Disney Has Lost $50 Billion So Far

I honestly don't believe Disney, or the public schools, are interested in "grooming" anyone...
No? Why invite this mental case to read to children then?
1650824882435.jpeg

I gave up anything Disney several years ago. I do find it amusing that they could lose the rights to Mickey Mouse though.

Bet they are loving their activist employees now…huh?
How could they lose the rights to The Mouse? Is that a real thing?

It’s tragic that such people were allowed to take over the once great company that was established to entertain children.

I don’t know whether it was Trump or what, but some catalyst occurred to make all of these sexual deviants come out of the closet and expose themselves. And Americans are taking names.

Disney’s stock has lost nearly $50 billion in value since the start of March, when it took a political gamble to oppose Florida’s controversial new education law.

Disney’s stock was down more than 2% on Friday and by more than 8.5% over the past few days as Florida lawmakers work to punish the company for wading into the state’s politics. The stock’s market cap has declined by about $46.6 billion since March 1, just days before the company came out against the legislation.

Looks like a good time to buy!
1650825001339.png

The problem with what the State is doing (and I'm a big DeSantis supporter) is that they're now trying to say this is being done because Disney has unfair business concessions, but anyone with a pulse knows that's not why they're doing it, at all.

I'm all in favor of the law prohibiting sex education to kids in grammar school, but I'm vehemently against the State now punishing a corporation for expressing an opinion. This will set a monumentally dangerous precedent, in that it will now be perfectly acceptable to financially attack any entity at all for expressing an opinion. Florida Republicans need to pray to whatever God they believe in that a democrat never becomes Governor, because this will come back to bite them in the proverbial ass, and they won't have a leg to stand on when trying to contest it.

As big a supporter of DeSantis as I am, I think he's dead wrong for doing this, and I think it could very easily hurt his political aspirations beyond the State House...
Nonsense! The issue is parental rights!

The assertion of parental rights against the prorogation of sexual degeneracy in the state schools is the stuff of cancel culture?

How is that, retard?
"prorogation of sexual degeneracy"? Sounds impressive and ominous, but what does it mean? Whatever it means, have you seen it in a grade school classroom in your city or just heard and read about it?

The problem with what the State is doing (and I'm a big DeSantis supporter) is that they're now trying to say this is being done because Disney has unfair business concessions, but anyone with a pulse knows that's not why they're doing it, at all.

I'm all in favor of the law prohibiting sex education to kids in grammar school, but I'm vehemently against the State now punishing a corporation for expressing an opinion. This will set a monumentally dangerous precedent, in that it will now be perfectly acceptable to financially attack any entity at all for expressing an opinion. Florida Republicans need to pray to whatever God they believe in that a democrat never becomes Governor, because this will come back to bite them in the proverbial ass, and they won't have a leg to stand on when trying to contest it.

As big a supporter of DeSantis as I am, I think he's dead wrong for doing this, and I think it could very easily hurt his political aspirations beyond the State House...
Disney chose to go political. Worse decision for any company to do.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

You guys are really after the Mouse. I'd take my kids there again if they were small. They ain't the great Satan, though your cancel culture is doing an excellent marketing job.
It's not cancel culture, they're turning out a shitty product and supporting shitty political causes. The market isn't biased, it only responds to success and failure.

And again another one thinks it’s important to let us all know they support sexual deviance on children by making the absurd claim grooming doesn’t exist.
He claims to be a WA educator. I believe it is a lie. But if true, it would make it clear why WA schools are so fucked up. All of the good teachers are going to ID to get away from the state mandated woke bullshit. The exiting teachers figure they are more concerned with quality education than the higher WA pay.

Ya, public companies do great when they have no investors.
Until they issue new stocks, trading on the NYSE has no relevance to Disney, or any other company for that matter. If I buy YOUR stocks in Disney, how much money do they see?

No such thing as an independent. There’s a chasm between the 2 sides. You’re on one side or the other or you’re at the bottom of the chasm and irrelevant.
I'm at the bottom, not even trying for the top of the pond. It's great! I get to point out stupidity and assholery on both sides, without guilt and still get all the benefits from making my way in the world, without having to be beholding to either of the two political parties. I've been in the military and in the business world and sales, making me pretty resistant to sales pitches by just about everybody. I just cannot see the benefit to ME to believing and committing. Both fringe sides (the ones doing all the shouting) are pretty much asshole, and I wouldn't want one of them hanging around my pool. Friends might think I had lost my standards.

I suggest putting every penny you have into Disney stock.
I’ll bet you by the end of next Friday it will be higher than it is now. If I’m right then you have to start a thread complimenting Joe Biden and must defend him throughout the thread without saying one negative thing about him. Do we have a deal?

Forum List

Back