Dick Cheney Survives Fifth Heart Attack, not rare cardiologists say

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
I'm guessing they haven't found all of his horcruxes yet. :eusa_think:

Seriously though, this article is legitimate and raises a interesting point about where medical science has taken us.

Medicine and 'luck' on multiple heart attack survivors' side - CNN.com

"It's something we see often enough that we're not surprised about it," said Dr. Cam Patterson, chief of cardiology at the University of North Carolina School of Medicine, who is not involved in Cheney's care. "But it's also an indication that somebody has some luck on their side."
More patients are surviving multiple heart attacks because of procedures and drugs, Patterson said.

"We have patients who are taken to the [cardiac catheterization labs] to have blocked arteries opened up," he said. "We have stents to keep blocked arteries opened and high-potency drugs like statins that protect against risk factors that make heart disease progress rapidly."

Although these options help heart disease patients, they may not prevent another heart attack. Patients who've suffered a heart attack usually have more blockages in other vessels that weren't problematic earlier. But over time, the blockage builds and could cause future heart attacks, doctors said.

Cheney is expected to be discharged from the hospital in the next day or two, according to his office.

This month, former President Clinton was also hospitalized briefly because of a heart problem. Clinton received two stents to restore blood flow to a coronary artery after doctors discovered blockage.

The two have heart disease. This condition is the leading cause of death in the United States; more than 630,000 people die each year from it, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Thoughts USMB?

Last edited:
Most Americans would be dead by now. Their health care would have been cut, or unaffordable or they wouldn't have health care in the first place.

Republicans could have worked on health care for all Americans when they held both houses and the presidency, but considering their hard work in blocking health care for people who need it during this administration, it's obvious what their attitude is towards everyone not in the top 5%.

They expect to get swept into office and at the same time, show contempt for the average American. I don't really understand that. I wish they would explain it. Instead, they will call names, shout, and "deny". And yet, the "truth" is right there.

I'm 59 and have had 3 , the first was when I was 38! Usually at that age you just drop dead, but if you survive your odds of survival on the next one actually improves over those who have them later in life

Most Americans would be dead by now. Their health care would have been cut, or unaffordable or they wouldn't have health care in the first place.

Republicans could have worked on health care for all Americans when they held both houses and the presidency, but considering their hard work in blocking health care for people who need it during this administration, it's obvious what their attitude is towards everyone not in the top 5%.

They expect to get swept into office and at the same time, show contempt for the average American. I don't really understand that. I wish they would explain it. Instead, they will call names, shout, and "deny". And yet, the "truth" is right there.

That damn government run heathcare!!!!

I'm 59 and have had 3 , the first was when I was 38! Usually at that age you just drop dead, but if you survive your odds of survival on the next one actually improves over those who have them later in life

oops (and not about your post; but one of mine)

Last edited:
sanford_heartattacks.jpg

IT'S THE BIG ONE!!

Cheney, a great consevative with strong family Christian values is being rewarded by god for doing a great job for his United States service to his country protecting it and setting free oppressed people in Iraq and Kuwait. He was a great Vice President. I was proud to have him as my Sec of Defense. May he live long and prosper.

private all my life ,self employed still but no way could I afford it now, my wife works for a larger company and she could pick it up for a good sum , but still much better than I could do now

Cheney, a great consevative with strong family Christian values is being rewarded by god for doing a great job for his United States service to his country protecting it and setting free oppressed people in Iraq and Kuwait. He was a great Vice President. I was proud to have him as my Sec of Defense. May he live long and prosper.

Uh, what service? The guy skirted the draft five times.

I don't want to anyone die, even Dickless Cheney, but I won't lose any sleep nor shed a tear when that corrupt cowardly POS finally does buy the farm! They are already warming up his special corner in hell as we speak

You sure he is not being punished by Gawd?
Many life to his age without a single heart attack.

I don't want to anyone die, even Dickless Cheney, but I won't lose any sleep nor shed a tear when that corrupt cowardly POS finally does buy the farm! They are already warming up his special corner in hell as we speak

Don't be too surprised if he isnt waiting when you get there.

New Topics

Forum List

Back