Did I miss when Obama tried to use diplomacy with Gaddafi?

What line was this? did Ghaddafi threaten America?:eek:

He blew up Americans decades ago and was supposed to be killed then.

Now he was killing his own people.

They cried out to America inviting them to do something about it.

Let me know when all the above were factors for any previous action of this nature in recent history.

Thanks.

You are correct Ghaddafi is a scumbag, however the US re-established diplomatic relations with Ghaddafi years ago.

PH2009070902424.jpg

Ghaddafi came to the table with the US, he gave up his WMD program, renounced terrorism, helped the US track Al Qaeda agents in his country, paid reparations to victims of the Lockerbie bombing and we dropped the sanctions on him and re-opened a US embassy in Libya. It sounds to me like Ghaddafi played ball and did what we expected of him.:doubt:
Booooooosh!

Perfect.

Half the Obama-haters are complaining that he acted too slowly in Libya,

the other half complaining that he acted too quickly.

Classic ODS!!!

Perfect.

Classic ODS!!!

So its true what we've said about the left; that being they are incapable of independent thought.....hell I'm shocked ....no really completely shocked

Lybian oil is actually only 2% of world production but it is light sweet crude which makes it really REALLY coveted.

The craziest part about all of this though is that Obama did go to Gaddafi during the world apology tour, shook his hand, and made very nice as did Gaddafi at the time. Gaddafi has been making nice since Reagan bombed him way back when and most especially since we invaded Iraq. Nobody in the Middle East has been more concilatory or cooperative. So all was cool.

Until. . . .this rebel uprising at the very same time similar uprisings were happening in Egypt, Jordan, Yemen, Morroco, Kuwait, and a few other countries many with the identical results/loss of life as was happening in Lybia.

Nevertheless, we didn't ask questions. We went in with rockets and bombs and missiles and made something of a mess for awhile. Only in Lybia. Why there and nowhere else?

THEN we see that the CIA is now going in to find out who these rebel guys actually are.

And the debate is on whether we should arm them or not.

I think war is probably the most stupid thing humankind has ever thought up, but some defnitely bring out more stupid than others.

Last edited:
LoLing @ the Far RW reactionary howl of "hypocrites!"

Fact: The people of the nation actually BEGGED America to intervene.

Fact: Khadaffi should have been killed decades ago for killing Americans, but the then Republican administration dropped the ball...as usual.

So go ahead Far RWers...bend over backwards and perform magic tricks to defend this world renowned evil dictator.

CLASSIC!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

of course they did and they're the only ones who ever did that, and that's why we were compelled to help them.

the kurds didn't in iraq....oh, wait. well those people in darfur didn....um, hold on, the ones in the suda..... oh, wait..never mind

you're a bigger fuckwit than i thought, and i truly didn't think that was possible. :thup:
You say that every. single. time.

lol
:lol:

Perfect.

Classic ODS!!!

Or there's some of us who take anti-war seriously, unlike all those dems who pretended to be during the Bush years.

I'm against the warmongering in Iraq/Libya/Afghanistan, I don't let political parties influence my principles.

Perfect.

Classic ODS!!!

Or there's some of us who take anti-war seriously, unlike all those dems who pretended to be during the Bush years.

I'm against the warmongering in Iraq/Libya/Afghanistan, I don't let political parties influence my principles.

I opposed the Iraq war, I opposed the escalation in Afghanistan, I opposed the attack on Libya.

Perfect.

Classic ODS!!!

I opposed the Iraq war, I opposed the escalation in Afghanistan, I opposed the attack on Libya.

I applaud you for being against the Iraq and Libyan war/conflict. I'm surprised you were against the Afghanistan escalation, Obama campaigned on doing that and didn't you vote for him?

Perfect.

Classic ODS!!!

I'm with you on Iraq and Libya but not on Afghanistan, if anything thats where we need to be focusing on, and the madrassas in Pakistan, those are Usama Bin Laden incubators.:eek:

Bomb first,ask questions later. That's this President's policy on the Libyan War. They didn't even know who the Rebels were. Turns out they're loaded with Al Qaeda Terrorists. This is just another stupid Foreign Intervention. Blow Back will be coming our way on this one at some point. Very sad stuff.

Bomb first,ask questions later. That's this President's policy on the Libyan War. They didn't even know who the Rebels were. Turns out they're loaded with Al Qaeda Terrorists. This is just another stupid Foreign Intervention. Blow Back will be coming our way on this one at some point. Very sad stuff.

This whole adventure is a failure, they showed the rebels getting their asses kicked yesterday on CNN by Ghaddafis forces and their all complaining about how NATO isn't doing enough, we should have left this alone and let Ghaddafi take his country back already.:doubt:

I pray for the day people start holding thier party's puppets to a higher standard.

If they say they're going to do something, then don't do it, the reaction of supporters should be to get upset, not get defensive.

Perfect.

Classic ODS!!!

:lol: :lmao: :rofl: OK... whatever :eusa_liar:

I don't think some of you guys realize that War is a method of diplomacy, albeit a rather extreme method.

Perfect.

Classic ODS!!!

:lol: :lmao: :rofl: OK... whatever :eusa_liar:

Once in my life have I voted for a mainstream party bureacrat, I voted for Bush when I was 18, haven't voted for a mainstream rep or dem since.

After I voted for him I felt like I deserved every american (and foreigner for that matter) a door to door, face to face apology. I won't make that mistake again.

Perfect.

Classic ODS!!!

And now that you saw how a man who campaigned against military action, blasted Bush for his military action, and is quite obviously a man who does not see military action as a tactic .....actually USE military action as a first resort....

perhaps now you can say to yourself...

maybe, just maybe, the men and women that have access to intel and other classified information are more likely better qualiufied to determine if military action is reuqired than I am.

And now that you saw how a man who campaigned against military action, blasted Bush for his military action, and is quite obviously a man who does not see military action as a tactic .....actually USE military action as a first resort....

perhaps now you can say to yourself...

maybe, just maybe, the men and women that have access to intel and other classified information are more likely better qualiufied to determine if military action is reuqired than I am.

I'm curious as to what intel could possibly make anyone think the Libya adventure is "required."

Forum List

Back