Dear Media - We Don't Care about Khashoggi

Why is the media keeping the Khashoggi story alive?

• They are planning to pin it on Trump criminally - somehow

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • They are so self-centered they (mistakenly) think we care because he was a Wash-Post reporter

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • They are just out of good reasons to criticize Trump

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • To crush the Saudi deal to buy American arms because it was a Trump victory that created jobs

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
Ummmm.... why don't we care about Freedom of the Press again?

Ever read what we call the "Constitution"? Might want to look into its ideals.

Sorry to upset your obsession but not everything is about Rump; some things are bigger. In fact most things are. So you might need to define what "we" means.

As the OP I want to say thanks for the reasoned responses. Personally, for the record, I have both press credentials (have written over 100 articles for FoxNews.com but all on travel) and I am also of Arab heritage ( 50% Christian Lebanese). So, I have an opinion and experience with both freedom of the press and Arab culture. I have traveled to Egypt, Jordan, Turkey and Israel, so I am pretty aware of who our friends are over there - although I never claim to be an expert on the Middle East politics.

My opinion is the so-called "Arab Spring" of the Obama years was one of the most ruthless, immoral lies the American media EVER peddled to the American people. They made it sound like democracy was breaking out like daisies all over the Middle East, when the truth is Muslim fundamentalists like the Muslim Brotherhood were taking over formerly peaceful and America-friendly nations like Egypt and turning them into sharia societal prison - turning back human rights by decades.

This article notes that the Egyptian military and people arrested and eventually imprisoned Morsi (head of the Muslim Brotherhood) for life. The party had been promoting islamic fundamentalism in Egypt for decades (Egyptian Wahhabism is often referred to as the the birth of modern Islamic fundamentalist terrorism) but this crackdown on the Muslim Brotherhood was the worst drubbing they had received in eight decades - peaceful Egyptian citizens were sick of them. So, in other words, the "Arab Spring" that Obama and the American Media were promoting as "wonderful" at the time led to one of the biggest revolutions to rid the Middle East of the kind of leadership Obama originally supported over there.

But did the media ever explain any of that to you? Hell no, of course not. They wanted you to think Obama was the answer to America making friends with the people who want to destroy us. And the liberals lapped up that lie up like a tootsie pop.

Read this and decide for yourself.... Statement by President Barack Obama on Egypt

The White House
Office of the Press Secretary
For Immediate Release
July 03, 2013

Statement by President Barack Obama on Egypt
As I have said since the Egyptian Revolution, the United States supports a set of core principles, including opposition to violence, protection of universal human rights, and reform that meets the legitimate aspirations of the people. The United States does not support particular individuals or political parties, but we are committed to the democratic process and respect for the rule of law. Since the current unrest in Egypt began, we have called on all parties to work together to address the legitimate grievances of the Egyptian people, in accordance with the democratic process, and without recourse to violence or the use of force.

The United States is monitoring the very fluid situation in Egypt, and we believe that ultimately the future of Egypt can only be determined by the Egyptian people. Nevertheless, we are deeply concerned by the decision of the Egyptian Armed Forces to remove President Morsy and suspend the Egyptian constitution. I now call on the Egyptian military to move quickly and responsibly to return full authority back to a democratically elected civilian government as soon as possible through an inclusive and transparent process, and to avoid any arbitrary arrests of President Morsy and his supporters. Given today’s developments, I have also directed the relevant departments and agencies to review the implications under U.S. law for our assistance to the Government of Egypt.

- - - - - - - - - -

I am watching George Stephanopoulos "Weekend News with George..." and the first full 30 minutes - the OPENING segment just two shows before the midterms, is all about the murder of Khashoggi.Why? What is the motive, dear media?

Kash was not an American citizen, not even a fully legal U.S. resident. He went missing in Istanbul, not America. He wrote for the Washington Post, but that is it. He was not an emissary, king, prime minister or diplomat.

Khashoggi has nothing to do with my job, health care, taxes, home, America's crime rate, economy or elections. It's a tragedy, but it pales to the issues American citizens care about - So I have to really wonder, dear media - WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU PLANNING TO DO NEXT?

How long before you gin up a plan to BLAME TRUMP for the death of Khashoggi? We have already witnessed Democrat wingnuts insinuating the Jared Kushner had a "hit list" with Kash's name on it. Really?? (no, this has NOT been even remotely verified). So - WHY IS THE MEDIA KEEPING THIS STORY ALIVE? AMERICANS DO NOT CARE.

Mark my words - the media is going to do to turn Khashoggi into Trump's crime somehow, and it won't be just another strike, it will become a major issue. It will all be a lie, but something is going to break - or else this story would have gone away already.
No, conservatives don’t care about Khashoggi.

Just as conservatives don’t care about the war on journalists and a free press.

Just as conservatives don’t care about brutal, authoritarian regimes seeking to kill journalists who are critical of those regimes.

And just as conservatives don’t care about Trump’s failure to support and promote the fundamental American value of a free press and independent journalists.

Conservatives don’t care about Khashoggi because it’s yet another issue they’re on the wrong side of.

i pretty much only care about Free flow of info in the USA and with all the flow of info within the USA from many sources i have what i want Clayton .

Just as conservatives don’t care about brutal, authoritarian regimes seeking to kill journalists who are critical of those regimes.

And just as conservatives don’t care about Trump’s failure to support and promote the fundamental American value of a free press and independent journalists.

Conservatives don’t care about Khashoggi because it’s yet another issue they’re on the wrong side of.

I am calling BS on this post. I believe conservatives care MORE about a free press because the mainstream media in this country is so one-sided to the point where if you do not agree with their message you are marginalized and bullied by them as if they have the sole right to tell our nation what our values should be.

The big lie our media perpetuates in this country is that they represent the "average American point of view" and that they are only interested in reporting the news. The fact is they are far more interested in promoting their own liberal agenda than they are interested in conveying facts people can use to make up their own minds in America.

Let me guess - you probably think Fox News tells nothing but lies, right? Because if you don't think that then you can't see the bias the mainstream media is feeding to you. Thinking people in this country (and we are in charge right now, if you have not noticed) do not believe the liberal media, we make up our own minds. So your contention that we don't care about a "free press" is EXACTLY the same talking point the mainstream media is feeding you. You are nothing but a robot that does whatever he is told. Too bad for you. I hope you learn to think for yourself some day.

Ummmm.... why don't we care about Freedom of the Press again?

Ever read what we call the "Constitution"? Might want to look into its ideals.

Sorry to upset your obsession but not everything is about Rump; some things are bigger. In fact most things are. So you might need to define what "we" means.

As the OP I want to say thanks for the reasoned responses. Personally, for the record, I have both press credentials (have written over 100 articles for FoxNews.com but all on travel) and I am also of Arab heritage ( 50% Christian Lebanese). So, I have an opinion and experience with both freedom of the press and Arab culture. I have traveled to Egypt, Jordan, Turkey and Israel, so I am pretty aware of who our friends are over there - although I never claim to be an expert on the Middle East politics.

My opinion is the so-called "Arab Spring" of the Obama years was one of the most ruthless, immoral lies the American media EVER peddled to the American people. They made it sound like democracy was breaking out like daisies all over the Middle East, when the truth is Muslim fundamentalists like the Muslim Brotherhood were taking over formerly peaceful and America-friendly nations like Egypt and turning them into sharia societal prison - turning back human rights by decades.

This article notes that the Egyptian military and people arrested and eventually imprisoned Morsi (head of the Muslim Brotherhood) for life. The party had been promoting islamic fundamentalism in Egypt for decades (Egyptian Wahhabism is often referred to as the the birth of modern Islamic fundamentalist terrorism) but this crackdown on the Muslim Brotherhood was the worst drubbing they had received in eight decades - peaceful Egyptian citizens were sick of them. So, in other words, the "Arab Spring" that Obama and the American Media were promoting as "wonderful" at the time led to one of the biggest revolutions to rid the Middle East of the kind of leadership Obama originally supported over there.

But did the media ever explain any of that to you? Hell no, of course not. They wanted you to think Obama was the answer to America making friends with the people who want to destroy us. And the liberals lapped up that lie up like a tootsie pop.

Read this and decide for yourself.... Statement by President Barack Obama on Egypt

The White House
Office of the Press Secretary
For Immediate Release
July 03, 2013

Statement by President Barack Obama on Egypt
As I have said since the Egyptian Revolution, the United States supports a set of core principles, including opposition to violence, protection of universal human rights, and reform that meets the legitimate aspirations of the people. The United States does not support particular individuals or political parties, but we are committed to the democratic process and respect for the rule of law. Since the current unrest in Egypt began, we have called on all parties to work together to address the legitimate grievances of the Egyptian people, in accordance with the democratic process, and without recourse to violence or the use of force.

The United States is monitoring the very fluid situation in Egypt, and we believe that ultimately the future of Egypt can only be determined by the Egyptian people. Nevertheless, we are deeply concerned by the decision of the Egyptian Armed Forces to remove President Morsy and suspend the Egyptian constitution. I now call on the Egyptian military to move quickly and responsibly to return full authority back to a democratically elected civilian government as soon as possible through an inclusive and transparent process, and to avoid any arbitrary arrests of President Morsy and his supporters. Given today’s developments, I have also directed the relevant departments and agencies to review the implications under U.S. law for our assistance to the Government of Egypt.

- - - - - - - - - -

You just completely torpedoed your own topic in a desperate lunge to change it to something else.
Way to stand behind your post

I am watching George Stephanopoulos "Weekend News with George..." and the first full 30 minutes - the OPENING segment just two shows before the midterms, is all about the murder of Khashoggi.Why? What is the motive, dear media?

Kash was not an American citizen, not even a fully legal U.S. resident. He went missing in Istanbul, not America. He wrote for the Washington Post, but that is it. He was not an emissary, king, prime minister or diplomat.

Khashoggi has nothing to do with my job, health care, taxes, home, America's crime rate, economy or elections. It's a tragedy, but it pales to the issues American citizens care about - So I have to really wonder, dear media - WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU PLANNING TO DO NEXT?

How long before you gin up a plan to BLAME TRUMP for the death of Khashoggi? We have already witnessed Democrat wingnuts insinuating the Jared Kushner had a "hit list" with Kash's name on it. Really?? (no, this has NOT been even remotely verified). So - WHY IS THE MEDIA KEEPING THIS STORY ALIVE? AMERICANS DO NOT CARE.

Mark my words - the media is going to do to turn Khashoggi into Trump's crime somehow, and it won't be just another strike, it will become a major issue. It will all be a lie, but something is going to break - or else this story would have gone away already.
You left quite a few chioces off your stilted little poll.

Hack is gonna hack I guess.

Bull shit! We care about the free press and media and their 1st Amendment rights. What we don't care for is the phony stories, partisanship for the liberals, mis-information and complete omission of certain facts designed to mislead the public. Nobody is going to deny freedom of the press but they are not sacrosanct by any means. As for Khashoggi, I never heard of him before this but I did check on him and found out he was a schoolmate of Osama bin Laden and both were heavily involved with the formation of the Muslim Brotherhood. What does that mean to you?

Guess they are 'turks' eh and so what , they all sign up to be reporters i guess ManOn !!

Don’t watch

Bull shit! We care about the free press and media and their 1st Amendment rights. What we don't care for is the phony stories, partisanship for the liberals, mis-information and complete omission of certain facts designed to mislead the public. Nobody is going to deny freedom of the press but they are not sacrosanct by any means. As for Khashoggi, I never heard of him before this but I did check on him and found out he was a schoolmate of Osama bin Laden and both were heavily involved with the formation of the Muslim Brotherhood. What does that mean to you?
lol

Conservatives protesting too much – the ridiculous right is doing an awful lot of whining about an issue they claim to not care about.

Too funny.

lol

Conservatives protesting too much – the ridiculous right is doing an awful lot of whining about an issue they claim to not care about.

Too funny.

It's no surprise the Democrats are trying to turn him into some kind of American hero. After all, Obama and his party supported and even aided the Muslim Brotherhood takeover of Egypt.

You just completely torpedoed your own topic in a desperate lunge to change it to something else.
Way to stand behind your post

Politics is not a debating society. It is facts and beliefs. I didn't scuttle what I believe, I amplified my thoughts. It is people like you, who see politics as a beauty contest where a "best answer" and "Miss congeniality" award wins the day who have brought governance to its knees in this country.

Liberals actually believe they can win an election by sowing enough hatred against the so-called "racist" conservatives and Trump himself because they have the media on their side. But you don't see the big picture, that Trump is not a slick Obama - he is a down & dirty fighter who is actually getting a lot of things done. We may not like his manner, but we believe he knows how to negotiate and manage and that is all that counts to us. Better a "clown" for a President who actually gets the job done, than a media hack (Obama) that screws up everything and hides behinds the media's magic curtain to avoid telling people the truth about how awful he was as a President.

This post is about the lying media - that is my only point.

Last edited:
The media can go to hell.We noticed that Saudi Ara

Reminds me of the same deniers that said Saudi Arabia wasn't behind the attack on 9/11.When all the facts clearly point to them. Nah, lets ignore the obvious facts. Because it's anecdotal and because it points the facts in the wrong direction. Can't have that can we?

lol

Too funny.

It's no surprise the Democrats are trying to turn him into some kind of American hero. After all, Obama and his party supported and even aided the Muslim Brotherhood takeover of Egypt.

Then the people took over. Many of those Muslim Brotherhood agents are awaiting their hanging. They're short one, however. :rolleyes:

But you don't see the big picture, that Trump is not a slick Obama - he is a down & dirty fighter who is actually getting a lot of things done.
He is a reality tv performer who believes that image counts more than reality. His base agrees.

The Saudis and their oil have everything to do with why we spend billions and billions and billions if not trillions of tax dollars in perpetual warring or preparing for warring in the middle east....

they are in the middle of our Military Industrial complex golden goose egg money scheme....that rips us off of trillions in tax dollars year after year after year....
-------------------------------------------------------
The issue was Trump CREATING AN EXCUSE for the Saudi Prince and their grotesque murdering act.

Last edited:
The issue is about supporting and committing support for the Saudi "Crown Prince", meaning the future young King for a generation or more. Saudi Royalty is not like European Royalty who have symbolic positions and limited powers. A Saudi King is a dictator with complete authoritarian power. Power to allow the murder of a journalist or anyone else.

Forum List

Back