Disney Has Lost $50 Billion So Far

I’ll bet you by the end of next Friday it will be higher than it is now. If I’m right then you have to start a thread complimenting somebody on the left and must defend them throughout without saying one negative thing about “the left”. Do we have a deal?
And ditto. You compliment how conservatives were right about investing in Disney.

The problem with what the State is doing (and I'm a big DeSantis supporter) is that they're now trying to say this is being done because Disney has unfair business concessions, but anyone with a pulse knows that's not why they're doing it, at all.

I'm all in favor of the law prohibiting sex education to kids in grammar school, but I'm vehemently against the State now punishing a corporation for expressing an opinion. This will set a monumentally dangerous precedent, in that it will now be perfectly acceptable to financially attack any entity at all for expressing an opinion. Florida Republicans need to pray to whatever God they believe in that a democrat never becomes Governor, because this will come back to bite them in the proverbial ass, and they won't have a leg to stand on when trying to contest it.

As big a supporter of DeSantis as I am, I think he's dead wrong for doing this, and I think it could very easily hurt his political aspirations beyond the State House...
Good point.

While it is satisfying...it is true that revenge by government isn't a great model of governance.

This can and will have a chilling effect on free speech.

On the other hand... when the Libs can use the power of government... they have no qualms using it... and as Synthaholic once said to me in regards to Democrat hypocrisy of gerrymandering more than Republicans..."we can't unilaterally disarm".

I live about an hour away from Disney World. No way would I go there or take any of our grandkids. We also dropped Disney+. It is the right thing to do.

They are woke assholes. Walt created a great thing but it is being destroyed now by California Liberals. Liberals destroy everything they touch.
Several years ago, my wife and I promised our kids that we would spend a week in Disneyworld when they were old enough to fully appreciate it and enjoy the memories of their visit for years to come. My wife and I haven't been there since just after we married.

Well, they are at that age now. We planned for next Spring when they will be 12 and 10 respectively. They've been patient and are truly thrilled that they'll see it soon.

We'll keep our promise but unless Disney gets its act together that will be the last time.

I live about an hour away from Disney World. No way would I go there or take any of our grandkids. We also dropped Disney+. It is the right thing to do.

They are woke assholes. Walt created a great thing but it is being destroyed now by California Liberals. Liberals destroy everything they touch.
The left destroy everything they touch. They can't help themselves. Then they cry and moan about Christians pushing their religion on them. They truly are mentally ill.

Several years ago, my wife and I promised our kids that we would spend a week in Disneyworld when they were old enough to fully appreciate it and enjoy the memories of their visit for years to come. My wife and I haven't been there since just after we married.

Well, they are at that age now. We planned for next Spring when they will be 12 and 10 respectively. They've been patient and are truly thrilled that they'll see it soon.

We'll keep our promise but unless Disney gets its act together that will be the last time.
A family had reservations when Disney jumped into politics of this and tried to cancel. Disney refused a refund. So they went wearing ‘Walt was not woke’ t shirts and were widely supported by everyone at the park including employees.

Until they issue new stocks, trading on the NYSE has no relevance to Disney, or any other company for that matter. If I buy YOUR stocks in Disney, how much money do they see?
BUT... Disney as a publicly traded company has a fiduciary responsibility to their shareholders.

IOW... If they are doing dumb shit that's fucking up their stockholders share prices... they have a duty to change that course or risk lawsuits be those shareholders.

Yes, that was the goal of the unethical, corrupt Governor who is punishing them for political free speech.
I figured the left would be all for taking away special tax privileges from a huge corporation.

Ive never been a fan of Disney personally. If they ceased to exist tmw I wouldn’t lose a second of sleep.

But it is interesting that all the “the rich dont pay their fair share“ crowd are upset by this.

BUT... Disney as a publicly traded company has a fiduciary responsibility to their shareholders.

IOW... If they are doing dumb shit that's fucking up their stockholders share prices... they have a duty to change that course or risk lawsuits be those shareholders.
Not wise for a public company to piss off a person who may very well be the next POTUS. Investors hate risk.

Stocks take care of themselves when gate receipts and viewers decline.

You guys are really after the Mouse. I'd take my kids there again if they were small. They ain't the great Satan, though your cancel culture is doing an excellent marketing job.
yeah that marketing job has cost them billions,,

maybe you can go borrow a kid and take them,, maybe go to the inner city and foster a child??

yeah that marketing job has cost them billions,,

maybe you can go borrow a kid and take them,, maybe go to the inner city and foster a child??
Nah. Some of those rides made me a little nauseous, even thirty years ago. Drank coffee this morning from the Mickey Mouse mug I bought back then. Learned on here copyright changes might make it even more of collector's item than it already is. I have no problem with Disney. That is for you and the culture warriors and Disney.

I bought Disney stock in the early 1980s and sold in the late 1990s and made some good money.

I wouldn't touch that stock now with all the queer horseshit they are pulling.

If they don't stop with this queer woke filth the stock is going to go down a lot more than it has recently.

Forum List

Back