Ck

"Because some perma-banned members don't deserve the privilege of posting on USMB ever again."

It's not about being deserving, is it?

There are people who have behaved extremely badly who are back now. Scary people.

And some people banned for recruitment, for example, are welcomed back while others banned for recruitment are undeserving of ever coming back?

What makes the ones allowed back deserving?

Posting on the board is a privilege granted by the boards owners. They don't have to explain why they give that privilege to some but not to others. But it's not about being deserving. Pretending that it is, is a recipe for frustration.
I don't know who the scary people are, but we can definitely talk about the "scary people" who were allowed back via PM (I don't want to drag them through the mud here) So PM me who you are talking about. I cannot recall me personally reinstating a perma-banned member BUT I may have, I just honestly do not remember. Perhaps you sending names my way will jog my memory.

In regards to recruitment to other forums and why some were let back. Every circumstance is different. Joe and Sam recruited members to AmeliasArmchair.org., both were banned. Sam has been nothing but a pain in the fucking ass, breaking rules, disrupting the forums and generally has a "rap sheet" a mile long. In other words he has no respect for the forums, it's members or staff. Joe on the other hand broke some rules occasionally, received a couple warnings, but generally tried to conform to the forum guidelines.

Both are up for review. Well Sam has pretty much no respect for anything and already proved it so is he deserving of another chance? Most of us on staff would say no way. Once you deal with a problematic member who shows no respect for anything and continually breaks rules, it's really a no brainer. Joe on the other hand may turn out ok. He's reinstated, told not to recruit again and we see how it goes. These are the kinds of decisions we have to make.

Anyway hit me up via PM in regards to the "scary people" I'd be more than happy to talk to you about them.

I do not get this. A thread where you can question the admin/mods and you people concern yourself with rep?

why not ask hard questions?

why are people banned and not told by whom or for what reason?
People are banned for a variety of reasons. When a member is banned a reason is given to THAT member. If they want to share it upon their return they may do so via PM to those that want to know. It's not our place to disclose bans.

why are people still perma banned when you have given clemency to others?
Because some perma-banned members don't deserve the privilege of posting on USMB ever again.

why not lift all perma bans?
See above

why is mass negging now allowed?
Mass negging will go on and there's no way to regulate/mod it. If someone makes an idiotic statement (anothers opinion) who's to say it can't be negged by people that find it idiotic? We can't/won't micromanage negs. The 2/48 rule does that for us.

why are rep exchange threads flourishing?
Don't know of or pay attention to "rep exchange threads" Not our business and not of importance. We have a forum to run and spend our time and resources on issues of importance. Drama, cliques, rep exchange threads etc are rated a zero (0) on the priority scale

answers are in red.....

we both know i have been banned with no reason given......now dont we?

I do not get this. A thread where you can question the admin/mods and you people concern yourself with rep?

why not ask hard questions?

why are people banned and not told by whom or for what reason?
People are banned for a variety of reasons. When a member is banned a reason is given to THAT member. If they want to share it upon their return they may do so via PM to those that want to know. It's not our place to disclose bans.

why are people still perma banned when you have given clemency to others?
Because some perma-banned members don't deserve the privilege of posting on USMB ever again.

why not lift all perma bans?
See above

why is mass negging now allowed?
Mass negging will go on and there's no way to regulate/mod it. If someone makes an idiotic statement (anothers opinion) who's to say it can't be negged by people that find it idiotic? We can't/won't micromanage negs. The 2/48 rule does that for us.

why are rep exchange threads flourishing?
Don't know of or pay attention to "rep exchange threads" Not our business and not of importance. We have a forum to run and spend our time and resources on issues of importance. Drama, cliques, rep exchange threads etc are rated a zero (0) on the priority scale

answers are in red.....

we both know i have been banned with no reason given......now dont we?
This isn't about you right now sb, but you were given a reason. This isn't the time or place to discuss your personal matters. We have PM's for that. share them if you'd like too. not that I need to tell you that :)

"Because some perma-banned members don't deserve the privilege of posting on USMB ever again."

There are people who have behaved extremely badly who are back now. Scary people.

And some people banned for recruitment, for example, are welcomed back while others banned for recruitment are undeserving of ever coming back?

Posting on the board is a privilege granted by the boards owners. They don't have to explain why they give that privilege to some but not to others. But it's not about being deserving. Pretending that it is, is a recipe for frustration.
I don't know who the scary people are, but we can definitely talk about the "scary people" who were allowed back via PM (I don't want to drag them through the mud here) So PM me who you are talking about. I cannot recall me personally reinstating a perma-banned member BUT I may have, I just honestly do not remember. Perhaps you sending names my way will jog my memory.

In regards to recruitment to other forums and why some were let back. Every circumstance is different. Joe and Sam recruited members to AmeliasArmchair.org., both were banned. Sam has been nothing but a pain in the fucking ass, breaking rules, disrupting the forums and generally has a "rap sheet" a mile long. In other words he has no respect for the forums, it's members or staff. Joe on the other hand broke some rules occasionally, received a couple warnings, but generally tried to conform to the forum guidelines.

Both are up for review. Well Sam has pretty much no respect for anything and already proved it so is he deserving of another chance? Most of us on staff would say no way. Once you deal with a problematic member who shows no respect for anything and continually breaks rules, it's really a no brainer. Joe on the other hand may turn out ok. He's reinstated, told not to recruit again and we see how it goes. These are the kinds of decisions we have to make.

Anyway hit me up via PM in regards to the "scary people" I'd be more than happy to talk to you about them.

Oh brother, the Sams are invited back more than the Joes are. People with rap sheet to the moon are allowed back over and over while their rap sheet grows longer, and people who had no problems ever except for one spell of frustration in response to what was a very frustrating period on this site are gone forever.

But I can see that you are determined to continue to act as if this is a matter of "deserving" and will try to pretend that there is consistency where there is absolutely none.

I've talked to you about some of the scary people, via PM, and you were dishonest about them. You went out of your way to obfuscate matters.

I've had good convos with you. I'm not claiming that it's all bad.

But it's not consistent. No way. No how. Not close.

Oh brother, the Sams are invited back more than the Joes are. People with rap sheet to the moon are allowed back over and over while their rap sheet grows longer, and people who had no problems ever except for one spell of frustration in response to what was a very frustrating period on this site are gone forever.

But I can see that you are determined to continue to act as if this is a matter of "deserving" and will try to pretend that there is consistency where there is absolutely none.

I've talked to you about some of the scary people, via PM, and you were dishonest about them. You went out of your way to obfuscate matters.

I've had good convos with you. I'm not claiming that it's all bad.

But it's not consistent. No way. No how. Not close.
That's your opinion and I will respect it.

You said in the What Would You Be Banned For thread that you welcome input and honest suggestions or questions are welcomed. So...I am going to take you up on that offer and ask something that has bugged me for some time although I can live with it no matter your decision.

Why do we have rep?

Edited because it was a mini novella.
Rep in forums is what dark matter is to the Universe......

Good to go?

Wow! Autocorrect is harsh. :lol:

I will sell some rep.. I think I will keep my son.

Sent from my iPhone using the tears of Raider's fans.

Yeah, we really know what you meant.

Maybe not today. He is tired and cranky. It's either sell him or early bed time. Of course these are the nights I find him curled up in a chair asleep by 630.

Mine had a problem of wanting to stay up all night and play video games. I put an end to that..

you make these blanket statements and expect everyone to fall in line...be the statement true or not
I don't expect anyone to fall in line. You ask questions, I give answers. Either you like them or you don't.

I usually save this for Connery but,,

th

What about you stripping after a 1000 rep points???
An answer would be great. Oh! And you don't have to go full Monty.

Yeah, we really know what you meant.

Maybe not today. He is tired and cranky. It's either sell him or early bed time. Of course these are the nights I find him curled up in a chair asleep by 630.

Mine had a problem of wanting to stay up all night and play video games. I put an end to that..

My son can't do that. He just falls asleep. Last night he was asleep by 740. That is what happens when you go 100 mph all day. He eats non stop and he looks like I starve him.

What about you stripping after a 1000 rep points???
An answer would be great. Oh! And you don't have to go full Monty.

You're place or mine baby? ;)

What I want to know is why Intense deleted my OJ picture in TK's Black History Month topic, only to use it as his own avatar later on? :eusa_eh:

I ain't Intense, but I might have the answer.

"Cuz he could".

When I ran my board, folks asked me why I did a lot of things. I got so tired of being asked, I just started saying "Cuz I can". Thats when I knew I was done. And Intense is no longer a mod either. Maybe he was just done, too.

Everyone reaches that point eventually, hon. Sometimes I regret things. Most times not.

I ain't Intense, but I might have the answer.

"Cuz he could".

When I ran my board, folks asked me why I did a lot of things. I got so tired of being asked, I just started saying "Cuz I can". Thats when I knew I was done. And Intense is no longer a mod either. Maybe he was just done, too.

Everyone reaches that point eventually, hon. Sometimes I regret things. Most times not.

3toarf.jpg

:tongue:

:smiliehug:

What I don't understand is all these questions about why is this done and why isn't this done....the way I look at it, if I don't like something about a Forum, I don't participate in that forum anymore....but to try and hold owners and Admin to certain personal expectations of how a Forum is supposed to be run is a tad presumptuous.

If you don't like the Rep system and how it is used, have it taken away....there is that option, and many have opted for it. The majority of ones that claim that rep is not important to them, are the ones that ride those that opted not to play, for not playing. So, if it is not important, then why care if someone doesn't want to participate in it.

We have a set of rules....those that break them face consequences. Why is it important for the rest of us to know why they were banned? It's not like they are going to admit that they broke a rule, they're going to try and sugar coat it and make you think the board is unfair...

My advice, if you don't like it here, go find another place...there's lot's of forums and they are all run differently, and believe me, none of them offer perfect management that everybody is happy with.

What I don't understand is all these questions about why is this done and why isn't this done....the way I look at it, if I don't like something about a Forum, I don't participate in that forum anymore....but to try and hold owners and Admin to certain personal expectations of how a Forum is supposed to be run is a tad presumptuous.

If you don't like the Rep system and how it is used, have it taken away....there is that option, and many have opted for it. The majority of ones that claim that rep is not important to them, are the ones that ride those that opted not to play, for not playing. So, if it is not important, then why care if someone doesn't want to participate in it.

We have a set of rules....those that break them face consequences. Why is it important for the rest of us to know why they were banned? It's not like they are going to admit that they broke a rule, they're going to try and sugar coat it and make you think the board is unfair...

My advice, if you don't like it here, go find another place...there's lot's of forums and they are all run differently, and believe me, none of them offer perfect management that everybody is happy with.

I'm trying to derail a sensible thread with stupid questions. Quit ruining it for me, Mertex. :(

Forum List

Back