Did I miss when Obama tried to use diplomacy with Gaddafi?

Khadaffi crossed the line.
Plain and simple.

What line was this? did Ghaddafi threaten America?:eek:

He blew up Americans decades ago and was supposed to be killed then.

Now he was killing his own people.

They cried out to America inviting them to do something about it.

Let me know when all the above were factors for any previous action of this nature in recent history.

Thanks.

Fact: The people of the nation actually BEGGED America to intervene.

The people of what nation?

The terrorists who were leading the rebellion or the American people?

While Khaddafi, Gadaffi, or whatever that shitheads name is was killing his people for rebelling our "president" was vacationing in South America. He needed his 10 days to react to the situation....

Marc, you are being intellectually dishonest.

Just say it.... your boy is always right.

LoLing @ the Far RW reactionary howl of "hypocrites!"

Fact: Khadaffi should have been killed decades ago for killing Americans, but the then Republican administration dropped the ball...as usual.

So go ahead Far RWers...bend over backwards and perform magic tricks to defend this world renowned evil dictator.

CLASSIC!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't think anyone particularly cares for Ghaddafi, but the war chest is empty, we are spending billions occupying Iraq and Afghanistan, and our economy is fucked. We can't afford to play the hero role right now.

Plain and simple.

Let me know when all the above were factors for any previous action of this nature in recent history.

Thanks.

But but....we are'nt targeting him right?

Dude.... your making this too easy.

Plain and simple.

Let me know when all the above were factors for any move of this in recent history.

Thanks.

LMAO! So the left is now all about retro active revenge now when at the time Reagen Retaliated against Ghaddafi the Left went apeshit calling Reagen a "War Monger" and doing everything they could to paint Reagen as the aggressor.... ya do shutup

Fact: Khadaffi should have been killed decades ago for killing Americans, but the then Republican administration dropped the ball...as usual.

So go ahead Far RWers...bend over backwards and perform magic tricks to defend this world renowned evil dictator.

CLASSIC!

I don't think anyone particularly cares for Ghaddafi, but the war chest is empty, we are spending billions occupying Iraq and Afghanistan, and our economy is fucked. We can't afford to play the hero role right now.

I care that The Constitution is being averted.

We have NO business there.

Plain and simple.

Thanks.

How could I forget all those democrats who were furious at Clinton for not bombing Libya!

I remember all the democrats marching on capital hill demanding Bush launch whatever wasn't waisted in the other 2 wars at Libya. I must have had some type of car accident that caused me to have temporary amnesia to not remember these obvious historical facts.

Plain and simple.

Thanks.

You are correct Ghaddafi is a scumbag, however the US re-established diplomatic relations with Ghaddafi years ago.

PH2009070902424.jpg

Ghaddafi came to the table with the US, he gave up his WMD program, renounced terrorism, helped the US track Al Qaeda agents in his country, paid reparations to victims of the Lockerbie bombing and we dropped the sanctions on him and re-opened a US embassy in Libya. It sounds to me like Ghaddafi played ball and did what we expected of him.:doubt:

Plain and simple.

Currently, the United States is part of the international community. It's not always about us, sometimes it's about doing what the UN votes to do.

You seem to be the only one standing up for Obama, which is ok, but did he or did he not use diplomacy with Libya before the cruise missiles were launched?

That's the premise of thread, holding him to his word.

We can't afford to play the hero role right now[/B].

I beg to differ. We can't afford NOT to play the hero role right now.

Are you serious? Explain how we CAN afford this, and secondly, how does launching cruise missiles from hundreds of miles away make anyone a "hero"?

I didn't bring the word "hero" into the convo. I just reused it. By afford, I'm clearly not talking about the luxury of paying for it, clearly.

CLASSIC!

of course they did and they're the only ones who ever did that, and that's why we were compelled to help them.

the kurds didn't in iraq....oh, wait. well those people in darfur didn....um, hold on, the ones in the suda..... oh, wait..never mind

you're a bigger fuckwit than i thought, and i truly didn't think that was possible. :thup:

Forum List

Back