Disney on target to lose 800 million in one quarter...with Marvel, Star Wars, Pixar, Indiana Jones...wow.....

Disney is a toxic brand nowadays. Not unlike Bud Light.

Liberals always fuck up everything and Disney is one of the poster children for that truism.

Walt's vision was wholesome Conservative American centric family entertainment. Those assholes Libtards that are running it now abandoned that vision for a stupid destructive and sicko Leftest Diversity agenda and is destroying the brand and they are too idiotic to know it.

Fuck Disney.

I normally could care less about Disney because I am not their target market for many of their products.

However, I am very disappointed that they fucked up Star Wars. What in the hell were they thinking?

They literally have the licenses ( in Intellectual Properties,) to print money.....and they are losing money like drunk sailors.....or leftists.......

And now, the very first cartoon, the biggest money making cartoon in history...Snow White and the 7 Dwarves.....is about to be wrecked.....

This is one of the most amazing things to watch....a company that was a staple of my childhood every sunday night who now owns more intellectual properties that were worth billions....and they are flushing it down the toilet...

The floundering Walt Disney Company’s Disney+ streaming service is expected to record a $800 million third-quarter loss.

That’s nearly a billion dollars lost in a single quarter.

I tell ya, Disney’s slow-motion collapse is more entertaining than anything these child predators have created in years.

Apparently, grooming little kids doesn’t pay.

Who knew?

In better news, Disney stock took a dive after it was announced disgraced CEO Bob Iger extended his contract to 2026.

Its been years since they have done an Avengers project. They need to drop all the woke shit and get back to making awesome super hero movies.

Do you know who is tired of super hero movies? Its the people who never liked them to begin with. Everyone else is begging for more. Instead we get a bunch of horseshit woke movies.

Um... wow. You see, most people would just see that as a sad person who lived in isolation her whole life (kind of like an average USMB Poster) being kind of bitter. But Maoism and Witchcraft, who knew?

I do think there are narrative problems in modern Disney, like their planned Snow White Matrix, where she isn't white and the Dwarves are now "Magical forest Creatures", but really look like Renaissance Fair rejects.
I'm deeply flattered by your reaction, but read the last three paragraphs again. ;)

I normally could care less about Disney because I am not their target market for many of their products.

However, I am very disappointed that they fucked up Star Wars. What in the hell were they thinking?

They just wanted to sell more over-priced toys. That whole franchise went downhill a long time ago, before Disney ruined it.

They just wanted to sell more over-priced toys. That whole franchise went downhill a long time ago, before Disney ruined it.
The first trilogy was great for its time.

The second trilogy was shitty and the fault of Lucas.

The third trilogy was even more shitty and the fault of Disney.

The only things good to come out since Disney took over was Rogue One and Andor. Everything else sucked.

The question I always ask after reading your posts.

Does your doctor know you are off your medications?
Says the Moon Bat that is afflicted with Trump Derangement Syndrome and is absolutely bat shit crazy obsessed with hating Kyle Rittenhouse.

Your reaction is an unexpected extra layer of hilarity.

Sorry, man if you aren't a Russian Troll trying to stir up trouble, when you start babbling about Witchcraft and Maoism in disney films, you sound like a crazy person.

My view is simpler. Disney films aren't very good, they are formulaic, and people are tired of the formula, especially when they keep recycling the same properties.

Sorry, man if you aren't a Russian Troll trying to stir up trouble, when you start babbling about Witchcraft and Maoism in disney films, you sound like a crazy person.
I think the problem in your misperception of my post’s intent lies not so much with the similarly insane crap that’s posted here in earnest, but in the failure of so many here to pay attention to where others are coming from.

Far too many are far too busy spewing their sacred opinions, and far too few assess where others are actually situated.

Rather than endlessly talking past one another, perhaps some of us could actually take some time to mindfully converse?
My view is simpler. Disney films aren't very good, they are formulaic, and people are tired of the formula, especially when they keep recycling the same properties.
Every story’s been told thousands of times over.

The films I cited are masterpieces - treasures of cinema - and I genuinely pity anyone who hasn’t been touched by their beauty.

But I set a snare for elephant and trapped a donkey - I guess it happens.

:p

But next time someone who’s posted literally hundreds of times in defense of the left absurdly refers to Mary Poppins as a “titular Leninist,” maybe take a moment to consider what they’re getting at, especially when they tell you in the last few sentences.

Take care.

Disney seems to be okay with the entertainment losses.
There net profit so far in 2023 is just over $2 Billion.
They are clearly on a progressive jihad with their purchases of practically everything in the entertainment industry, and turning it into mindless virtue signaling trash.

But next time someone who’s posted literally hundreds of times in defense of the left absurdly refers to Mary Poppins as a “titular Leninist,” maybe take a moment to consider what they’re getting at, especially when they tell you in the last few sentences.

I just skipped over your word salad here, because frankly, I don't care if you claim you are left, when you still say crazy stuff. I've got a guy who claims he's on the left but still promotes racist social darwinism on threads.

My problem with Disney is that it "Disneyfies" things. The Jungle Book and Hunchback of Notre Dame are not stories with "Happy Endings", but man, Disney gave them some. The real story of Pocahontas was a fucking tragedy. But shit if Disney didn't make that a happy story! (The right wing didn't like it because it implied that colonialism was bad.)

Now, how pervasive is this? A while back, my then 11 year old niece was showing me her video of the 1942 version of "The Jungle Book". And she exclaimed with all sincerity.. "It's not the real Jungle Book by Walt Disney!"

"Sweetie, do you realize Walt Disney didn't write the Jungle Book. Do you know who did?"

"Someone who wasn't Walt Disney" she replied, and her mother laughed.

Disney isn't Marxist or Leninist... it's the worst kind of Capitalist. The on that takes something and squeezed all the flavor out of if for cheap profit.

GOD I love good news! :thup:

Disney on target to lose 800 million in one quarter...with Marvel, Star Wars, Pixar, Indiana Jones...wow.....​

Me too.

Go woke go broke.

Power of the purse. Disney can be bought out and replaced.

Me too.

Go woke go broke.

Power of the purse. Disney can be bought out and replaced.

Disney will go on because Hollywood accounting is fungible. Don't believe these movies lost money.

What Hollywood does need to do (not just Disney) is worry less about production values and more about story and character.

Take the latest Indiana Jones Debacle.

The first Indiana Jones Movie cost $20 million to make ($67 million in today's dollars) to make in 1981 and earned $389 million dollars. (1.3 Billion in today's dollars)

The last one cost $295 million to make and earned $381 million. It actually made a profit, just not a very large one. If it had been made on a practical budget of $100 million, it would have been a smash hit.