Dead Pool 2017

Granny says let him die - put him outta the world's misery...
icon_grandma.gif

Panama's ex-dictator Noriega to have brain surgery
Jan. 24, 2017 -- Panama's 2nd Criminal Court of the Supreme Court authorized house arrest for Manuel Antonio Noriega so the former dictator can undergo brain surgery to remove a benign tumor.
Noriega, 82, has been imprisoned since December 2011 on a 60-year sentence on an array of charges including murder, corruption and environmental crimes. He previously spent 21 years in prison in French and U.S. prisons for drug trafficking and money laundering.

Panamas-ex-dictator-Noriega-to-have-brain-surgery.jpg

Noriega will be moved out to serve house arrest prior to the surgery. Ezra Angel, Noriega's lawyer, argued Noriega should be allowed to prepare and recover at home. But the court on Monday ruled Noriega will return to prison once he has recuperated.

The former leader who ruled from 1983-89 was originally going to have the surgery last July but it was postponed because of his lawyers argued procedures before and after the operation were not adequately prepared. Noriega has had multiple strokes, which caused urological and neurological issues. He undergoes medical examinations every two months.

It's been a bad year for former wrestlers. Snuka passed away, Nicole Bass is getting taken off life support today, and one of my favorites as a kid George the Animal Steele died today. Not to mention Big Van Vader found out he has less than two years to live because of a heart condition.

Hillary Clinton
Bruce Ward
Don Davis
Stacey Johnson
Ledell Lee
Jack Jones
Marcel Williams
Ivan Teleguz
Kenneth Williams
Jason McGehee

My sister alerted me of this -- I hadn't heard. Don't think anybody mentioned.. Professor Irwin Corey

Passed on about a month ago at the tender young age of 102.

Mebbe he got dat protozoa dat eats brains?...
nahnah.gif

Manuel Noriega in coma following brain surgery
March 8, 2017 -- Former Panamanian dictator Manuel Antonio Noriega underwent a second surgery and is in a medically induced coma after hemorrhaging following a brain tumor operation, his lawyer said.
Noriega, 83, had the first surgery at the Santo Tomas hospital in Panama City on Tuesday. Doctors successfully stopped the brain hemorrhage that followed, but Noriega's condition is still considered critical. "He is in intensive care following a second open cranial surgery in less than eight hours," lawyer Ezra Ángel told local reporters. "The situation is delicate. He is in critical condition and we hope he recovers in the coming hours."

In January, Panama's 2nd Criminal Court of the Supreme Court authorized house arrest for Noriega so he could undergo brain surgery to remove the benign tumor. Noriega has been imprisoned since December 2011 on a 60-year sentence on an array of charges including murder, corruption and environmental crimes. He previously spent 21 years in French and U.S. prisons for drug trafficking and money laundering.

The former leader, who ruled from 1983 until 1989, was originally going to have the surgery in July but it was postponed because his poor health. Noriega has had multiple strokes, which have caused urological and neurological issues. He undergoes medical examinations every two months.

Manuel Noriega in coma following brain surgery

Unfortunately I got another one right.

"Legendary comic Don Rickles, a rapid-fire insulting machine who for six decades earned quite a living making fun of people of all creeds and colors and everyone from poor slobs to Frank Sinatra, has died. He was 90."

Legendary Comic Don Rickles Dies at 90
You will be awarded an honorary wreath for your accuracy, and a free butt burning card from Michael's crematorium and soylent green foodstore..

"Legendary comic Don Rickles, a rapid-fire insulting machine who for six decades earned quite a living making fun of people of all creeds and colors and everyone from poor slobs to Frank Sinatra, has died. He was 90."

You will be awarded an honorary wreath for your accuracy, and a free butt burning card from Michael's crematorium and soylent green foodstore..

Don Rickles would probably find this whole thing funny...

I have gotten 2 out of my 10 right so far. How many did it take to win last year?

Don Rickles would probably find this whole thing funny...

I have gotten 2 out of my 10 right so far. How many did it take to win last year?
I have no idea, I don't participate, I merely throw out acerbic barbs..

I got one!

Jim Bunning Dead at 85

They keep calling him "former US Senator" but I know him for what he did in the profession he excelled in. I still remember driving in the car to my grandmother's house on Father's Day 1964 with the ball game on the radio growing more and more interesting as Bunning had not allowed a baserunner all through the game. We got to Granny's house in time to watch the conclusion on TV as Bunning completed the rare feat of a perfect game. Later that evening we saw him make a walk-on appearance on the Ed Sullivan show.

(What happened at the end of that baseball season is something we'd rather forget but that wasn't Bunning's fault).

With his previous team in Detroit, Bunning was an outspoken advocate for players' interests, which may have contributed to his being traded, but he stood up for the little guy, at least then.

Rest in peace Jim Bunning, and thanks for the memories.

Granny says let him die - put him outta the world's misery...
icon_grandma.gif

Jan. 24, 2017 -- Panama's 2nd Criminal Court of the Supreme Court authorized house arrest for Manuel Antonio Noriega so the former dictator can undergo brain surgery to remove a benign tumor.
Noriega, 82, has been imprisoned since December 2011 on a 60-year sentence on an array of charges including murder, corruption and environmental crimes. He previously spent 21 years in prison in French and U.S. prisons for drug trafficking and money laundering.

Panamas-ex-dictator-Noriega-to-have-brain-surgery.jpg

Noriega will be moved out to serve house arrest prior to the surgery. Ezra Angel, Noriega's lawyer, argued Noriega should be allowed to prepare and recover at home. But the court on Monday ruled Noriega will return to prison once he has recuperated.

The former leader who ruled from 1983-89 was originally going to have the surgery last July but it was postponed because of his lawyers argued procedures before and after the operation were not adequately prepared. Noriega has had multiple strokes, which caused urological and neurological issues. He undergoes medical examinations every two months.

Looks like I might be the only one competing. :laugh2:

Betty White (Actress, Comedian)

Henry Kissinger (Politician)

Jimmy Carter (Politician)

Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka (Professional Wrestler)

George H. W. Bush (Politician)

Tommy Lasorda (MLB Player and Manager)

Bobby "The Brain" Heenan (Professional Wrestling Manager and Commentator)

Joe Namath (NFL Player)

Don Rickles (Actor, Comedian)

Kirk Douglas (Actor)

Well with the passing of Bobby The Brain Heenan, it looks like I've gotten 3 right so far.

Forum List

Back