Ck

In my mind, CK is hawt. Funny how we picture everyone although we may have not seen pics. I guess I go with personalities and the choice of avies when I let my imagination loose.

Plus, that is a damn pretty good suck up there ^ iffen I do say so myself. :lol:

That's a good thing, the sleeping curled up in a chair by 6:30. Innit? Or will he be wide awake at 2am? :eek:

530am.
But I am wide awake by 5am. I have tomorrow off, but I will still wake up early. Ugh

Sent from my iPhone using the tears of Raider's fans.

Good then, that you will be up at 5am. Beats waking up to him already deciding to make Mommy breakfast and you seeing a...um..hurricane hit your kitchen. :lol:

hmmmm you might be on to something. Maybe we can set them up like Bing Rewards and open up a virtual store. 1000 rep points buys you a bag of M&M's or something :lol:

A bag of M&M's?

Only 1000?

I'll become a rep whore for that:eusa_angel:

1000 and male mods strip.
CK looks like he might have a nice body.

You're on.

Is there some kind of software available for male mod strips?

That's a good thing, the sleeping curled up in a chair by 6:30. Innit? Or will he be wide awake at 2am? :eek:

530am.

But I am wide awake by 5am. I have tomorrow off, but I will still wake up early. Ugh

Good then, that you will be up at 5am. Beats waking up to him already deciding to make Mommy breakfast and you seeing a...um..hurricane hit your kitchen. :lol:

Breaking his arm stopped that. Last year about this time he woke up early, I was half awake in the other room and I hear him crash off the counter.... Two screws in the elbow later, and he hasn't climbed on a counter since.
He might not have broke it if he had let go of the chocolate chips he had snuck out of the cupboard. Now he wakes me up if he wakes up first. Lol

You said in the What Would You Be Banned For thread that you welcome input and honest suggestions or questions are welcomed. So...I am going to take you up on that offer and ask something that has bugged me for some time although I can live with it no matter your decision.

Why do we have rep?

Edited because it was a mini novella.

We had rep before CK got here. Forum software has rep. It is the way it is.

stop whining about rep

You said in the What Would You Be Banned For thread that you welcome input and honest suggestions or questions are welcomed. So...I am going to take you up on that offer and ask something that has bugged me for some time although I can live with it no matter your decision.

Why do we have rep?

We had rep before CK got here. Forum software has rep. It is the way it is.

stop whining about rep

Don't make me go find where you are talking about the same thing everyone else is talking about...which is not necessarily whining. Do you like egg on your face? :lol:
Need salt and pepper to go with it?

Why do we have rep?

Just my opinion. I think that there is "rep" because it serves the "hierarchy of needs" instinct.

For the most part, we are all strangers in this forum, and all that we have to judge one another by is the percieved quality of what we post.

That being said, some of the elements of those needs are self acualization,and esteem.

So being met with approval in a forum of strangers is expressed in the form of "rep", and is gratifying to some.

And for those who disagree, and decide to neg me for it....remember I stated "some", not all.....Lol!

I do not get this. A thread where you can question the admin/mods and you people concern yourself with rep?

why not ask hard questions?

why are people banned and not told by whom or for what reason?

why are people still perma banned when you have given clemency to others?

why not lift all perma bans?

why is mass negging now allowed?

why are rep exchange threads flourishing?

the list goes on and on....

why has this board devolved into 'storm front' light?

seems conflict is encouraged and growing the board is put above the integrity of the board

not that this board was big on integrity but it was big on being constant in the handling of matters which is not occurring now

I do not get this. A thread where you can question the admin/mods and you people concern yourself with rep?

the list goes on and on....

This is just a totally wild shot in the dark, but maybe because Gracie asked a question about rep and created this thread about it?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/announcements-and-feedback/340848-ck.html#post8639984

Hmmmm.....

I have seen no mass negging. Were it happening, surely it would show up in the Repository. Why are no such things being reported in the Repository?

Where are these rep exchanges? Can I sign up for one? :D

As for perma-bans, just a totally crazy thought: ever occur to you that there may be a grievious reason for why a member was perma-banned in the first place?

I DO agree with you about the being banned but not told thing:

[MENTION=36528]cereal_killer[/MENTION] - since every member who signs up must supply an email address, why not send the banned member an email and let him know why the ban occurred plus the duration of the ban? Or does this happen already? If the ban is per pm but the person is banned, he cannot read the reason why until after coming back, right?

Also, I have seen that other forums offer a grievance email address for people who are banned, so that they can at least communicate with the admin during their, uh, vacation. I've seen one website that calls it "Banned Camp" :)

An email address could look something like

[email protected].... :D

Or better yet:

Stats46socks@.....

What you think??

:rofl:

Last edited:

Why do we have rep?

gracies question was about rep....mine is not

Actually, I do agree with some of the questions Bones said need to be addressed. I love it here at USMB. I like every one of the mods and I think admin has done a great job in choosing the right people. However, some need to be permabanned because they just flat cannot control themselves..hence the stormfront attitudes.

Also
1. "why are people banned and not told by whom or for what reason?"
2. "why is mass negging now allowed?" (and yes, mass negging IS going on).

Running a board is a pain in the ass. So many people. So many differing views to "manage". Can't make everyone happy with every decision. Damned if you do, damned if you don't sorta thing.
I think the biggest culprit is the rep system. I really do. Can't mass neg or have rep circles if there is no rep at all. Just a Thank You button or a No Thank You button.
Freedom of speech is another slippery slope. If everyone agreed, this board would die. But the filth could be cleaned up. The board could use the language filter for some words nobody needs to have to see. Shit, damn, hell, ass, etc are commonly used. N word, C word, etc...those could be filtered.

I wouldn't want to be in CK or Connery's shoes. Nope. BTDT before. I do not have the patience any more. Did it for a couple of years and turned my hair gray and probably fried a few brain cells to boot. But they are doing the best they can. And...most importantly..it is their beach and their waves. I oblige their rules because I like it here.

Maybe a happy medium can be put in place. 3 warnings, banned for 3 months. No temp ban. 3 months. If they are allowed back and do the same crap..then permaban them.

But again..these are just suggestions and I will go along with whatever admin thinks is best for the majority regardless of how long some have been here or who is "most popular" and other such things to consider. Why? Cuz I call this place home although I get frustrated with it.

Having the Lounge helps A LOT. We have a place to be protected and this board can grow even bigger with it in place. But not when people don't stay and they don't stay because they get neg'd. Which brings me back to the core problem. Rep system.

People are banned for a variety of reasons. When a member is banned a reason is given to THAT member. If they want to share it upon their return they may do so via PM to those that want to know. It's not our place to disclose bans.

Because some perma-banned members don't deserve the privilege of posting on USMB ever again.

See above

Mass negging will go on and there's no way to regulate/mod it. If someone makes an idiotic statement (anothers opinion) who's to say it can't be negged by people that find it idiotic? We can't/won't micromanage negs. The 2/48 rule does that for us.

Don't know of or pay attention to "rep exchange threads" Not our business and not of importance. We have a forum to run and spend our time and resources on issues of importance. Drama, cliques, rep exchange threads etc are rated a zero (0) on the priority scale

answers are in red.....

"Because some perma-banned members don't deserve the privilege of posting on USMB ever again."

It's not about being deserving, is it?

There are people who have behaved extremely badly who are back now. Scary people.

And some people banned for recruitment, for example, are welcomed back while others banned for recruitment are undeserving of ever coming back?

What makes the ones allowed back deserving?

Posting on the board is a privilege granted by the boards owners. They don't have to explain why they give that privilege to some but not to others. But it's not about being deserving. Pretending that it is, is a recipe for frustration.

Last edited:
"Because some perma-banned members don't deserve the privilege of posting on USMB ever again."

It's not about being deserving, is it?

There are people who have behaved extremely badly who are back now. Scary people.

And some people banned for recruitment, for example, are welcomed back while others banned for recruitment are undeserving of ever coming back?

What makes the ones allowed back deserving?

Posting on the board is a privilege granted by the boards owners. They don't have to explain why they give that privilege to some but not to others. But it's not about being deserving. Pretending that it is, is a recipe for frustration.

The bolded: got some examples to go with that glass of Whine?

Forum List

Back