Democrat Keen Wins State House Wins State House Special Election Over GOP's Booth.

Diamond Member
Nov 8, 2022
My Happyi Place
In a race seen as a bellwether for Democratic chances in November, Democrat Tom Keen flipped what had been a Republican state House seat in Central Florida in a special election held Tuesday.

Keen, a Navy flight officer who works in the aerospace training and simulation industry, defeated Republican Erika Booth, a teacher and member of the Osceola School Board. Unofficial totals for the District 35 seat had Keen with 51.3% of the vote to Booth’s 48.7%.

A huge THANK YOU to all our supporters, volunteers, and voters who believed in our vision for a better, brighter District 35,” Keen wrote on social media. “Your dedication, hard work, and votes have brought us to this incredible moment.”

Interesting. Not sure I’d put Florida in the purple state ring just yet but ya never know.

They wanted DiSantis and that ain’t happening

Last edited:
In a race seen as a bellwether for Democratic chances in November, Democrat Tom Keen flipped what had been a Republican state House seat in Central Florida in a special election held Tuesday.

Keen, a Navy flight officer who works in the aerospace training and simulation industry, defeated Republican Erika Booth, a teacher and member of the Osceola School Board. Unofficial totals for the District 35 seat had Keen with 51.3% of the vote to Booth’s 48.7%.

A huge THANK YOU to all our supporters, volunteers, and voters who believed in our vision for a better, brighter District 35,” Keen wrote on social media. “Your dedication, hard work, and votes have brought us to this incredible moment.”
That's awesome. I heard some of the commercials when I was in Florida on my honeymoon, and the right wing commercials were nasty.

Kind of good that common sense prevailed.

Great news! Things are looking better for Democrats!

Democrats are winning all the elections.

Unfortunately, he is pro-abortion. I hope he will be a common-sense legislator and not follow the whims of the fringe. I believe Erika Booth would have done well but having her husband as county commissioner may have been a negative to the voters.

Unfortunately, he is pro-abortion. I hope he will be a common-sense legislator and not follow the whims of the fringe. I believe Erika Booth would have done well but having her husband as county commissioner may have been a negative to the voters.

If a woman doesn't want to be pregnant, she'll find a way to not be pregnant.

Women could safely ignore the anti-abortion nutters when Roe was in place, now they know they no longer have that option.

You guys do not need bellwethers to win. Biden had one out of 19 bellwether counties.

Odd district.

As of the Dec. 18 registration deadline to vote in this race, the 37,389 registered Democrats barely outnumber 37,155 registered Republicans. Voters with no party affiliation outnumber both groups, with 37,786 registered ...

In that district the indies made the difference.

Forum List

Back