Dershowitz: Drop George Zimmerman’s murder charge

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
From the Libtard NY Daily News:
Drop George Zimmerman

A medical report by George Zimmerman’s doctor has disclosed that Zimmerman had a fractured nose, two black eyes, two lacerations on the back of his head and a back injury on the day after the fatal shooting. If this evidence turns out to be valid, the prosecutor will have no choice but to drop the second-degree murder charge against Zimmerman — if she wants to act ethically, lawfully and professionally.

There is, of course, no assurance that the special prosecutor handling the case, State Attorney Angela Corey, will do the right thing. Because until now, her actions have been anything but ethical, lawful and professional.

She was aware when she submitted an affidavit that it did not contain the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. She deliberately withheld evidence that supported Zimmerman’s claim of self-defense. The New York Times has reported that the police had “a full face picture” of Zimmerman, before paramedics treated him, that showed “a bloodied nose.” The prosecutor also had photographic evidence of bruises to the back of his head.

The 'Justus' Department is going to make sure GZ fries one way or another.

After viewing the pictures that were recently released, I have ZERO idea why Angela Corey would have sought Murder Two charges against Zimmerman because she doesn't have a prayer of getting a conviction on them.

To be quite blunt...the evidence now being released totally substantiates Zimmerman's statements given about what happened that night and paints Trayvon Martin not as the "innocent victim" he's been made out to be by much of the main stream media but as someone who responded to questions with fisticuffs.

Douchewitz has no say in what happens to George Zimmerman

Mr. Dershowitz certainly has no official say, one way or the other.

But what he's SAYING has merit in its own right.

And even though Mr. Dershowitz has no official say, the LAW does and the Judge will.

The special prosecutor might very well find herself on the wrong end of a judicial microscope in all of this if she doesn't make sure her conduct AS a prosecutor rises up to the level expected by the LAW. If she continues (as it appears so far that she's been doing) to worry more about the public reaction or what the press might say, she could end up being properly subject to sanction.

Apparently from Newsbusters there's a report that Trayvon was involved in an underground fight club.

As time goes on, the hastily constructed second-degree murder case against George Zimmerman in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin is continuing to collapse as more evidence formerly known only by the prosecution is released to the public.

The first is that Martin seems to have been less interested in running away from Zimmerman and more in bashing him, according to a witness interviewed by police within minutes of the shooting. But that's not all:

Jim Hoft at Gateway Pundit relates the discovery of video from Trayvon Martin’s YouTube account, removed at some point during the last month, that shows he was actually involved in some sort of underground “fight club.”

Read more: Open Thread: The Continued Collapse of the George Zimmerman Case | NewsBusters.org

This is really disturbing. The Prosecution surely knew this was all going to come out and make her look like a fool.

This part kills me.

Despite the prosecution’s awareness of the autopsy reports and eyewitness testimony, they included none of it in their affidavit against Zimmerman.

And even though Mr. Dershowitz has no official say, the LAW does and the Judge will.

The special prosecutor might very well find herself on the wrong end of a judicial microscope in all of this if she doesn't make sure her conduct AS a prosecutor rises up to the level expected by the LAW. If she continues (as it appears so far that she's been doing) to worry more about the public reaction or what the press might say, she could end up being properly subject to sanction.

He has an opinion based on what may or may not be facts.

Last edited:
The Daily Caller lays out the time line from the tape. And according to those that can hear it, they are concluding that Zimmerman complied with the dispatchers request.

All the new buzzwords like "stalking" Trayvon, "hunting" Trayvon are out there and there is no proof whatsoever that Zimmerman hunted Trayvon.

Great wrap up at the DC:

The point is this: With no witnesses stating that Zimmerman defied the dispatcher’s wishes and continued following Martin and no evidence to suggest he did, how did the idea that he pursued Martin after the dispatcher told him not to become a universally recognized, undisputed fact?

And here's the transcript of the 911 call:

From the call released by the Sanford Police:

At 2:07, Zimmerman tells the dispatcher, “He’s running.”

At 2:09, you can hear a car door open and an alarm begins that is undoubtedly the “door open, keys in ignition” warning on Zimmerman’s truck.

At 2:13, you can clearly hear the car door slamming shut, and the alarm stops.

At 2:17, Zimmerman’s voice wobbles and he starts breathing heavily into the phone, indicating that he has started running.

At 2:22, without any prompting other than the aforementioned noises and breathing, the dispatcher asks “Are you following him?” to which Zimmerman responds, “Yeah.”

At 2:26, the dispatcher says, “Okay, we don’t need you to do that,” to which Zimmerman responds, “Okay.”

Zimmerman proceeds to give the dispatcher his name. Then he says, “He ran.”

Zimmerman can still be heard breathing into the phone until about 2:39, at which point the heavy breathing stops entirely, a mere 13 seconds after the dispatcher asked him to stop following. A very calm and collected Zimmerman then proceeds to give the dispatcher his own information, directions and a description of his location for another 1 minute and 33 seconds.

Read more: 911 call shows Zimmerman stopped following Martin after dispatcher

Last edited:
Does a Florida prosecutor actually have any ethical or legal responsibility to include potentially exculpatory facts in an affidavit? Dershowitz goes so far as to call the affidavit criminal and perjurious (Dershowitz: Prosecutor in Trayvon Martin case overreached with murder charge | Fox News). I rather doubt that, since I can't imagine why a non-insane prosecutor would so publicly and clearly commit perjury (and anyway so far as I know omissions rather than false statements aren't perjury).

The Prosecutor has handed photos taken the night of the incident, clearly showing his injuries.

article-2146070-13263D1B000005DC-565_634x477.jpg

article-2146070-1326528C000005DC-739_634x586.jpg

Does a Florida prosecutor actually have any ethical or legal responsibility to include potentially exculpatory facts in an affidavit? Dershowitz goes so far as to call the affidavit criminal and perjurious (Dershowitz: Prosecutor in Trayvon Martin case overreached with murder charge | Fox News). I rather doubt that, since I can't imagine why a non-insane prosecutor would so publicly and clearly commit perjury (and anyway so far as I know omissions rather than false statements aren't perjury).

I was wondering about that as well. This case is getting more and more bizarre, and one would think that the Prosecutor would be extra extra careful to dot her i's and cross her t's,

The Prosecutor has handed photos taken the night of the incident, clearly showing his injuries.

article-2146070-13263D1B000005DC-565_634x477.jpg

article-2146070-1326528C000005DC-739_634x586.jpg

Those pics look like they were taken in the doctors office the day after. I'm sure they will be compared to the video of him arriving at the police station.

Aye carumba! I didn't up the link to the daily mail uk. I should have. The photos are clearly identified as being taken on the night of the shooting.

Trayvon Martin killing: Teenager had drugs in his system autopsy finds | Mail Online

Unfortunately, you are right, but he does have a 'say' in jurisprudence as he is one of the most highly recognised legal scholars in the fricking country, Einstien.

He has an opinion based on what he on what may or may not be partial facts.

First off, try to form actual English sentences. This provides a clue as to whatever it is you think you are trying to share.

Secondly, OF COURSE what he is saying is based on partial facts. So is what EVERYBODY else is saying.

But those partial facts DO INCLUDE what we know the prosecutor knew at the time she CHOSE to file charges, and what we know she chose not to include in her decision to file those charges.

He has an opinion based on what he on what may or may not be partial facts.

First off, try to form actual English sentences. This provides a clue as to whatever it is you think you are trying to share.

Secondly, OF COURSE what he is saying is based on partial facts. So is what EVERYBODY else is saying.

But those partial facts DO INCLUDE what we know the prosecutor knew at the time she CHOSE to file charges, and what we know she chose not to include in her decision to file those charges.

He is whining that a LAW professor may not know the facts and have an erroneous opinion not based in fact, YET he has an opinion based on even less then the Law Professor has access to and states his OPINION has fact over and over on this board. As does Peach and a host of others.

He is whining that a LAW professor may not know the facts and have an erroneous opinion not based in fact, YET he has an opinion based on even less then the Law Professor has access to and states his OPINION has fact over and over on this board. As does Peach and a host of others.

If you want to argue that you're a fucking idiot, fine. I believe you, you're a fucking idiot. We know enough facts that show Zimmerman is innocent, beyond a reasonable doubt. Anyone who isn't an idiot knows beyond a reasonable doubt that the Prosecution doesn't have some trump card that will paint a new picture.

The Prosecution's whole strategy will center around trying to make the Jury doubt Zimmerman's credibility. "Mr. Zimmerman's drivers licence says he's 5'9, but he's really only 5'8. He's a liar!" "Three weeks after the the shooting, he called Al Sharpton the n-word for rallying the black community against him. I rest my case."

If you want to argue that you're a fucking idiot, fine. I believe you, you're a fucking idiot. We know enough facts that show Zimmerman is innocent, beyond a reasonable doubt. Anyone who isn't an idiot knows beyond a reasonable doubt that the Prosecution doesn't have some trump card that will paint a new picture.

The Prosecution's whole strategy will center around trying to make the Jury doubt Zimmerman's credibility. "Mr. Zimmerman's drivers licence says he's 5'9, but he's really only 5'8. He's a liar!" "Three weeks after the the shooting, he called Al Sharpton the n-word for rallying the black community against him. I rest my case."

I attacked the idiot claiming the professor was wrong. You may want to actually read what you are responding to.

I attacked the idiot claiming the professor was wrong. You may want to actually read what you are responding to.

I AM SO SORRY! I thought you said it was the law professor who was whinny.

What's this weird feeling?... Is.... is this what it feels like to make a mistake?

Forum List

Back