Disney stock down 33% since starting their beef with Florida in 2022

Mr. Friscus

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2020
On March 9, 2022, former Disney CEO Bob Chapek attacked Gov. Ron DeSantis (R., Fla.) for supporting the Parental Rights in Education bill, instigating a feud with the popular governor that persists to this day. Since then, Disney's stock price has lost a third of its value.

Disney stock was trading at $133.65 a share when Chapek accused DeSantis of promoting legislation that would "unfairly target gay, lesbian, nonbinary, and transgender kids and families." Disney shares opened at $89.44 and continued to fall on Wednesday ahead of DeSantis's formal entry into the 2024 presidential campaign.

• That's a decline of 33.1 percent in a little over 14 months.

It looks like yet another example of leftist woke politics not being a good business strategy.

Their woke movie is kicking ass

1685218730080-png.789287

Wow, you got triggered fast!

Any comment on the topic?

I did comment on the topic, the demise of Disney is overstated.

Long after DeSantis is dead and gone Disney will still be raking in money.

That is where most movies do the most business and where movies are generally rated. And it is a major holiday weekend where families are LOOKING to get out. The movie will fail badly because it is a one-sided racially-driven woke remake of an old movie just to appeal to a minority group.

Yep, and this movie is on track for the 4th best Memorial Day weekend opening ever, and those numbers are just from the US.

Just has to piss you off there are not near as many racist in the country like yourself as you thought there were

the demise of Disney is overstated.

Businesses worth 24 billion dollars don't usually disappear overnight. Besides, I don't think anyone wants to see Disney go out of business, folks are just pulling back because of the woke, child-gender mutilation supporting policies. Being down 33% ain't nothing to sneeze about.

Really? So now you think being forth best is now an acceptable woke standard and victory for a woke company like Disney to be proud of?

I think being the 4th best in history is pretty damn good.

Barry Sanders is the 4th best rusher of all time in the NFL, do you think that is something for him to be embarrassed by?

Just has to piss you off there are not near as many racist in the country like yourself

So now, you try labeling everyone disagreeing with you as a "racist?" How very Disney woke of you.

Keep watching that movie and tell me how well it really did a MONTH from now.

It is aimed at a very small target audience.

Just remember that now even gays are boycotting Bud Lite.

So now, you try labeling everyone disagreeing with you as a "racist?" How very Disney woke of you.

Keep watching that movie and tell me how well it really did a MONTH from now.

It is aimed at a very small target audience.

Just remember that now even gays are boycotting Bud Lite.

Is there another reason to be trigged by a black mermaid?

No wonder Diz scrapped plans (if it was ever true) to build a center for employees in Florida when the stock is down by a third. Factor in the crazy notion promoted by the NAACP that their constituents should stay away from Florida and Disney World and you get the impression that he left is determined to cut it's own throat once again.

Wow, you got triggered fast!

Any comment on the topic?

It's mostly flat the last 7-10 years though. Has little to do with wokeness; has more to do with the fact that it's evolving as a media company in an era in which it has a lot of competition.

If Disney's stock is a wash, then it's a wash. It's not winning, but it's not losing either, so the war against Disney doesn't seem to be gaining much traction. I don't understand why DeSantis doesn't drop it. There's nothing to be gained by dragging this out when their old CEO is gone and the new one has extended an olive branch.

DeSantis has Napoleon complex and Napoleon is a fitting analogy in more ways than one.

I'd be thrilled if they came out with an ORIGINAL movie idea that did well!

What next, a new woke, black version of the three stooges?

For whatever reason, remakes and sequels rule the day at the box office.

The top 20 for this year is dominated by them...

1685231616551.png

Forum List

Back