Disney stock down 33% since starting their beef with Florida in 2022

Is that why when Governor Desantis wanted to keep CRT and Queer theory out of elementary school, Disney decided to go WOKE?
Hey Gulping Gator.....Check out where i live....I know what happens, when it happens and how it happens...

I think nobody understands why you're so invested in the Little Mermaid doing well (time will tell if they make true money)
My guess is that he just likes to troll and probably thinks people on the right will be upset if it does well. Everyone is a racist when your only tool is a race card.

Businesses worth 24 billion dollars don't usually disappear overnight. Besides, I don't think anyone wants to see Disney go out of business, folks are just pulling back because of the woke, child-gender mutilation supporting policies. Being down 33% ain't nothing to sneeze about.
They have been losing money pretty regularly at the box office. Park attendance is down and they just announced the demise of The SW Star cruiser. Plus they are going through several law suits. One of which is by shareholders. They have seen better days as their stock price proves.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if it turned out that Disney and other interested operatives were buying up handfuls of tickets just to make the movie appear doing better than it really is.

The Left is all about fake results.
They did offer up free tickets for the last Ant Man movie for eating at IHOP …so I wouldn’t be surprised.

Hey, you can try to say 33% of something isn't a significant number, and belongs in the ebbs and flows of a year... but I don't think much others outside of your "defend Disney's bad numbers because it's woke" bubble will buy it.
Especially their stock holders…who are suing them for deliberately hiding/ falsifying earnings numbers.

You can think what you want.

Here's something to chew on. Bob Iger is a pretty experienced CEO - forgot more about business in a few minutes than you or I have learned in a decade or two. He's not bending over for Meatball Ron or his dipshit anti-woke supporters. So what does that tell you?
Well…he is the dipshit in charge when running Star Wars,Marvel and soon to be Indiana Jones into the ground. So….

What cause Disneys stock to drop from 197 in March of 2021 to today?
Was that because of DeSantis, I think not.
Running their movie franchises into the ground and pissing off/attacking fans and their yearly park pass holders.

On March 9, 2022, former Disney CEO Bob Chapek attacked Gov. Ron DeSantis (R., Fla.) for supporting the Parental Rights in Education bill, instigating a feud with the popular governor that persists to this day. Since then, Disney's stock price has lost a third of its value.

Disney stock was trading at $133.65 a share when Chapek accused DeSantis of promoting legislation that would "unfairly target gay, lesbian, nonbinary, and transgender kids and families." Disney shares opened at $89.44 and continued to fall on Wednesday ahead of DeSantis's formal entry into the 2024 presidential campaign.

• That's a decline of 33.1 percent in a little over 14 months.

It looks like yet another example of leftist woke politics not being a good business strategy.
Then good idea to not put any money into Florida.

They have been losing money pretty regularly at the box office. Park attendance is down and they just announced the demise of The SW Star cruiser.

I've never been to Disney and that star cruiser thing frankly creeps me out a little bit. Too much fantasy make believe for me, but I guess the left really are deep into made up realities. But it looks like Disney is the victim of bad timing both because of Covid AND because they ran into an immovable force---- DeSantis. :SMILEW~130:

Running their movie franchises into the ground and pissing off/attacking fans and their yearly park pass holders.
Only for you RW woke cancel culture cult members.
Today something triggers you daily, and you MUST cancel.

Forum List

Back