Conservatives: Do You Give

What is the difference between "civil union" and "marriage" under that scenario?

Gays do not want to marry because of tax incentives, hospital benefits or other financial incentives. Neither do most heterosexuals. They want to be able to stand up in front of society, publicly declare their love for one another and have society recognize their union. They want to call their partner their husband or wife.

They already have that ability and right. No state outlaws gay marriages. True conservatives like myself would oppose any such law because government can't ban religious ceremonies. Any gay person can go to a church that performs "gay marriages", slip rings on each other's fingers, and call their partner "my husband" or whatever. NOTHING prevents this now.

Mostly, they want society to treat them like they treat any other couple
There, now you are actually telling some truth. This whole debate about "gay marriage" is really about gays trying to force the rest of society into treating them like "any other couple". The Thought Police are out!

Yes, you are right. The essential struggle is to afford GLBT people the exact same civil rights you have. Was this clouded in mystery for you until now?

Still not one person opposed to homosexuals being married is able to say how gays being legally married actually impact their life in any way.

It doesn't impact my life, and by the way there is nothing preventing homos from getting married. You're talking about state recognition of such marriages. What does it effect you or any other homo if myself or the rest of society doesn't recognize their "gay marriage"?

I don't care if you or anyone else approves or recognizes of gay marriage. What I do care about is that if the government officially recognizes hetero marriage in any shape or form then it should do the same for gay marriage as well. How does the government officially recognizing gay marriage in the same way that it recognizes straight marriage have any impact on you or anyone else?

Still not one person opposed to homosexuals being married is able to say how gays being legally married actually impact their life in any way.

It doesn't impact my life, and by the way there is nothing preventing homos from getting married. You're talking about state recognition of such marriages. What does it effect you or any other homo if myself or the rest of society doesn't recognize their "gay marriage"?

O, health care decisions, inheritance laws, employer benefits, child custody, etc. etc. etc. Yanno....all the benefits you get from your marriage?

Power of attorney for most of that.

Most of society isn't going to be confortable giving children over to be raised by homos when its their standard practice to "recruit" underaged. But that's what this debate really boils down to isn't it? The "rights" that NAMBLA is pushing for.

I don't care if you or anyone else approves or recognizes of gay marriage. What I do care about is that if the government officially recognizes hetero marriage in any shape or form then it should do the same for gay marriage as well. How does the government officially recognizing gay marriage in the same way that it recognizes straight marriage have any impact on you or anyone else?

For the reasons I just stated in the above post.

This is really about pushing the NAMBLA agenda to get society to accept homosexuals and pedophilia.

Do you give a flying fuck about homosexuals and how they live their lives?

This is a spin off of Dr House's comment to Jerkbert in the thread on conservative homosexuals.

I don't care about any person's sexual orientation provided they don't inflict it on others without valid consent. By this I mean: keep sexuality a little discreet. I don't really want my kids, for example, exposed to overt sexual expression between folks, regardless of their sexual identity. But in the privacy of his own home, I don't care if a guy enjoys homosexual activity or heterosexual activity.

Likewise, I don't care if some really really HAWT lipstick lesbian engages in ultra libidinous activity with some other drop-dead gorgeous lipstick lesbian in the privacy of their own homes. Hell, in that case, I'd like permission to peek.

O, health care decisions, inheritance laws, employer benefits, child custody, etc. etc. etc. Yanno....all the benefits you get from your marriage?

Most of society isn't going to be confortable giving children over to be raised by homos when its their standard practice to "recruit" underaged. But that's what this debate really boils down to isn't it? The "rights" that NAMBLA is pushing for.

And this statement right here shows there is no point in attempting to have a rational discussion with you. Holy fucking stone age.

This is really about pushing the NAMBLA agenda to get society to accept homosexuals and pedophilia.

LOL, the NAMBLA agenda? LMAO. Awesome.

How does the "NAMBLA Agenda" affect you directly?

Yes, you are right. The essential struggle is to afford GLBT people the exact same civil rights you have. Was this clouded in mystery for you until now?

No, thats not what I said.

They have the same civil rights as everyone else already. :cuckoo:

Getting a few tax perks from the government because of having a married status isn't a "civil right". :lol:

Wow, what a sick individual you must be. NAMBLA wants it to be legal to rape little boys. I would think all of society would have a problem with that. But, apparently there are exceptions....like you.

blow me

No, thats not what I said.

They have the same civil rights as everyone else already. :cuckoo:

Getting a few tax perks from the government because of having a married status isn't a "civil right". :lol:

Yes it is. So is deciding end of life care for your spouse, inheriting his property, receiving survivor's benefits from social security, insuring his life and a bazillion other legal effects of being married.

And this statement right here shows there is no point in attempting to have a rational discussion with you. Holy fucking stone age.

Well if I am so in the stone age, why doesn't the Democratic Party run on the platform of allowing fighting to allow homosexuals the right to adopt children. I'm sure ya'll will win landslides. :lol:

blow me

I'd like to hurt theHawk. Can I? Huh? I'll pay good money for the privilege. Honest.

blow me

No thanks, I'm not a homo. :lol:

Wow, what a sick individual you must be. NAMBLA wants it to be legal to rape little boys. I would think all of society would have a problem with that. But, apparently there are exceptions....like you.

The scary thing is, I don't know if you're serious or not. :confused:

Well if I am so in the stone age, why doesn't the Democratic Party run on the platform of allowing fighting to allow homosexuals the right to adopt children. I'm sure ya'll will win landslides. :lol:

What a waste of space you are, theHawk. You obviously do not shit from shinola about pedophilia. A healthy, adjusted gay man is no threat to children anymore than a healthy adjusted straight man is.

Forum List

Back