Dick Cheney Survives Fifth Heart Attack, not rare cardiologists say

Oh, and if the person is indigent and can't pay, guess who does? You and I do. And we're not paying for the $100 doctor's visit that could have prevented a problem. We're paying for the full-blown emergency. Because Americans are smart and corporations know best...

Conservatives have no issue paying the money for the ER so the poor have a place to go when they need medical help.

We simply do not want it to ALSO cost us our liberties.

Someone pays for those waived bills or at least the real expense portion of them.

Yes we do.
And we do not complain about it.....as it is a cost iuncurred so we can keep our liberties while the poor have a place to turn for medical help.

Given a choice betweeen paying for the healkthcare for the poor as we do now, or paying for the cost of healthcare for the poor with government intervention in our liberties...we prefer the first.

Why is that so hard to comprehend?

Old, really? The insurance companies will do ANYTHING to dig through your past and find some way that they can avoid paying your claim. They have people whose job this is specifically. Are you really this stupid?

Health Insurance Companies - Their Abuse And Tricks, Part One

My brother had his tonsils taken out because they were infected and ready to burst (like most people who have their tonsils out). They were so swollen he couldn't breathe. You do not have the faintest idea of what you are talking about.

Conservatives have no issue paying the money for the ER so the poor have a place to go when they need medical help.

But we're paying much, much more than we wiould had this person been able to go to a regular doctor before becoming gravely ill and haveing to go to the ER. Why is this ok with you... and what liberties are you giving up? The right to sneer at people at the ER since they don't have insurance or money to go to a primary physician?

Someone pays for those waived bills or at least the real expense portion of them.

Yes we do.
And we do not complain about it.....as it is a cost iuncurred so we can keep our liberties while the poor have a place to turn for medical help.

Given a choice betweeen paying for the healkthcare for the poor as we do now, or paying for the cost of healthcare for the poor with government intervention in our liberties...we prefer the first.

You may not complain, but many do.

Old, really? The insurance companies will do ANYTHING to dig through your past and find some way that they can avoid paying your claim. They have people whose job this is specifically. Are you really this stupid?

Health Insurance Companies - Their Abuse And Tricks, Part One

My brother had his tonsils taken out because they were infected and ready to burst (like most people who have their tonsils out). They were so swollen he couldn't breathe. You do not have the faintest idea of what you are talking about.

You just dont get iot.

Obama siad ON TV that pediatiricans make more if they take tronsils out...so they are more apt to do it.

Truth is, pediatiricians will make less if the tonsils are removes as only SURGEONS make money when they are taken out...and the pediatrician loses the frquent visitor of a kid with frequent sore throats.

And surgeons do not decide if tonils should come out...pediatricians do..and surgeons confirm.

Secondly....the man with cancer....he was originally denied treatment as it was thought that he LIED about his health condition when he signed for the insurance. It was found that he did not lie...he simply did not know...so they treated him....AND STARTED TREATING HIM immediately AS THEY INVESTIGATED THE VALIDITY OF HIS AFFIDAVIT...

He then survived cancer...and died years later of a non related ailment.

Now that being said...why was that the ONLY example that Obama could use...and one that he had to spin to support his argument?

You are a victim of hyperbole......a victim of spin....a victim of an agenda to take over healthcare....

But please....rant on about something you know nothing about.

Yes we do.

You may not complain, but many do.

Do they?
Really?
Please show me any legislation that has been proposed over the last 20 years to reverse it to appease ALL THOSE that complain.

That is just an assumption on your part. Sure, we all complain about costs...but then we weigh the pros and cons and accept them.

For me..and for most conservatives...I would rather spend the money on the ER than have government FORCE ANYONE....even the poor...to buy someth8ing they dont want to buy. It will be a first...and a dangerous step......

And as for Peepers comment about how we look at those folks in the ER? I have been to the ER several times with two HS athlete boys....and trust me...I have never ONCE looked at anyone in that ER and questioned whether they were poor or not....who the fuck cares...I sat there and waited my turn like everyone else....not caring who was free who had insurance...

Way too much speculation and assumption out there......

But we're paying much, much more than we wiould had this person been able to go to a regular doctor before becoming gravely ill and haveing to go to the ER. Why is this ok with you... and what liberties are you giving up? The right to sneer at people at the ER since they don't have insurance or money to go to a primary physician?

Sneer at people?

Your view of me is sickening......disgraceful.

Who taught you this stuff about me peepers? Do I truly come across as one that does not care about people? Did I not take time out of my day to offer you good sound advice as to one way to better your situation?

DO you realize how your ideology has you believing things that may not be true?

Sneer at people? Go fuck yourself....never ONCE made a judegement call on a person based on his wealth...NEVER IN MY LIFE.

Hell...I hired a young man fresh out of jail to give him a second chance.......SNEER AT PEOPLE....??????????

Peepers....get the fuck out of my face. You and your assumptions make me sick.

Last edited:
and yes I'm virtually uninsurable now, thank god I could get under my wifes plan
Then what is your complaint? You're covered and you would still be treated if you showed up uninsured at the hospital with a heart attack.

if uninsured, preventive care is impossible for anything beyond a cold unless you are rich (in which case you would have health insurance)
Preventative care didn't help Vice President Cheney - he still had the heart attack. Your argument carries no weight.

Then what is your complaint? You're covered and you would still be treated if you showed up uninsured at the hospital with a heart attack.

if uninsured, preventive care is impossible for anything beyond a cold unless you are rich (in which case you would have health insurance)
Preventative care didn't help Vice President Cheney - he still had the heart attack. Your argument carries no weight.

so perhaps god is punishing him?

Yeah and when that 500K bill comes, you lose your house! Awesome!
You can't lose your house in a bankruptcy. That's a bullshit argument put forth by people who want to spend their money on illegal drugs rather than catastrophic health insurance. Health insurance can be affordable if you avoid the insurance that will pay for a doctor to clip your toenails.

You can't lose your house in a bankruptcy. That's a bullshit argument put forth by people who want to spend their money on illegal drugs rather than catastrophic health insurance. Health insurance can be affordable if you avoid the insurance that will pay for a doctor to clip your toenails.

If you use the ER and can not afford to pay the bill, you are not dunned for the money and your credit is not hit. It is a service to the American people by the American people..it is the American people that can afford to, giving back to Amserica.

We do not need government to make mandates for the American people to help American people.

Ironically...they argue about the cost oif the ER tot he American people as the reason for the mandate.....but we have been fine with the cost f the ER......and that part works...so why fix it?

Cost reform? Sure......that would be nice....and tort reform and increasing competiton will help control costs.......but to mandate? Take away freedsom of choice? Why?

Cheney, a great consevative with strong family Christian values is being rewarded by god for doing a great job for his United States service to his country protecting it and setting free oppressed people in Iraq and Kuwait. He was a great Vice President. I was proud to have him as my Sec of Defense. May he live long and prosper.
Should we care to believe this, then certainly you would agree that the obverse is true: that someone who did not do a great job for service to the United States would be punished by God.

Do you believe that? Would you agree with say...Pat Robertson that God punishes people, even states based on politics rather than sin?

If you use the ER and can not afford to pay the bill, you are not dunned for the money and your credit is not hit. It is a service to the American people by the American people..it is the American people that can afford to, giving back to Amserica.

We do not need government to make mandates for the American people to help American people.

Ironically...they argue about the cost oif the ER tot he American people as the reason for the mandate.....but we have been fine with the cost f the ER......and that part works...so why fix it?

Cost reform? Sure......that would be nice....and tort reform and increasing competiton will help control costs.......but to mandate? Take away freedsom of choice? Why?

Thank you OldandTired for blowing Mr Peepers's argument out of the water. I'd give you some of my measly REPs, but I need to spread them around a bit more according to the forum rules.

Cheney_and_Bush_Borg.jpg

Forum List

Back