Conservatives: Do You Give

Rabbi - simple question

Are you in favor of a man being able to legally marry another man?

Simple question: Are you in favor of giving tax breaks to people because of whom they like to fuck?

I'm in favor of giving the same breaks to everyone. So if hetero married couples can get a tax benefit due to being married, gay couples should as well. If hetero couples don't get a tax break, then gay couples shouldn't either. Equal treatment.

Do you think hetero couples should get a tax break from the government?

Rabbi - simple question

Please show me where a man is not able to marry another man.
What I am opposed to is the state sanctioning such "marriages" and giving the partners benefits. This confers extra benefits on some people, favoring them at the expense of other solely based on their sexual preference of the moment. This would appear to fail the constitutional provisions of the 14th Amerndment.

Simple question: Are you in favor of giving tax breaks to people because of whom they like to fuck?

No no, it wouldn't be "extra benefits." Straight men would be allowed to marry other men as well and reap the same benefits.

Rabbi - simple question

I'm in favor of giving the same breaks to everyone. So if hetero married couples can get a tax benefit due to being married, gay couples should as well. If hetero couples don't get a tax break, then gay couples shouldn't either. Equal treatment.

I dun think any married couple should get a tax break merely for being married. However, I do think any couple who wants should be allowed to marry, regardless of gender.

I dun think any married couple should get a tax break merely for being married. However, I do think any couple who wants should be allowed to marry, regardless of gender.

Agreed. Government should get out of marriage altogether. Civil unions for all from the State; Marriage from the private institution from which you seek it, if such institution is willing to provide it to you.

Rabbi - simple question

What I am opposed to is the state sanctioning such "marriages" and giving the partners benefits. This confers extra benefits on some people, favoring them at the expense of other solely based on their sexual preference of the moment. This would appear to fail the constitutional provisions of the 14th Amerndment.

Simple question: Are you in favor of giving tax breaks to people because of whom they like to fuck?[/QUOTE]

You mean like the tax breaks we give to heterosexuals who are married?

Marriage is not about who you fuck its about who you love

Yeah, whether or not married couples should receive any sort of breaks just because they are married is a whole different topic. However, it should be discussed in the context of married couples, not hetero married couples or homo married couples.

i am against gay marriage but some part of me wants it to happen everywhere, so then a few years later when 50% of them divorce and lose 50% of their assets and have to pay alimony/maintenance they are going to wish they can turn back the hands of time...and i for one will laugh

I am "impressed" with the hypocrisy on this thread, best exemplified by The Rabbi. HIS rights matter. His privacy matters. HIS dignity matters. And he has zero interest in anyone else's.

Unless they are GLBT people, who want to marry or join the military, or a woman who wants an abortion, or ---

Well, you get the idea. Nobody loves a heavy handed government busybody more'n these sorts of fake conservatives.

i am against gay marriage but some part of me wants it to happen everywhere, so then a few years later when 50% of them divorce and lose 50% of their assets and have to pay alimony/maintenance they are going to wish they can turn back the hands of time...and i for one will laugh

I have friends who are divorce lawyers. That alone makes me support gay marriage.

Agreed. Government should get out of marriage altogether. Civil unions for all from the State; Marriage from the private institution from which you seek it, if such institution is willing to provide it to you.

That is my stance as well...

I am "impressed" with the hypocrisy on this thread, best exemplified by The Rabbi. HIS rights matter. His privacy matters. HIS dignity matters. And he has zero interest in anyone else's.

Unless they are GLBT people, who want to marry or join the military, or a woman who wants an abortion, or ---

Well, you get the idea. Nobody loves a heavy handed government busybody more'n these sorts of fake conservatives.

He's easily the biggest hypocrite/liar on this site and that's saying something.

He's easily the biggest hypocrite/liar on this site and that's saying something.

Looks like he ran away from another one. That's Ok, it's his right. He has the same right to run away from a thread as someone who's not an idiot.

Many choices and behaviors can get someone out of the military or not allow them in in the first place... and I am all for homosexuality being one of those unwanted behaviors in the military where logistics, morale, and mission are more important than anywhere else

As for abortion... opposition to it is about the protection of an innocent human life.. which has nothing to do with the topic at hand... and the protection of innocent life is not inherently 'heavy handed government'

But if 2 guys want to live together as a family.. let them have a civil union.. have every family couple unit recognized that way by government.. with the same rights to inheritance, power of attorney, filing of taxes, etc...

Rabbi - simple question

And there it is. Rabbi is much like many conservatives, anti-homosexual. Thanks for your fake attempt at supporting gay rights.

I would ask how you possibly got that out of anything I wrote. But I am dealing with a mental midget who cannot do simple math, so what can anyone expect?

Rabbi - simple question

No no, it wouldn't be "extra benefits." Straight men would be allowed to marry other men as well and reap the same benefits.

You are exactly right!
So lets say Cuyo and I are old college friends. I lost my job and need medical care (this is supposing Obamacare hasn't eliminated employer sponsored coverage). He and I can just declare ourselves "married" and bango-- I get the benefit of his coverage. We don't have to touch dicks or anything.

Remind me how this is supposed to be good for society?

And there it is. Rabbi is much like many conservatives, anti-homosexual. Thanks for your fake attempt at supporting gay rights.

I would ask how you possibly got that out of anything I wrote. But I am dealing with a mental midget who cannot do simple math, so what can anyone expect?

LOL! Are you really going to bring up the fact again that you don't know how to calculate a basic percentage increase. Shall I link to that post where you put your ignorance on full display, just so you can ignore it, AGAIN?

That is my stance as well...

What is the difference between "civil union" and "marriage" under that scenario?

LOL! Are you really going to bring up the fact again that you don't know how to calculate a basic percentage increase. Shall I link to that post where you put your ignorance on full display, just so you can ignore it, AGAIN?

Sure, go ahead and show what a tool bag you are and incapable of telling how much different 85 and 90 are.

You are exactly right!
So lets say Cuyo and I are old college friends. I lost my job and need medical care (this is supposing Obamacare hasn't eliminated employer sponsored coverage). He and I can just declare ourselves "married" and bango-- I get the benefit of his coverage. We don't have to touch dicks or anything.

Remind me how this is supposed to be good for society?

So are you against government benefits for ALL married couples or just those for married gay couples?

Forum List

Back