Boehner to GOP: "Prepare For Shutdown!!!!"

DaGoose

Gold Member
Nov 16, 2010
Illinois
House of Representatives Speaker John Boehner on Monday told fellow Republicans to prepare for a government shutdown

Boehner tells Republicans to gird for shutdown - Yahoo! News

They could start with cutting their own salaries and government health care.

If it happens I wonder if this one will be more successful than Newt Gingrich's shut down? The electorate was wanting to string old Newt and the GOP up.

Shut er down and start handing out PINK slips to a lot of these Elected assholes in it while we're at it.

Partisanship is dumb. Rs and Ds are equally stupid to those who don't wear blinders. As I just mentioned to someone else, the more the Rs and Ds play games, the more nothing ever really changes, so a bunch of us can get at least a vacation out of it. Just in time for the nice weather, too.

The Democratic Senate want to bargain before they put a proposal on the table. If a shut down occurs it is on the head of the Dems who want to bargain with nothing on the table.

Partisanship is dumb. Rs and Ds are equally stupid to those who don't wear blinders. As I just mentioned to someone else, the more the Rs and Ds play games, the more nothing ever really changes, so a bunch of us can get at least a vacation out of it. Just in time for the nice weather, too.

Something sinister in me tells me that they work together and take turns who looks bad and who takes elections. I honestly feel like the R's are being so corny and glib that they want Obama to win 2012.

Something sinister in me tells me that they work together and take turns who looks bad and who takes elections. I honestly feel like the R's are being so corny and glib that they want Obama to win 2012.
I think you give them too much credit, honestly. Forward thinking? For them? For any of them?

I don't buy it.

I think you give them too much credit, honestly. Forward thinking? For them? For any of them?

I don't buy it.

I just think it's too convenient how each "team" if you will takes turns being the "bad" (or "stupid," if you will again)guys in Public.

The more that time goes by though, the more both are being hated-on, which is a good thing.

I don't buy it.

I just think it's too convenient how each "team" if you will takes turns being the "bad" (or "stupid," if you will again)guys in Public.

The more that time goes by though, the more both are being hated-on, which is a good thing.
And, more of us become aware of the crap and realize that partisan views are not useful any longer.

The Democratic Senate want to bargain before they put a proposal on the table. If a shut down occurs it is on the head of the Dems who want to bargain with nothing on the table.

Sorry, it's not on the head of the Dems. The House leadership will take the hit because they couldn't figure out how to stop the shutdown.

Sorry, it's not on the head of the Dems. The House leadership will take the hit because they couldn't figure out how to stop the shutdown.
Does the phrase 'balance of power' mean anything to you?

I don't buy it.

And, more of us become aware of the crap and realize that partisan views are not useful any longer.

That's why I wish the Tea Party was real and not another branch of Partisanship. We need something better than that.

That's why I wish the Tea Party was real and not another branch of Partisanship. We need something better than that.
It had an altruistic start, I think. I was enthusiastic, but not so much now for the partisanship reason. They allowed themselves to become just another tool in the game.

House of Representatives Speaker John Boehner on Monday told fellow Republicans to prepare for a government shutdown

Boehner tells Republicans to gird for shutdown - Yahoo! News

They could start with cutting their own salaries and government health care.

If it happens I wonder if this one will be more successful than Newt Gingrich's shut down? The electorate was wanting to string old Newt and the GOP up.

This is no surprise to me. I've been posting that this is where they were going since the midterms..as well as a bid to impeach Obama.

The "new" conservative GOP is driving this shutdown. If it occcurs, they will be held responsible by the voters. Heading into the 2012 election cycle, it is a risky play, but one which I hope Boehner is willing to try out.

I don't really think so.

Both are in the pockets of business. But one wants a little something for the working guy too. The other does not.

It had an altruistic start, I think. I was enthusiastic, but not so much now for the partisanship reason. They allowed themselves to become just another tool in the game.

My problem with it was that they were blatant Conservatives, based on everything I heard coming from them. Just because they seperated from Republicans didn't mean I was going to buy the ruse that they weren't born out of Partisanship.

I could have broken my ego (I have half and half views) and supported it and tried to make it more independant from the inside (In my opinion making it more powerful), but once I heard the Becks and the Palins and shit trying to pull the sleight of hand trick and become the "face," I said yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeert. Nope.

Forum List

Back