Little Jimmy Dickens
Glen Campbell

Louise Rainer
David Rockefeller
Eli Wallach
Kirk Douglas
Zsa Zsa Gabor
Hugo Chavez
Joan Fontaine (it was either her or Olivia de Havilland - I bet Joan goes first)
I.M. Pei
Billy Graham
Lawrence Ferlinghetti

Last edited:
My picks 2013:
1. Bush 41
2. Jerry Lewis
3. Lady Gaga
4. Fidel Castro
5. Hillary Clinton
6. Billy Graham
7. Kirk Douglas
8. Lindsay Lohan
9. Jimmy Carter
10. Bob Dole

Hugo Chavez
Nelson Mandela
Bush 41
John Glenn
Judge Wapner
Mohammad Ali
Stan Musial
Billy Graham
Olivia DeHaviland
Joan Fontaine
Good list!

I am going to add a Powerball Pick for my list:

Al Molinaro

He played the soda shop owner with the long nose in 'Happy Days'.

He's ninety-fucking-three.

He also played Murray the cop in The Odd Couple

So I was thinking of compiling a list and I stumbled upon another forum that has a similar pool. Since there has been a minor controversy over the scoring and such, I thought I would share an interesting twist to the game we may want to consider...

Below is a sketch copy of some rules which have interesting new twists. First of all, age matters, then you choose a list position and receive additional points depending, also when someone dies you can add a new celebrity to the lowest position on your list.

IMO it would make the game/thread more interesting throughout the year, but it's just food for thought. :dunno:

Yes, here it is... THE FORUM DEAD POOL 2013!

Huzzah! Those wishing to take part need to post a list of ten celebrities who they predict will shuffle off their mortal coil in 2013.

Once you have formed your list of ten, you need to put them in some semblance of order. For example:-

1) Michael Gove (10 points)
2) Jeremy Hunt (9 points)
3) George Osborne (8 points)
4) Maria Miller (7 points)
5) Theresa May (6 points)
6) Eric Pickles (5 points)
7) Iain Duncan Smith (4 points)
8) Chris Grayling (3 points)
9) Philip Hammond (2 points)
10) David Cameron (1 point)

PLEASE NOTE: ONCE YOU HAVE POSTED YOUR SELECTION, YOU SHALL NOT BE ALLOWED TO AMEND IT IN ANY WAY

Should one of your choices actually die during the allotted game time, you will receive points in relation to their position in the list (as shown), as well as a bonus linked to the age your choice was at the time of death. For example, using the list above, if 58 year old Iain Duncan Smith were to die on January 1st, you would receive FOUR points for list positioning as well as 42 age bonus points (100 – 58 = 42). This would give you a total of 46 points.

On top of this, in the event of one of your choices kicking the bucket, you will be allowed to select somebody else to slot in at the bottom of the list. If they were also to die during the allotted game time, you would receive one point and the age bonus for their demise.

At the end of the year, all of the points you have earned will be totted up. The poster with the most points will be deemed the winner and crowned “The Forum Grim Reaper”. The poster with the least points will be roundly mocked and have the deeply shameful tag “The Forum Angel of Mercy” thrust upon them.

Good luck people. May the touch of death be with you.

^ Please note the above is NOT my list...I will submit my list later...

Last edited:
1)nelson mandela - 94
2)ruth bader ginsburg - 79
3)larry king - 79
4)george HW bush - 88
5)fidel castro - 86
6)henry kissinger- 89
7)muhammad ali - 70
8)john madden - 76
9)meatloaf - 65
10)macaulay culkin - 32

Last edited:
1)nelson mandela - 94
2)ruth bader ginsburg - 79
3)larry king - 79
4)george w bush - 88
5)fidel castro - 86
6)henry kissinger- 89
7)muhammad ali - 70
8)john madden - 76
9)meatloaf - 65
10)macaulay culkin - 32

George W Bush is not 88. His father is

Not so much a pool - more like a sure-thing:

"ALL politicians that support any type of ban or legislation that infringes on 2A rights."

"ALL politicians that support any type of ban or legislation that infringes on 2A rights."

Are you advocating assassination?

Are you advocating assassination?

Sounds like it... I'm just glad he didn't make a list. :eusa_eh:

Not advocating it at all - just stating that many people have been pushed to the edge and this will put some over that edge. Or do you thing that everyone will just roll over and take this treatment?

Last edited:
Don't know if anyone had Dear Abby

'Dear Abby' advice columnist dies at age 94

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Pauline Friedman Phillips, who under the name of Abigail Van Buren, wrote the long-running "Dear Abby" advice column that was followed by millions of newspaper readers throughout the world, has died. She was 94.

Publicist Gene Willis of Universal Uclick said Phillips died Wednesday after a long battle with Alzheimer's disease.

Phillips' column competed for decades with the advice column of Ann Landers, written by her twin sister, Esther Friedman Lederer. Their relationship was stormy in their early adult years, but later they regained the close relationship they had growing up in Sioux City, Iowa.

The two columns differed in style. Ann Landers responded to questioners with homey, detailed advice. Abby's replies were often flippant one-liners.

Don't know if anyone had Dear Abby

'Dear Abby' advice columnist dies at age 94

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Pauline Friedman Phillips, who under the name of Abigail Van Buren, wrote the long-running "Dear Abby" advice column that was followed by millions of newspaper readers throughout the world, has died. She was 94.

Publicist Gene Willis of Universal Uclick said Phillips died Wednesday after a long battle with Alzheimer's disease.

Phillips' column competed for decades with the advice column of Ann Landers, written by her twin sister, Esther Friedman Lederer. Their relationship was stormy in their early adult years, but later they regained the close relationship they had growing up in Sioux City, Iowa.

The two columns differed in style. Ann Landers responded to questioners with homey, detailed advice. Abby's replies were often flippant one-liners.
[ame=http://youtu.be/YuSilWHnczA]John Prine - Dear Abby - YouTube[/ame]

New Topics

Forum List

Back