But should it be law?

☭proletarian☭;2038369 said:
Let us grant for the sake of argument that couples (as a rule) are more suited than singles for adopting and caring for children.

Should it be law? Or should it simply be taken into consideration by the adoption agency/agent?

Ariz. House backs married preference on adoptions

Not law, but certainly taken into consideration. I think we can all agree that children need a good mother and father. However, that's not always possible and I believe it's better for a child to have at least one parent than moving from foster home to foster home.

That said, it's better to adopt overseas. It's quicker, cheaper and you don't have to worry about a judge giving the child back to their crack-head mom 3 years after she's 'cleaned-up' her act.

Well, I can speak of this one from personal experience.

I was adopted by a single mother - something nearly impossible in 1981 - and raised by her, until she met and married my dad when I was about 3. My parents then got divorced when I was 19.

My mother by herself did a fantastic job of raising me. Me and my father were never close until very recently - he had a child from a previous marriage, then my little brother right after they married - so I was always more influenced by my mother growing up than my father.

Now, I have a fantastic relationship with my father, and a still fantastic yet more strained relationship with my mother. I am living proof that single-parent adoptions can work very well.

Social conservatives championed the bill, saying a preference for married couples would help create an optimal home environment for children.

I have a feeling this has more to do with Gay couples than single people. However, single people get caught in the crossfire of the war by religious wingnuts. This should not be a law.

If a single parent can provide a loving and caring home just as good as any married couple, then they should be allowed that opportunity.

Let us grant for the sake of argument that couples (as a rule) are more suited than singles for adopting and caring for children.

Should it be law? Or should it simply be taken into consideration by the adoption agency/agent?

Yes it should be law. It takes two people to have a kid and it take two to raise them. Two parents are always better than one, even if the parents are of the same sex, according to studies. We live in a society of stupid people that seem to need laws.

In our state it's illegal to talk on the cell phone while driving unless you have a hands free device. They neglected to mention "texting" in that bill and now they are talking about making another law. What kind of stupid person "texts" while driving?

Our country is full of stupid people and apparently we need laws to protect the rest of us.

Social conservatives championed the bill, saying a preference for married couples would help create an optimal home environment for children.

I have a feeling this has more to do with Gay couples than single people. However, single people get caught in the crossfire of the war by religious wingnuts. This should not be a law.

If a single parent can provide a loving and caring home just as good as any married couple, then they should be allowed that opportunity.

No, they cannot. Married people can spell each other when things get rough. When a single person gets sick, who takes care of the child? Children raised by two parents do better on every measurable level than children raised by single parents. Therefore this is the way it should go...First married couples...a male and female role model are best. Second, gay couples, absent the two different sexes, two people are still better than one. Third, single people, a single parent is better than no parent.

It takes two people to have a kid and it take two to raise them.

Lots of people are raised quite well by dedicated single parents.
Two parents are always better than one
That depend on the parents in question.

We live in a society of stupid people that seem to need laws.

Like the law in question? If two aprents are always better, then shouldn't we trust adoption agencies to weigh that when considering potential adoptive parents?

I believe that adoption agencies are private institutions and being a part of society should be able to decide what rules they operate by.

Yes it should be law. It takes two people to have a kid and it take two to raise them. Two parents are always better than one, even if the parents are of the same sex, according to studies. We live in a society of stupid people that seem to need laws.

In our state it's illegal to talk on the cell phone while driving unless you have a hands free device. They neglected to mention "texting" in that bill and now they are talking about making another law. What kind of stupid person "texts" while driving?

Our country is full of stupid people and apparently we need laws to protect the rest of us.

Tell that to children who are being physically or sexually abused by one or both parents.

With the divorce rate the way it is.. The number of mothers that use their children as pawns to get back at their husbands for child support.. There is nothing that hetro couples have done to say they are an advantage to children.. I would say they are better off with gay couples.. Their divorce rate is much lower, and all children really need is stability.. Two parents that love them and care for them.. That is all that really matters..

It should not be law, both should have equal chance to adopt or get custody.. Anything that gets the children stability..

The same kind of person that eats breakfast in the car.. Or puts makeup on.. Or changes their clothes.. I take it you have never seen morning rush hour in a big city?? Texting is nothing.. I saw one lady driving while curling her hair with a curling iron.. I mean really?? :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back