Ck

What I don't understand is all these questions about why is this done and why isn't this done....the way I look at it, if I don't like something about a Forum, I don't participate in that forum anymore....but to try and hold owners and Admin to certain personal expectations of how a Forum is supposed to be run is a tad presumptuous.

If you don't like the Rep system and how it is used, have it taken away....there is that option, and many have opted for it. The majority of ones that claim that rep is not important to them, are the ones that ride those that opted not to play, for not playing. So, if it is not important, then why care if someone doesn't want to participate in it.

We have a set of rules....those that break them face consequences. Why is it important for the rest of us to know why they were banned? It's not like they are going to admit that they broke a rule, they're going to try and sugar coat it and make you think the board is unfair...

My advice, if you don't like it here, go find another place...there's lot's of forums and they are all run differently, and believe me, none of them offer perfect management that everybody is happy with.

I'm trying to derail a sensible thread with stupid questions. Quit ruining it for me, Mertex. :(

Dang, I'm still trying to find a new avi for you.......:D

Batman's Joker wold be PERFECT for him (Jim Carey). Oh so lovable, but can be sooooooo...what's the word I want? :lol:

Batman's Joker wold be PERFECT for him (Jim Carey). Oh so lovable, but can be sooooooo...what's the word I want? :lol:

You are thinking of the Riddler. Jack Nicholson and Heith Ledger were the most recent Jokers. Don't make mistakes like that around a Batman nerd like me. :tongue:

batman_jim_carrey_riddler-505x325.jpg

you make these blanket statements and expect everyone to fall in line...be the statement true or not
I don't expect anyone to fall in line. You ask questions, I give answers. Either you like them or you don't.
No matter how you moderate you will be accused of inconsistency. But in addition to a rules thread you need a legal liability thread to explain what bans you can or cannot comment on to a third party. Wishing death to anyone on or not on this forum can lead to a visit by a federal law enforcement agency, even an annoying household pet who is named after a living current or retired federal elected federal official could trigger an investigation. You might want to point that. There's always someone who doesn't get the word.

By the way what is getting pinked?

Pinked means that person is banned. For how long, depends on the admin.

Message boards are not a democracy. If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with sorta thing. Frankly, I love it here. And I have the backs of ALL the mods and admins. Each and every one of them is a far cry better than what was here before. Excellent, in my opinion.

you make these blanket statements and expect everyone to fall in line...be the statement true or not
I don't expect anyone to fall in line. You ask questions, I give answers. Either you like them or you don't.
No matter how you moderate you will be accused of inconsistency. But in addition to a rules thread you need a legal liability thread to explain what bans you can or cannot comment on to a third party. Wishing death to anyone on or not on this forum can lead to a visit by a federal law enforcement agency, even an annoying household pet who is named after a living current or retired federal elected federal official could trigger an investigation. You might want to point that. There's always someone who doesn't get the word.

When someone gets banned their username is shown in pink letters. Anyone with pink usernames are banned, either temp or perm. Don't make reference to them by name.

When someone gets banned their username is shown in pink letters. Anyone with pink usernames are banned, either temp or perm. Don't make reference to them by name.
OK, that's cleared up.

Riddler. Yes! Except you don't riddle. You just are unique, aaron. You have a wit that not everyone gets. Sometimes I don't get it either, lol.

You said in the What Would You Be Banned For thread that you welcome input and honest suggestions or questions are welcomed. So...I am going to take you up on that offer and ask something that has bugged me for some time although I can live with it no matter your decision.

Why do we have rep?

Edited because it was a mini novella.

Rep is a valuable thing. I only need a couple hundred more rep points and I can cash them in for a set of china.
hmmmm you might be on to something. Maybe we can set them up like Bing Rewards and open up a virtual store. 1000 rep points buys you a bag of M&M's or something :lol:

will those rewards be retroactive?

I think a better question would be, why do we worry so much about rep?

Maybe some are a bit envious/jealous of the rep some on here have. Some may consider it to be a popularity contest as well. Besides, if some didn't have rep to complain about, what would they talk about on here?

Maybe some are a bit envious/jealous of the rep some on here have. Some may consider it to be a popularity contest as well. Besides, if some didn't have rep to complain about, what would they talk about on here?

i never really took the rep too seriously, but now that i am hearing M&M's might be available I may have to reconsider my stance on it :eusa_whistle:

i never really took the rep too seriously, but now that i am hearing M&M's might be available I may have to reconsider my stance on it :eusa_whistle:

We should all invest in M&M stock if that happens. :)

Lol, that's a good question. It's a good idea in general; it's a social function. The problem is that partisans can and do use it as a tool against those they don't particularly agree with; doing that cheapens the concept, maybe? Wonder what would happen if members had to give valid reasons for negging others, rather than "Nuh-uh!!!" I still think the positives outweigh the negatives.

:smiliehug:

Well I just bumped you from 690 to 704.

I won't be suggesting as their is a fiery angel who makes sure none of my suggestions are ever implemented no matter how good they are.

It adds another level of entertainment around here.

As does the chat room. Is there still a chat room?

Yes.....and I finally got a "box" to chat in/with/from.....if you have it, it should be right above the "office USMB line" and below the donation greeting......

Forum List

Back