Christians need to know the difference between acceptance and tolerance

They are not the fucking same, I don't have to accept Christians and Christian behavior in order to be tolerant of it. If I don't harass, bother, discriminate, or physically assault anyone and treat them with respect when I do have to interact with them I am being tolerant. Get over it and stop trying to force people to accept your bullshit.

Odd..

The dictionary uses "acceptance" as the definition of tolerance...

define tolerant - Bing DICTIONARY

1. accepting different views: accepting the differing views of other people, e.g. in religious or political matters, and treating the people who hold these different views fairly
That isn't how it was meant, however. And I'm not really sure how it was originally meant as I am merely aping a homophobic bigot's thread.

I took it to mean that accept meant "welcome with open arms" while tolerate meant "hold your nose and look the other way and not say anything."

Since accept and tolerate are the same, the word you're probably looking for is "indifferent"...

Last I checked no one was trying to force people to convert to Christianity and no one was trying to force people to get gay married.

No... the left just wants Christians to start endorsing their sex habits and to endorse gay marriage.

If you don't believe me...
Look at how Dan Cathy was treated by several liberal Democratic mayors… it was un-American what those men did to him.

Its not enough to accept it and to tolerate it...
No one wants to force you to endorse gay marriage.

So you are saying that Rahm Emanuel and Thomas M. Menino didnt say Chic Fil A was not welcome in their communities?
You are also saying that gays didnt accuse them of being "hateful" towards them?

All this because Dan Cathy didnt endorse gay marriage, and instead supports traditional marriage...

Yeah you can say no one wants to force us to endorse gay marriage all ya want... I know differently.

They are not the fucking same, I don't have to accept Christians and Christian behavior in order to be tolerant of it. If I don't harass, bother, discriminate, or physically assault anyone and treat them with respect when I do have to interact with them I am being tolerant. Get over it and stop trying to force people to accept your bullshit.

Odd..

The dictionary uses "acceptance" as the definition of tolerance...

define tolerant - Bing DICTIONARY

1. accepting different views: accepting the differing views of other people, e.g. in religious or political matters, and treating the people who hold these different views fairly
That isn't how it was meant, however. And I'm not really sure how it was originally meant as I am merely aping a homophobic bigot's thread.

I took it to mean that accept meant "welcome with open arms" while tolerate meant "hold your nose and look the other way and not say anything."

So now everyone has to like as well as tolerate it...?

Now who is forcing ones beliefs on who?

Like I said... to "welcome with open arms" is the same as to endorse it.

Thats not likely to happen anytime soon.

Good enough.

In our modern world, Christians have to understand that they are a prominent religion, but not the only religion. Religion is a choice, but there should not be campaigning like "Tebowing". Also, Christians should not thrust their views on anyone. I've never seen any Jewish people thrusting their religion on people.

So you are saying a football player cant bow a knee in prayer or thanks to his creator.. in public view?

Who is being intolerant now?

He can crawl on his belly to the huddle if he wants to. I am free to think that would be silly.

No... the left just wants Christians to start endorsing their sex habits and to endorse gay marriage.

If you don't believe me...
Look at how Dan Cathy was treated by several liberal Democratic mayors… it was un-American what those men did to him.

Its not enough to accept it and to tolerate it...

So you are saying that Rahm Emanuel and Thomas M. Menino didnt say Chic Fil A was not welcome in their communities?
You are also saying that gays didnt accuse them of being "hateful" towards them?

All this because Dan Cathy didnt endorse gay marriage, and instead supports traditional marriage...

Yeah you can say no one wants to force us to endorse gay marriage all ya want... I know differently.
I do not support anyone attempting to bar chick-fil-a from opening. Everything I have read since from both the left and the right from CNN to fox, everyone has said its not just illegal but silly and wrong.

No one is forcing you to accept homosexuality.
No one is forcing you to welcome homosexuals into your home or your church.
No one is forcing you to marry someone of the same gender

However you do not get to deny someone else rights because their lifestyle is morally wrong according to your religion.

I do not support anyone attempting to bar chick-fil-a from opening. Everything I have read since from both the left and the right from CNN to fox, everyone has said its not just illegal but silly and wrong.

However you do not get to deny someone else rights because their lifestyle is morally wrong according to your religion.

Can you cite relevant examples of this happening?

If you don't know then I doubt me pointing it out would help you.

If you don't know then I doubt me pointing it out would help you.

Your claim, your burden.
:eusa_hand:

It's okay to just say "no"

Last time I checked, Dan Cathy has no power to stop anyone from doing anything...

Frankly neither do I...

Last time I checked, Dan Cathy has no power to stop anyone from doing anything...

Frankly neither do I...

I'm sure you've already heard that chick-fil-a donates to groups who are active in fighting against equal rights for the gay community.

Of course you have that power. It's your wallet and your vote. When you donate to organizations who fight for or against equal rights or vote for candidates who support one cause or the other, youre wielding that power to shape our country.

I'm sure you've already heard that chick-fil-a donates to groups who are active in fighting against equal rights for the gay community.

Of course you have that power. It's your wallet and your vote. When you donate to organizations who fight for or against equal rights or vote for candidates who support one cause or the other, youre wielding that power to shape our country.

The gay community has equal rights.

Pretending otherwise is just pathetic.

The gay community has equal rights.

Pretending otherwise is just pathetic.

Nonsense.

However that's not the point of this thread.

Amy Nation..... interesting nic. Did you spell it wrong? They can fix that ya know.

Forum List

Back