Dead Pool 2013

Stan Musial passed away. All time great whose stats are under appreciated

Cardinals Hall of Famer Stan Musial Dies at Age 92

.331 batting average, seven batting titles, 3 MVPs, 3600 hits, 475 HRs

Great player
Only two members of the 400+ homer club have more lifetime BB than strikeouts: Ted Williams and Stan Musial.

He was baseball's Gentleman Ambassador. And as fine a batter to have ever played the game.

Great player
Only two members of the 400+ homer club have more lifetime BB than strikeouts: Ted Williams and Stan Musial.

He was baseball's Gentleman Ambassador. And as fine a batter to have ever played the game.

Stan played at the level of Joe DiMaggio and Ted Williams

But got little of the attention. He is little known outside of St Louis

Great player

He didn't get the big city press, but he was well-known throughout the midwest and beyond due to the Cardinal's huge radio network, anchored by 50,000 watt KMOX. For a long time, St. Louis was the westernmost franchise, so there were a lot of Cards fans in Texas, California, and the heartland.

Earl Weaver, former Orioles manager, dies at 82

Obit_Earl_Weaver_Baseball_0fa87--606x404.jpg

A hot-tempered bantam who screamed curses at umpires and sometimes at his own players, Earl Weaver made the Baltimore Orioles into a baseball powerhouse during his 17 years as manager.

He was infamous for his explosive diatribes, which got him thrown out of almost 100 games, and for nervously smoking cigarettes throughout games, but no one could deny that the “Earl of Baltimore” was one of the greatest managers in baseball history.

Orioles officials announced that Mr. Weaver died Friday while on a team-sponsored Caribbean cruise with many of his former players. He was 82. The cause of death was not immediately disclosed.

Known as the “little genius,” Mr. Weaver had an inventive baseball mind and used every imprecation in his colorful vocabulary to inspire his players. Once, when one of his pitchers was struggling on the mound, an exasperated Mr. Weaver implored, “If you know how to cheat, start now.”

He was a crafty strategist who preached a simple formula for baseball success — good pitching, solid defense and three-run homers.

He didn't get the big city press, but he was well-known throughout the midwest and beyond due to the Cardinal's huge radio network, anchored by 50,000 watt KMOX. For a long time, St. Louis was the westernmost franchise, so there were a lot of Cards fans in Texas, California, and the heartland.
Damn boy! Stan The Man was my favorite baseball player too. Larry Carlton, Stan Musial, what's next, Ronald Reagan?

Damn boy! Stan The Man was my favorite baseball player too. Larry Carlton, Stan Musial, what's next, Ronald Reagan?
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8JA9Qs2Mho]Meat Loaf - Two Out of Three Ain't Bad - YouTube[/ame]

Louise Rainer
David Rockefeller
Eli Wallach
Kirk Douglas
Zsa Zsa Gabor
Hugo Chavez
Joan Fontaine (it was either her or Olivia de Havilland - I bet Joan goes first)
I.M. Pei
Billy Graham
Lawrence Ferlinghetti

w00t! One on my list is dead.

I wish I had picked C. Everett Koop. He was one of my picks, but I bumped him for I.M. Pei.

Louise Rainer
David Rockefeller
Eli Wallach
Kirk Douglas
Zsa Zsa Gabor
Hugo Chavez
Joan Fontaine (it was either her or Olivia de Havilland - I bet Joan goes first)
I.M. Pei
Billy Graham
Lawrence Ferlinghetti

w00t! One on my list is dead.

I wish I had picked C. Everett Koop. He was one of my picks, but I bumped him for I.M. Pei.

So did God...

Forum List

Back