Court sides with pharmacists against emergency contraceptives

But what if you were raped? I know its rare to get pregnant from a rape, but it does happen. What happens when the woman is denied the pill at the hospital and at the pharmacy? Where can she go then?

Has this ever happened?

It could happen.

Quantum physics states I could walk through a wall once every 1-2 billion tries. Could happen is not has happened or will happen.

What if there is only one pharmacy in your local area and you would have to travel a long way to the next one?

Move

Because its so fucking easy to just pack up and move, right?

Fuck you are stupid.

Typically throughout history it has been poor people or put off people who have done the moving, as those content usually had no reason to move.

Yes, if you dont like your locality, move.

Fuck you are stupid.

Typically throughout history it has been poor people or put off people who have done the moving, as those content usually had no reason to move.

Yes, if you dont like your locality, move.

Drop your job and move and hope to find a new job, right?

Or add to your commute by a few miles, there are often other towns right near you.

If you feel so strongly about a pharmacist not carrying a certain med, then move. If you dont mind travelling an extra few tens of miles (at most) then stay.

There is no consitutional right to medication, nor a constitutional right to not being butthurt.

There is a consitutional right to travel, and to live where one wants to, and can afford however.

Fuck you are stupid.
Again: Why are your rights more important than those of the pharmacist? Why do you want to force him to accept your morality?

My healthcare is more important than some retarded chemist who wants to force his outdated religious beliefs upon me.

So he follows you with a gun and prevents you from buying the pills somewhere else?

What if there is only one pharmacy in your local area and you would have to travel a long way to the next one?

Move

Fuck you are stupid.

The smallest town I ever lived in had less than 1000 people and had 3 pharmacies. In other words, it is easier to move than it is to find a community where there is only one pharmacy.

Fuck you are stupid.
Again: Why are your rights more important than those of the pharmacist? Why do you want to force him to accept your morality?

My healthcare is more important than some retarded chemist who wants to force his outdated religious beliefs upon me.

Your 'healthcare' is more important than this man's right to his own conscience?

Damn, you are one entitled bitch, you know that?

That's as bad as saying a man's need for sexual gratification is more important than your right to say 'No'...

Idiot.

Fuck you are stupid.

No, it's more important to you.

But the world doesn't revolve around your wishes.

But thanks for confirming that the rights of others don't mean anything to you.

You're little more than a spoiled, petulant child.

Your 'healthcare' is more important than this man's right to his own conscience?

That's as bad as saying a man's need for sexual gratification is more important than your right to say 'No'...

Idiot.

There is no reason to be opposed to the morning after pill. It doesn't cause abortions, so the idiots who oppose it should get that through their thick heads.

They have the right not to force their religious beliefs on me.

Idiot.

There is no reason to be opposed to the morning after pill. It doesn't cause abortions, so the idiots who oppose it should get that through their thick heads.

This is America, a person doesn't NEED a reason to oppose something. We have the RIGHT to disagree, dispute and disavow in our MARROW!

The 'morning after' pill causes the fertilized egg to detach from the uterine wall, or to not attach, depending on the timing of it's use. In either case that egg is fertilized and a potential human life. That is an abortion, regardless of how you want it not to be.

Again i dont see any forcing here. All I see is that you want other people to compromise thier beliefs for your convinence.

This is what passes for liberal "logic", folks.

In summary:

You believe your rights are more important than anyone else's. When there's a conflict, the other person should give way. Every time. Because you're entitled to it.

Right?

You don't have a right to force your religious beliefs, or even the lack of religious beliefs on anyone else either.

This is what passes for liberal "logic", folks.

In summary:

You believe your rights are more important than anyone else's. When there's a conflict, the other person should give way. Every time. Because you're entitled to it.

Right?

It comes from believing there is some right to be accommodated. To the liberal, no one has any rights but them. The only right the world has is to do whatever the liberal wants. That's why they are deserving of nothing more than contempt.

Idiot.

Guess what, it doesn't matter if their is a reason or not, the government should not be able to force people to sell stuff. What if they suddenly decided that restaurants have to sell manure for people that want to grow their own food, would you support that?

Yet you want the right to force yours on them.

Court sides with pharmacists against emergency contraceptives
CHICAGO, Ill.— An Illinois appellate court has ruled in favor of two pharmacists who objected to providing emergency contraception because they said it infringed upon their religious beliefs.

A lawsuit by Luke Vander Bleek and Glenn Kosirog challenged a 2005 executive order by then-Gov. Rod Blagojevich requiring all pharmacists to fill prescriptions for the so-called morning-after pill.

They argued they were protected by the Illinois Health Care Right of Conscience Act. That law says health professionals cannot be punished if they refuse to offer a service because of their conscientious convictions.

The Chicago Tribune reports that Friday's ruling applies only to the two pharmacists. But their lawyer, Francis Manion, says the precedent means the state cannot go after other pharmacists who similarly refuse to provide the pill.​

The RULING is correct.

Their employers JOINED the pharmacists in opposing the bureaucratic order. The Pharmacists are NOT slaves of the almighty state.

Forum List

Back