Definitive Proof that GOD Exists?

I just tend to use logic, a little faith, and science.

everything is in motion.

we also know that an object will either stay in motion, or stay at rest.

At the very beginning of time and space....there was nothing. No motion at all.

Then in an instant................................

What does all this prove?

There wasn't nothing. There was "stuff" floating around and it all came together into a really tight ball and then BANG. At least that is the theory. And I remember reading how theists didn't like the big bang theory at first because Stephen Hawkins said something like it proved that there was a time when the big bang happened. So what was happening the billions of years before the big bang? Theists said the universe was always here. Because of the big bang we know that not to be true.

Lets say you are right though. What does any of that prove? The answer is nothing. We don't know. So keep looking. To say "god did it" is not a logical answer that you have proof of, right?
Actually, it doesn't mean any of that. Stuff floating around? Perhaps you didn't understand.

Nothing moves unless it is acted upon by an outside influence. Since we are talking about the Universe, what could possibly be an outside influence?

Have you ever seen the experiment of mouse traps and ping-pong balls?

The theory is called, "First Mover" and philosophers have been puzzling over it for centuries. Some for, some against.

Me, I don't care what they or anyone says. It is logical and scientific.

Something (A deity perhaps?) moved the very first object and set the whole thing in motion. To what purpose is a matter for deep debate and not to be had on this forum.

everything is in motion.

There wasn't nothing. There was "stuff" floating around and it all came together into a really tight ball and then BANG. At least that is the theory. And I remember reading how theists didn't like the big bang theory at first because Stephen Hawkins said something like it proved that there was a time when the big bang happened. So what was happening the billions of years before the big bang? Theists said the universe was always here. Because of the big bang we know that not to be true.

Lets say you are right though. What does any of that prove? The answer is nothing. We don't know. So keep looking. To say "god did it" is not a logical answer that you have proof of, right?
Actually, it doesn't mean any of that. Stuff floating around? Perhaps you didn't understand.

Nothing moves unless it is acted upon by an outside influence. Since we are talking about the Universe, what could possibly be an outside influence?

The theory is called, "First Mover" and philosophers have been puzzling over it for centuries. Some for, some against.

Something (A deity perhaps?) moved the very first object and set the whole thing in motion. To what purpose is a matter for deep debate and not to be had on this forum.

Maybe it all came out of the other end of a black hole. We don't have all the answers yet. Best to say we don't know and to keep looking.

Are you suggesting what you are telling me proves there is a god out there that made us and cares about you and you have a soul that will go to heaven?

Does what you are showing me prove a god(s) exist?

everything is in motion.

Maybe it all came out of the other end of a black hole. We don't have all the answers yet. Best to say we don't know and to keep looking.

Are you suggesting what you are telling me proves there is a god out there that made us and cares about you and you have a soul that will go to heaven?

No. I do subscribe to the first mover theory of creationism and I DO believe in a God.

What I am telling you is some of the thoughts I employ when I ponder the question and why I think that a God exists.

My proof, and yours, will come when your physical life comes to an end.

Proof of god? This should be good... :popcorn:

you did not notice the thread was over a year old and you were the 4,045 th post ?

Boss deserves a medal for longevity and keeping a subject interesting ....

* Billy, I notice the green bar under your name is half used up - what happens when it reaches the other side - seriously does anyone know (what it means) ?

I dunno, but I see that yours is full, I can guess what that means. :D

I have no idea is why I asked - your rating for no. of posts seems higher than most so what is with the green line ?

BillyP: So after 4k posts, what was the best proof of god? Does anyone remember? Anything better than Bossy proclaiming that god is like electricity? Any solid proof? Anything?

... proclaiming that god is like electricity?

that in itself is progress for a rational discussion for life's existence and meaning in an otherwise barren universe.

everything is in motion.

No. I do subscribe to the first mover theory of creationism and I DO believe in a God.

What I am telling you is some of the thoughts I employ when I ponder the question and why I think that a God exists.

My proof, and yours, will come when your physical life comes to an end.

Ok, but just know that all the scientific stuff you ponder and don't know why or how doesn't point to a god that created us. It really doesn't.

You sound like my dad and all other uneducated theists. No offense to him or them but they always say, "how can this have all come from nothing?" or "There has to be a creator". Just realize that this is the real thinking behind god. You guys believe because you can't believe there isn't. That's the best you got.

Ok, but just know that all the scientific stuff you ponder and don't know why or how doesn't point to a god that created us. It really doesn't.

You sound like my dad and all other uneducated theists. No offense to him or them but they always say, "how can this have all come from nothing?" or "There has to be a creator". Just realize that this is the real thinking behind god. You guys believe because you can't believe there isn't. That's the best you got.

This is nothing but YOUR opinion. Not one based on any proof, btw. To assume I know nothing of science is an error on your part, but I don't really think that any amount of discussion would alter your closed mind.

I'm expressing My views, and these are the views by which I try to make sense of life, particularly Mine.

The fact that you bring your Dad into this and disagree with his views leads Me to believe that you're pretty young.

Get back to Me in about 40 years when your son(s) tell you what you believe is just so much bullshit.

Until then, have a nice day.

This is nothing but YOUR opinion. Not one based on any proof, btw. To assume I know nothing of science is an error on your part, but I don't really think that any amount of discussion would alter your closed mind.

I'm expressing My views, and these are the views by which I try to make sense of life, particularly Mine.

The fact that you bring your Dad into this and disagree with his views leads Me to believe that you're pretty young.

Get back to Me in about 40 years when your son(s) tell you what you believe is just so much bullshit.

1. I need to prove your imaginary friend isn't real?
2. i don't think I suggested you know nothing about science. You clearly know more than me. I'm just telling you in advance none of your hypothesis' point to a god. That's probably just wishful thinking. Think about it. Is he hiding from you? If you don't believe the bible stories then god has never talked to anyone. If they lied/made it up, maybe the entire concept is made up. Sure seems that way.
3. I am 43. My dad admits organized religions are all made up but he "just can't believe there is no god". He says the world is too perfect. How did all this happen? There must be a god!!! Sorry dad, there doesn't have to be.

If something HAD TO make us, something HAD TO make god. You can't have that argument both ways. How come god can have no creator but we have to?

Hi @Delta4Embassy
Sorry I am still not used to this new format.
Can I reply this way?

You ask about not assuming spirituality exists without some physical proof so there is common reference.

What about substituting the concept of
* collective truth
* collective or cumulative reality
* collective humanity or society

Do you believe in a "collective" level of things that go beyond just what is in our direct immediate
physical present empirical perception and experience?

Whatever is meant by "spiritual" can be substituted by talking about a "collective level"
And this can vary for different people. But at least it is a common frame of reference.

Are you okay with that? With refering to something on a "collective scale" that relies on faith?

We often hear the God-haters chortle... you don't have definitive proof that god exists, therefore, it must be a fallacy. I have often been puzzled by this argument, because it seems to indicate a complete lack of basic comprehension and logic. Many people certainly DO have definitive proof that god exists, that's why they believe in god. You may not be willing to accept their proof, because it is spiritual and not physical, but that's your problem.

You see, we can't expect a spiritual entity to exist in the physical sense, then it would be a physical entity. By it's very nature, God doesn't have to physically exist to exist as a spirit or energy. So the demands for physical proof of a spiritual entity are devoid of logic to begin with. Does a thought exist? You can't see it, there is no physical proof of it's existence, but does it not still exist? How about an inspiration? How about a dream? How about love?

As you can see, the "existence" of something can be physical or nonphysical, or even spiritual. So in order to evaluate the existence of something spiritual, we have to use spiritual evidence, since physical evidence doesn't logically apply. We don't demand spiritual evidence to prove the physical.... if you demonstrate how rain is caused with physical science, and someone says...well God tells me that rain is His tears... what would you say to that? It's backward, mouth-breathing and knuckle-dragging? Right? Well, that is someone applying spiritual evidence to the physical, and rejecting physical evidence. Yes, it's kind of stupid, isn't it? Just as stupid as demanding physical evidence to support a spiritual entity, and rejecting spiritual evidence.

Now to the "definitive proof" part. Since we have now determined that Spiritual evidence is what is needed to prove God's existence, we take you back 70,000 years or so, to the ancient people of Lake Mungo, one of the oldest human civilizations ever discovered. There, they found evidence of ritual burial using red ochre in ceremony. This is important because it signifies presence of spirituality. We can trace this human connection with spirituality all through mankind's history to present day religions. Mankind has always been spiritually connected to something greater than self. Since our very origins.

Perhaps this is where we can interject some relative physical science, from none other than the father of evolution, Mr. Charles Darwin. In his book, Origin of the Species, Darwin points out that behavioral traits which are inherent in a species, exist for some fundamental reason pertaining to the advancement of the species, otherwise they are discarded over time through natural selection. No species of animal we have ever studied, just does something inherently, with no fundamental reason. Salmon swim upstream for a reason. Dogs wag their tails for a reason. We may not understand the reason, but Darwin tells us, there has to be one.

So there you have it, in just a few short paragraphs. Definitive proof that God exists!

Your arguement is flawed by the beginning of the second graph,

"You see, we can't expect a spiritual entity to exist in the physical sense, then it would be a physical entity."

For a spiritual being to manifest physical reality, it must be likewise have physical substance. Futher, if a spiritual being or realm even exists you'd have to be able to prove that empirically which you didn't.

"Does a thought exist? You can't see it, there is no physical proof of it's existence, but does it not still exist? How about an inspiration? How about a dream? How about love? "

Thoughts exist. They're small electrical impulses we can measure with an electroencephalagraph (EEG.)

Without defining and quantifying a spiritual realm actually exists, 'spiritual evidence' doesn't exist either. Least not in any way so you can boast you have definitive proof of it existing. The Bible or any other book does not prove anything other than someone wrote it. The books "Twilight" and "Harry Potter" for example do not prove vampires or wizards exist. Nor does the Bible prove God exists or people can live to be 900. Remeber many people have since written books utilizing a deity. From the Book of Mormon to Scientology. Is the LDS church right about theirclaims because some book says so? Is the universe in fact trillions instead of billions of years old because Scientology says so?

Dear @sealybobo
1. I agree there does not necessarily NEED to be a God/creator especially if this will always remain faith based and cannot be proven empirically. The most we could attain is everyone assuming believing and agreeing on the same thing, which is still faith based and will only be gotten by free choice and cannot be forced or assumed based on false logic because the human conscience does not work that way.

2. By the same token that all things could just exist without any creator, it could go either way.
So the main thing I see people objecting to is either
* ASSUMING it HAS to be a from a source/creator and REJECTING or insulting/attacking others who don't share this view
* ASSUMING there CANNOT be one because it makes no sense, so rejecting or assuming something is wrong/negative with those who believe there is one

That is usually what causes people to cling to a view or insult/attack others of different approaches.

As long as you stay away from that, there is no issue really. The same ideas and arguments/statements can be expressed and shared WITHOUT depending on either there is or there is not a God/Source.

What messes people up is depending that one person has to be right and another group has to be wrong.

If we stay unconditional we are less likely to make mistakes in judgment/perception and are more open to corrections that we exchange equally. Both views are supposed to be there, so that we balance and check each other. When we get over that, we can better help each other by using our differences as strengths not weaknesses.

1. I need to prove your imaginary friend isn't real?
2. i don't think I suggested you know nothing about science. You clearly know more than me. I'm just telling you in advance none of your hypothesis' point to a god. That's probably just wishful thinking. Think about it. Is he hiding from you? If you don't believe the bible stories then god has never talked to anyone. If they lied/made it up, maybe the entire concept is made up. Sure seems that way.
3. I am 43. My dad admits organized religions are all made up but he "just can't believe there is no god". He says the world is too perfect. How did all this happen? There must be a god!!! Sorry dad, there doesn't have to be.

If something HAD TO make us, something HAD TO make god. You can't have that argument both ways. How come god can have no creator but we have to?

Proof of god? This should be good... :popcorn:

you did not notice the thread was over a year old and you were the 4,045 th post ?

Boss deserves a medal for longevity and keeping a subject interesting ....

* Billy, I notice the green bar under your name is half used up - what happens when it reaches the other side - seriously does anyone know (what it means) ?.

It means the internet finally shits him out with a huge grunt.

well Jim, it looks like yours is a little lit as well ... :eusa_shifty:

Lit, hell yeah, I am sharing the light of TRUTH at every opportunity; glad to help, dude.

everything is in motion.

There wasn't nothing. There was "stuff" floating around and it all came together into a really tight ball and then BANG. At least that is the theory.

No, ignoramus, before the Big Bang there was NOTHING in our universe. Anything prior to the Big Bang is just nonscientific supposition and speculation.

And I remember reading how theists didn't like the big bang theory at first because Stephen Hawkins said something like it proved that there was a time when the big bang happened.

The Big Bang theory was developed by a Catholic priest, you idiot.

So what was happening the billions of years before the big bang? Theists said the universe was always here. Because of the big bang we know that not to be true.

Lol, so now you are just lying. Theists have never claimed that the universe was always just here; that was the atheist claim. Theist have always claimed that the universe had a starting point.

Wjhy do pig-headed atheists like you always lie?

We do know. We know that time and space ant this universe had a start, and whatever started it all was an eternal object, not something that is presently solely within our universe.

Kants dichotomy is false; the spiritual and the material often intersect and the noumenal and phenominal have shared objects.

Didn't know it was a thing, but would say it isn't false. If you can't prove something exists, it doesn't 'intersect' with something you can prove exists.

Kants dichotomy states that the noumenal CANNOT eve be perceived directly. But put this into a dynamic frame of reference and look at how some things can be perceived today that we could not perceive say 500 years ago.

In 1500, before Kant's time, were we to tell a Prussian scientist that there was light that could not be seen he would laugh at you and maybe even suggest you were speaking of 'heavenly light' since it is unseeable light. In Kants day things would not be much better and if you had asked him about this rumored form of light, he might well have said it was noumenal if no one had seen it in two centuries and more.

And yet we now know that there is nothing special or magical about light outside the visible spectrum.

What was unperceivable in Kants time has become seeable in our time through the use of instrumentation.

And thus why there is no valid noumenal category, because for those of faith EVERYTHING in the Heavens and Earth will one day become perceivable. So to accept Kants dichotomy is to tacitly reject a Judeo-Christian view of the cosmos.

everything is in motion.

There wasn't nothing. There was "stuff" floating around and it all came together into a really tight ball and then BANG. At least that is the theory.

No, ignoramus, before the Big Bang there was NOTHING in our universe. Anything prior to the Big Bang is just nonscientific supposition and speculation.

And I remember reading how theists didn't like the big bang theory at first because Stephen Hawkins said something like it proved that there was a time when the big bang happened.

So what was happening the billions of years before the big bang? Theists said the universe was always here. Because of the big bang we know that not to be true.

Lol, so now you are just lying. Theists have never claimed that the universe was always just here; that was the atheist claim. Theist have always claimed that the universe had a starting point.

We do know. We know that time and space ant this universe had a start, and whatever started it all was an eternal object, not something that is presently solely within our universe.

Show me a link that says it was an eternal object and not something that is already presently in our solar system please.

everything is in motion.

Show me a link that says it was an eternal object and not something that is already presently in our solar system please.

Doofus, science cannot prove an eternal object outside our universe. Anything a scientist says about anything prior to the Big Bang is speculation.

Planck epoch - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Doofus, science cannot prove an eternal object outside our universe. Anything a scientist says about anything prior to the Big Bang is speculation.

As I recently pointed out to someone else (whom I'll spare from mentioning again being a dumbass we should pity, not mock) your information is out of date,

Gravitational Waves Reveal the Universe before the Big Bang An Interview with Physicist Gabriele Veneziano Critical Opalescence Scientific American Blog Network

April 2014

Gravitational Waves Reveal the Universe before the Big Bang: An Interview with Physicist Gabriele Veneziano

As I recently pointed out to someone else (whom I'll spare from mentioning again being a dumbass we should pity, not mock) your information is out of date,

Gravitational Waves Reveal the Universe before the Big Bang An Interview with Physicist Gabriele Veneziano Critical Opalescence Scientific American Blog Network

April 2014

Gravitational Waves Reveal the Universe before the Big Bang: An Interview with Physicist Gabriele Veneziano

Meh, they are playing semantic games.

The term “big bang” really refers to the beginning of the universe as we know it—that is, an expanding universe filled with matter that has cooled and coagulated into galaxies. Cosmic inflation, the process the BICEP2 results appear to have vindicated, occurred before the big bang by this definition. The universe during inflation was a deeply alien place, devoid of matter, governed by primeval ur-forces, and thoroughly quantum.

To say that the 'universe as we know it' somehow does not include the Cosmic inflation period is an odd take on 'as we know it'. The universe has gone through changes and will go through more, and nothing about the change in and of itself makes it alien to, before, after or parallel to our universe.

The Big Bang in common parlance is from T0 to the end of the Cosmic inflation, so to say that the Big Bang occurred AFTER the Cosmic inflation is to simply deny what the original theory proposed and described. It is saying that the Big Bang doesn't have a Bang to it at all.

It is semantic bullshit. The Big Bang is from the start of time and the measurable, calculable universe, not some convenient time point for a emo physicist and his opinion.

Last edited:
What is this malarkey about " God haters"? Even the darkest most nihilistic aethishist wants proof of God's existence. But then, there are gullible sheep that drink the kool aid and believe anything. Rape little boys or crash planes into buildings. I don't think there any sides on this issue, either you question things or you are gullible. God help us ALL.

everything is in motion.

When science discovered when the big bang happened, it contradicted religion. I saw the whole story on public tv. Stephen Hawkins that guy in the wheelchair

everything is in motion.

What is your theory about before the big bang? Just curious.

I just remember watching a piece on Stephen Hawking and his theory went against the church's belief and so he said his theory concluded that

Heaven is a ‘fairy story for people afraid of the dark’, Professor Stephen Hawking suggestd yesterday.

As well as saying there is no heaven or afterlife, the renowned scientist said that our brains switch off like ‘broken down computers’ when we die.

His comments upset some religious groups, already angry at his statement last year that the universe was not created by God.

Professor Hawking’s latest remarks came in an interview in which the theoretical physicist told how he had learnt to live in the shadow of death since being diagnosed with motor neurone disease aged 21.

The disease, which is incurable, was expected to kill him within a few years. Instead, he said, it ultimately led him to enjoy life more.

The 69-year-old Cambridge University academic said: ‘I have lived with the prospect of an early death for the last 49 years.

‘I’m not afraid of death, but I’m in no hurry to die. I have so much I want to do first.

‘I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail.

‘There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...y-story-people-afraid-dark.html#ixzz3Bslz2VRo
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Meh, they are playing semantic games.

To say that the 'universe as we know it' somehow does not include the Cosmic inflation period is an odd take on 'as we know it'. The universe has gone through changes and will go through more, and nothing about the change in and of itself makes it alien to, before, after or parallel to our universe.

The Big Bang in common parlance is from T0 to the end of the Cosmic inflation, so to say that the Big Bang occurred AFTER the Cosmic inflation is to simply deny what the original theory proposed and described. It is saying that the Big Bang doesn't have a Bang to it at all.

It is semantic bullshit. The Big Bang is from the start of time and the measurable, calculable universe, not some convenient time point for a emo physicist and his opinion.

With all due respect Jim, I"m gonna take the word of physicists and astronomers employed in those fields over you who only knows whatever he's read on wiki. :)

Forum List

Back