creator to exist?

• Yes

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • No

Votes: 10 90.9%

• Total voters
Oh my word. This is getting to be pathetic. Are you claiming that logic itself does not exist? Please answer with a yes or no.
I'm saying you have provided no evidence the existence of logic proves the existence of gods, merely unsupported assertion.

Oh my word. This is getting to be pathetic. Are you claiming that logic itself does not exist? Please answer with a yes or no.
I'm saying you have provided no evidence the existence of logic proves the existence of gods, merely unsupported assertion.

Then you’re not reading my posts, because I explained it in post #76.

Objective truths exist. Objective truths are not man-made. A universe of rocks and dirt, with no intelligence guiding anything does account for things like the abstract laws of logic. And that’s just one thing, there are numerous other things I can bring up, but I can’t be here all night, I’ve got other things to do.

And I never said “gods” plural, btw, so don’t change my words.

Mutterings about 'objective morality' for one. Morals are community norms. Morals are shown to be valid when they assist the survival of the community. This is demonstrated by how different communities have different morals.

My goodness. You're fully indoctrinted, aren't you?

but I can’t be here all night, I’ve got other things to do.
Building straw men is never done...

No straw men, you just can’t admit that without an intelligence, existence itself (and the fact that there is something rather than nothing) really does boil down to chance. Dumb luck. If you want to try to refute that, go right ahead.

No straw men, you just can’t admit that without an intelligence, existence itself (and the fact that there is something rather than nothing) really does boil down to chance. Dumb luck. If you want to try to refute that, go right ahead.
You just can't do anything but build straw men to attempt to defeat, can you? Oh, ok, that's unfair. You can provide unsupported assertions, fair enough.

You just can't do anything but build straw men to attempt to defeat, can you?

You’re getting boring. If you think it’s a straw man, make your case and refute it. I don’t have time for games right now, I need to cook dinner.

This is interesting. Doesn't mention a creator or gods anywhere.

morality
1 the quality of being moral.
behaviour in relation to accepted moral standards.
3 a particular system of moral standards.

Oh look, it comes from 'custom'. That would be a 'community norm'.

moral adj 1 belonging or relating to the principles of good and evil, or right and wrong. 2 conforming to what is considered by society to be good, right or proper; ethical. 3 adhering to or based on conscience or a knowledge of what is right • a moral obligation. 4 having a psychological rather than a practical effect • moral support. 5 considered in terms of psychological effect, rather than outward appearance • a moral victory. 6 said of a person: capable of distinguishing between right and wrong. 7 supported by reason or probability, though not provable • a moral certainty. noun 1 a principle or practical lesson that can be learned from a story or event. 2 (morals) a sense of right and wrong, or a standard of behaviour based on this, especially in relation to sexual conduct • loose morals.
ETYMOLOGY: 14c: from Latin moralis
, from mores, plural of mos a custom.​

Blacks have been around longer than Jews. Are they a miracle too?
Maybe. Make your case.
Like I said Blacks have been around and were the first homo sapiens. All people trace their roots back to the homeland of Blacks.
Is that it? Is that your case?
Thats all thats required.

Forum List

Back