Nobel Prize! For what?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Rambunctious, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Rambunctious

Rambunctious Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,953
    Al Gore and the Truth, or Lack of It

For all of you who cry "foul" whenever someone brings up the subject of liberal media bias, I would like to bring up a couple of scenarios.
    Now suppose Dick Cheney was the one who made the movie "An Inconvenient Truth" making dire predictions about icebergs melting and polar bears becoming extinct and the planet warming to the extent that certain areas would be unable to support agriculture in a few short decades, New York being under water and all manner of dire, unfounded prophecies.

And let's just suppose that Cheney tried to sell us carbon credits to offset our excessive use of energy when his own carbon footprint was wide enough to operate a small town, while he flies around on a private jet and rides in chauffer driven cars while telling the rest of us we should all but revert to the horse and buggy days. Oh, and by the way, the horses are not allowed to emit flatulence.

And suppose we had a winter of record low temperatures and the biggest snowfalls on record.

Now just what do you think the New York Times would be saying about Cheney's global warming theory.

And by the way where is Al Gore? Shouldn't this be the time when him and his band of green fanatics and scientists come out from under their rocks and tell us what's happening?

If there really is anything at all to the global warming hoax, wouldn't now be the time to explain to us peons what all this cold and white stuff is?
    Now we're reading that the record cold and snowfall is being caused by none other than global warming.

I don't claim to be a genius but will somebody please explain to me how the warming of the Earth causes cold weather?

If you will look back at the history of the global warming fanatics you will find that since the early 1900s they have vacillated between global warming and global ice ages.

Now you can't have it both ways. Either the Earth is going to burn up or it is going to freeze over, but these people go back and forth using whichever tactic they can scare the most people with.

People let's be rational, there are many diverse, clear and present catastrophic dangers to Planet Earth but global warming is not one of them any more than global freezing is.

The global warming hoax is nothing more than an international effort to control every facet of human life on Planet Earth.
    I'm a lot more worried about the nuclear bomb Iran is developing.

I'm much more anxious about having an Attorney General dumb enough to try Islamic terrorists in New York City.

I'm much more worried about the insupportable national debt Obama and the spend-drunk Congress are running up.

I'm more worried about how an early withdrawal from Iraq and Afghanistan will play out.

I'm much more concerned about the terrorist training camps right here in the homeland.

I am more worried about a Director of Homeland Security who thinks she's dealing with "man caused disasters".

I'm a lot more concerned about the well-equipped army the drug cartels are assembling in Mexico.

America if you're going to worry about something, pick something worthy of your anxiety and leave Al Gore and his band of alarmists to freeze or roast or whatever they're doing this week.

Even if common citizens would abide by all the rules laid down by crooks who are trying to force the rigid global warming lifestyle on us, the elite -like Al Gore- would still not give up their private airplanes, their limousines and the lavish and energy gobbling lifestyles they live.
    This is a "Do as I say, not as I do" philosophy" and is nothing more than a planetary power grab.

It's a bunch of junk, folks. Don't give an inch.

What do you think?

Pray for our troops, and for our country.

God Bless America

Charlie Daniels ©Copyright The Charlie Daniels Band

Last edited: Feb 23, 2010
  2. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,311
    Dick Cheney did worse..

He made up a story about WMDs, about how the US would be treated as liberators in Iraq, about how the insurgency was in its last throes, about how torture is acceptable if it works

3. MajikMyst

MajikMyst Honorary Non-member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +83
    Yasser Arafat got a nobel prize..

Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
  4. LibocalypseNow

LibocalypseNow Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,357
    The Nobel "Peace" Prize is handed out by Leftist Nutters so it's not very surprising that only fellow Leftist Nutters receive the prize. It really has lost all of its credibility at this point. How could Al Bore and Barack Obama receive a "Peace" prize? That's beyond stupid. That's just plain bizarre.

5. theDoctorisIn

theDoctorisIn Senior Mod Staff Member Senior USMB Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,919
    Because we all know how liberal Henry Kissenger is, right?

The Nobel Prize has been a joke since it was formed, by a man who invented dynamite, and killed his two brothers in the process.

6. Oldandtired

Oldandtired BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +349
    Hmmmm...he made up that WMD thing.....

So please tell me...how did he get the other intelligence agencies of OTHER COUNTIRES make that stuff up for him as well?

Just curious....please tell me.

7. LibocalypseNow

LibocalypseNow Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,357
    The Nobel Peace Prize has sadly gone the way of the UN at this point. Just a bunch of silly Leftist Nutters trying to force their warped agendas on everyone. Both have very little credibility left with most common sense thinking people.

8. frazzledgear

frazzledgear Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +541
    I'm not interested in spending a lot of time arguing that bullshit again with the mindless, irrational left when the UNs own FINAL report in 1997 said inspectors estimated only 1/4 of his WMD stockpiles had been discovered and destroyed. Yeah right ONLY in liberal la-la land would the guy who spent a fortune and decades making WMD, then spent years trying to hide them from UN inspectors so he could KEEP THEM -then kick out UN inspectors and THEN turn around and destroy them all ONLY when no one was looking? But then could not provide a single document or even a single witness to that destruction? ROFLMAO Get real.

Bush gave more than 10 justifications for the Iraq war when he spoke before Congress. The fact Saddam had WMD wasn't one of them. THAT is the liberal fabrication. That he had WMD was a longstanding given by every intelligence agency and nation in the world -after all, he USED them. That he might use them AGAIN was given as a reason but not that he had them. Several countries have WMD we wish didn't but no one has suggested going to war with them over it. If waterboarding is "torture" then why did those trained to carry it out have to first endure it themselves. You mean its only "torture" if done to someone other than an AMERICAN? And only THREE people were ever waterboarded. You should research on how long any of these three were waterboarded before agreeing to talk -because we are talking about MERE MINUTES. NOT waterboarded for "confessions" which would truly be pointless and only a vengeful act - but for information -information which was verified to be true and prevented other attacks. Maybe the life of YOUR child isn't worth a few minutes of temporary discomfort of a man who would gladly see your kid gutted like a fish -but it sure as hell is worth the life of MINE. "Torture" as defined by the Geneva Conventions is an act that places the life or limb of an individual in JEOPARDY. Waterboarding doesn't do that -which is why it is and has been employed in OTHER Geneva Convention signatory nations as well. Our Constitution is NOT a suicide pact where Americans are all supposed to pretend the COMFORT of that one individual is more valuable than thousands of LIVES. It is a fact that waterboarding saved hundreds, if not thousands of lives. Which is why Obama REFUSED to release the full information about what resulted from the waterboarding of these THREE PEOPLE.

They weren't mollycoddled, read their rights, given a lawyer and then offered a PLEA deal months and years later in exchange for outdated information that was of no benefit any longer and after people have been killed.

Even if you really believe Cheney KNOWINGLY lied about these things -then you must believe it justifies a liberal engaging in bad acts as well, right? Otherwise why would you refuse to even comment on the reality here. Al Gore is still a major participant in THE largest global conspiracy in history -one intended to result in THE most massive transfer of wealth away from those who created and earned it to those who didn't. All while he was actively deceiving the American people he also personally positioned himself to make BILLIONS from this conspiracy -but only if this conspiracy stays on track.

In spite of being accused of trying to help Halliburton make money off the war, keep in mind Cheney made no personal profit from it and never attempted to try and do so. (To say nothing of the idiotic belief that anyone with a brain would try and help a company they once worked for but no longer had any financial ties whatsoever and whose only received monies were the exact amount called for in his contract and that had been paid out in full even before he ran for VP -yet go ahead and CORRUPTLY help that company make money when there wasn't a darn thing in it for him except to be falsely accused of doing so anyway! Maybe that works in liberal la-la land but not here in reality. Say what you want about Cheney, he isn't stupid.)

The same cannot be said of Gore though. He went out of his way to make sure he stood to benefit from the global warming hoax -and not just benefit a little bit. He still stands to PERSONALLY make BILLIONS from the global warming hoax -which is why he just keeps on pretending this hoax hasn't been exposed or that revelations of manipulated and falsified data by these "top scientists" keep coming to light over and over again. While he continues claiming the science is "settled" the scope of this massive hoax revealed is now suspected to be just the tip of the iceberg. To ANYONE with any intelligence that means everything out of his mouth about global warming is immediately suspect. So NO SURPRISE then when it turns out that what comes out of Gore's mouth is far more likely to be a PROVEN LIE (and not just blind accusations) than the truth. And not just lying when he's talking about global warming. The guy is known to tell his most hysteric, egregious and outrageous lies when he stands to PERSONALLY BENEFIT -either in his career, socially or as in this case, make MASSIVE financial gains. When Gore speaks on ANY subject I assume its a lie -and I'm nearly always right.

Even if you think Cheney KNOWINGLY lied (yet failing to explain how he could possibly know more than the intelligence agencies who gave Bush/Cheney their information about Saddam in the first place) - he was acting to protect this country. Gore continues to lie so he can make a personal FORTUNE at the expense of our entire economy, knowing full well that our nation will suffer such economic damage it may never recover in our lifetime. He LIES and he knowingly LIES because he will be just fine and dandy as one of the world's few BILLIONAIRES and he will and has continued to LIE even after being caught in those lies time and again -because he will never let go of his last chance at being a billionaire. The man is a filthy, corrupt liar who lies for PERSONAL GAIN.

So leave it to a stupid LIBERAL to insist Cheney committed the greater sin here. Excuse me while I vomit.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. Tom Clancy

Tom Clancy Clancy for Ron Paul

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +585
    Global Warming /Climate Change is the new Religion.

10. Big Black Dog

Big Black Dog Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,702
    The Nobel Peace Prize Committee hands out these awards to the people who would prove to the world that they have a sense of humor. It's a good time Charlie kind of organization.