Dear Media - We Don't Care about Khashoggi

Why is the media keeping the Khashoggi story alive?

• They are planning to pin it on Trump criminally - somehow

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • They are so self-centered they (mistakenly) think we care because he was a Wash-Post reporter

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • They are just out of good reasons to criticize Trump

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • To crush the Saudi deal to buy American arms because it was a Trump victory that created jobs

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters

Paul Motter

Gold Member
Aug 29, 2018
I am watching George Stephanopoulos "Weekend News with George..." and the first full 30 minutes - the OPENING segment just two shows before the midterms, is all about the murder of Khashoggi.Why? What is the motive, dear media?

Kash was not an American citizen, not even a fully legal U.S. resident. He went missing in Istanbul, not America. He wrote for the Washington Post, but that is it. He was not an emissary, king, prime minister or diplomat.

Khashoggi has nothing to do with my job, health care, taxes, home, America's crime rate, economy or elections. It's a tragedy, but it pales to the issues American citizens care about - So I have to really wonder, dear media - WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU PLANNING TO DO NEXT?

How long before you gin up a plan to BLAME TRUMP for the death of Khashoggi? We have already witnessed Democrat wingnuts insinuating the Jared Kushner had a "hit list" with Kash's name on it. Really?? (no, this has NOT been even remotely verified). So - WHY IS THE MEDIA KEEPING THIS STORY ALIVE? AMERICANS DO NOT CARE.

Mark my words - the media is going to do to turn Khashoggi into Trump's crime somehow, and it won't be just another strike, it will become a major issue. It will all be a lie, but something is going to break - or else this story would have gone away already.

I am watching George Stephanopoulos "Weekend News with George..." and the first full 30 minutes - the OPENING segment just two shows before the midterms, is all about the murder of Khashoggi.Why? What is the motive, dear media?

Kash was not an American citizen, not even a fully legal U.S. resident. He went missing in Istanbul, not America. He wrote for the Washington Post, but that is it. He was not an emissary, king, prime minister or diplomat.

Khashoggi has nothing to do with my job, health care, taxes, home, America's crime rate, economy or elections. It's a tragedy, but it pales to the issues American citizens care about - So I have to really wonder, dear media - WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU PLANNING TO DO NEXT?

How long before you gin up a plan to BLAME TRUMP for the death of Khashoggi? We have already witnessed Democrat wingnuts insinuating the Jared Kushner had a "hit list" with Kash's name on it. Really?? (no, this has NOT been even remotely verified). So - WHY IS THE MEDIA KEEPING THIS STORY ALIVE? AMERICANS DO NOT CARE.

Mark my words - the media is going to do to turn Khashoggi into Trump's crime somehow, and it won't be just another strike, it will become a major issue. It will all be a lie, but something is going to break - or else this story would have gone away already.
Nah, they're just trashing him, per usual. This is a pretty good one--moral indignation and human rights abuses, that shot of Trump with his hand on that stupid globe. I agree it's taking up way too much airtime, though.

Muslims savagely killing other muslims....

Don't really care. Next world war we need to nuke every square inch of middle eastern sand and be done with these cockroaches once and for all.

The bigger pic is turning Saudi Arabia into next Libya to blow oil prices thru the roof and then blame Trump

Trying to start WW3, you're welcome.

Also: Trying to sow discord on a scale much larger than the Russians in 2016.

They keep setting Trump up for a 'damned if you do, damned if you don't' blame game.

With this particular story, if Trump tries to shuffle it under the rug then it goes to show how treacherous he is against our media, the Constitutional Rights of Freedom of Speech, Freedom of the Press, etc (Oh how could you be so mean) :rolleyes:
IF he stomped his foot at SA and demanded retribution or war.....then he's a war monger, dangerous foreign policy with an ally, (We're all gonna die) :aargh:

No matter what happens, he will always be blamed.

The media thinks it will hurt Trump. They are all about hurting Trump any way they can. Same for their impotent puppets here. Lie, spin, smoke, blather rinse, repeat.

The Muslim Brotherhood is opposed to the US/Saudi relationship.

Khashoggi was sympathetic to the MB, and Obama openly supported them in their short-lived takeover of Egypt.

And yes, today's "journalists" like to think they've wangled their way into a special status on the world stage. That only applies if they do their job. If they go political, they are fair game.

Maybe we should nuke Mecca. :dunno:

THAT of course, would cross the line of Religion :banghead:

Do ask me how many fucks I give. :)

Actually as long as Trump is trying to minimalize our responsibility toward Khashoggi's death.....blowing up Mecca would be the media/Dems cry for action..

All & all, I'd hate to see that happen in any circumstance just because of the historical significance...…..just like all the statues that were destroyed here. I don't have to agree with what they were famous for or their political stance to see the importance of their contribution to our history and how far we had come.

Ummmm.... why don't we care about Freedom of the Press again?

Ever read what we call the "Constitution"? Might want to look into its ideals.

Sorry to upset your obsession but not everything is about Rump; some things are bigger. In fact most things are. So you might need to define what "we" means.

Ummmm.... why don't we care about Freedom of the Press again?

Ever read what we call the "Constitution"? Might want to look into its ideals.

Sorry to upset your obsession but not everything is about Rump; some things are bigger. In fact most things are.
You floaters make everything you can about Trump. Day in and day out you parrot what your media masters feed you. Then it's blather, rinse, repeat, with numerous failed attempts to belittle whomever you are responding to.

“There is a cult of Ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” -- Isaac Asimov

“There is a cult of Ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” -- Isaac Asimov

An opinion worth only as much as the rest.

It's an observation rather than an 'opinion'.

But hey if you think it's a debatable thing, by all means entertain us by making the case that Ignorance is a good thing. :popcorn:

It's an observation rather than an 'opinion'.

But hey if you think it's a debatable thing, by all means entertain us by making the case that Ignorance is a good thing. :popcorn:

Your posts make the case for me, as they are often humorous in an odd sort of way, and after all laughter is the best medicine.

Maybe we should nuke Mecca. :dunno:
NO! You may not do that. I keeps tellin ya.
You got that magic stone there; no nuking Mecca.
The-Kaaba-Black-Stone.jpg

Forum List

Back