Christians need to know the difference between acceptance and tolerance

I'm sure you've already heard that chick-fil-a donates to groups who are active in fighting against equal rights for the gay community.

Of course you have that power. It's your wallet and your vote. When you donate to organizations who fight for or against equal rights or vote for candidates who support one cause or the other, youre wielding that power to shape our country.

The gay community has equal rights.

Pretending otherwise is just pathetic.

Nonsense.

However that's not the point of this thread.

There isnt a single right I have that a gay person doesn't have or vice versa.

The gay community has equal rights.

Pretending otherwise is just pathetic.

Nonsense.

bullshit and it's disingenuous at best for you to keep insisting that it's true.

if they can't marry who they love, then they are second class citizens.

please spare me the usual bullshit about polygamy, animals and incest.

They are not the fucking same, I don't have to accept Christians and Christian behavior in order to be tolerant of it. If I don't harass, bother, discriminate, or physically assault anyone and treat them with respect when I do have to interact with them I am being tolerant. Get over it and stop trying to force people to accept your bullshit.

Dear Ravi: As you will find out by interacting with people you can't stand much less tolerate, I trust you will discover as I have that anything we have not fully forgiven and let go of emotionally WILL cause you (or me) to project that bias onto others. It's just how human conscience is designed. We suffer this from whatever we can't forgive and let go, in order to learn the consequences of our action, even the most subtle subconscious decisions we make in the back of our minds not to fully forgive and let go yet!

People respond to nonverbal cues and communication, even reading between the lines when we didn't directly say this or that.

Ravi I think you know this by now
but this process of projection gets convulated quickly when everyone does it at the same time!
It becomes impossible to tell who was reacting to who, and who projected first,
to instigate this attack insult or "generalization" that escalated from there.

The only way I know to end the mutual fingerpointing contest
is to forgive each person and each instance FULLY (without
condition, not saying I will do this if that person does that, etc.)

mutual tolerance is one step, and an important one to start,
but it is not enough to finish the whole process, the emotions underneath of resentment
or "keeping score of who owes what correction before letting it go"
will keep projecting and coloring whatever you (or I) talk about or look at,
even msgs we read.

So I encouarge you to do more than tolerate
but really do the hard work it takes to forgive and let go of resentment
of people or groups you have the hardest time tolerating.

You will become a more and more effective and influential person
the more you replace these resentments with the choice to
forgive and correct the problems bothering you (that also bother me).

I have to constantly let go and forgive layer after layer
or these problems would eat me up!

TAke care Ravi and take heart and courage in
everything you do to overcome the very things you can't stand.

Best wishes and pls know you have my support.

Last edited:
Nonsense.

bullshit and it's disingenuous at best for you to keep insisting that it's true.

Marriage isn't defined by love.

I can't marry a man any more than any other man can. It's the exact same right here.

Marriage isn't defined by love.

I can't marry a man any more than any other man can. It's the exact same right here.

what then is the reason to get married?

men can marry men, just not in your state, i assume.

how would your marriage be diminished by same sex marriage?

Dear Del and Avatar:
yes and no.
i agree with Del that it is not equal for the state to recognize marriage of hetero couples and not recognize marriage of homosexual couples.
However
(1) such couples DO have equal right to get married under the church of their choice, which is technically outside the jursidiction of govt. It happens that our laws are biased to include marriage because the people who wrote and support those laws APPROVE of endorsing heterosexual marriage though this is in fact a religious institution. We never questioned this before, because most people agreed; the reason we allow religious based laws (not only marriage but things like the death penalty as religious in nature) is that people AGREE to let the state have that jurisdiction. So now this issue has come up that people DONT agree with the status quo. So technically, either marriage should be removed from state jurisdiction if ppl don't agree religiously, or substitute civil unions or marital contracts, or agree to expand marriage by the state to include homosexual couples etc. Since it is religious, people have to agree or the bias is unfair to dissenting beliefs.
(2) It is JUST AS WRONGFUL to impose a law through the state EITHER including homosexual marriages if people of that state disagree religiously OR EXCLUDING such marriages if people of that state disagree. Because the state cannot be abused to IMPOSE a religious bias EITHER WAY. state laws can be passed if people AGREE to let something religious be endorsed by the state so it is not imposed but freely agreed upon as law.

Even though the laws are unequal, it is equally wrong to try to correct it by committing the same wrong. The whole issue of marriage under the state should be decided by consensus or else remove it from state jurisdiction and keep marriage under church where it belongs! That would solve everything!

They are not the fucking same, I don't have to accept Christians and Christian behavior in order to be tolerant of it. If I don't harass, bother, discriminate, or physically assault anyone and treat them with respect when I do have to interact with them I am being tolerant. Get over it and stop trying to force people to accept your bullshit.

What is the difference between "acceptance and tolerance" in the minds of bigoted anti-Christians?

Christians want you to accept their intolerance. They believe it's what their God would want even though he's never talked to a single one.

marriage is a civil contract and has been for hundreds of years.

to simply say the state shouldn't be in the marriage business is more disingenuity.

laws and rights are not achieved by consensus.

Christians want you to accept their intolerance. They believe it's what their God would want even though he's never talked to a single one.

And what would you know about who God has talked to? If you bothered listening, you would hear His voice too.

to simply say the state shouldn't be in the marriage business is more disingenuity.

No one is stopping anyone from entering into a private contractual relationship with anyone. That doesn't mean the government needs to recognize it. Nor that we should redefine marriage to call something that isnt a marriage a marriage.

If we passed a law to call all cats dogs, would a cat become a dog, or would it still be a cat?

No one is stopping anyone from entering into a private contractual relationship with anyone. That doesn't mean the government needs to recognize it. Nor that we should redefine marriage to call something that isnt a marriage a marriage.

If we passed a law to call all cats dogs, would a cat become a dog, or would it still be a cat?

if the govt doesn't recognize it, there's no point to it.

i'd have some respect for you guys if you spent as much time fighting divorce as you do ssm.

your marriage must be pretty fragile if two strangers getting married threaten it.

And what would you know about who God has talked to? If you bothered listening, you would hear His voice too.

I'm guessing if he talked, he wouldn't say, "Feed the poor and they'll breed" or "let him die", but it's all academic. Since people who hear voices wear nice white jackets.

crazy-guy-in-straight-jacket.jpg

Physician, heal thyself.

It's fine if you have one
It's fine if you're proud of it
But please don't whip it out in public and start waving it around
And please don't try to shove it down my throat.

Kind of like those little crosses Christians wear around their necks? Or Tebowing....don't get me started. :eusa_hand:
A cross offends you? Someone glorifying God offends you?

What a whiny little bitch you are.

In our modern world, Christians have to understand that they are a prominent religion, but not the only religion. Religion is a choice, but there should not be campaigning like "Tebowing". Also, Christians should not thrust their views on anyone. I've never seen any Jewish people thrusting their religion on people.
Christians have a right to express their thanks to God in public.

Period.

It's fine if you have one
It's fine if you're proud of it
But please don't whip it out in public and start waving it around
And please don't try to shove it down my throat.

Kind of like those little crosses Christians wear around their necks? Or Tebowing....don't get me started. :eusa_hand:
A cross offends you? Someone glorifying God offends you?

What a whiny little bitch you are.

brilliant retort, braveman

In our modern world, Christians have to understand that they are a prominent religion, but not the only religion. Religion is a choice, but there should not be campaigning like "Tebowing". Also, Christians should not thrust their views on anyone. I've never seen any Jewish people thrusting their religion on people.

So you are saying a football player cant bow a knee in prayer or thanks to his creator.. in public view?

Who is being intolerant now?

He can crawl on his belly to the huddle if he wants to. I am free to think that would be silly.
He's not really concerned with what you think about it.

Forum List

Back