Choosing Heterosexuality

Since many people here believe that one's sexual orientation is a choice....I would like to hear some of your heterosexual "coming out" stories.

When did you choose to hetero?

What do you think it was that caused you to make that choice?
Heterosexuality is not a choice, it is Gods plan. Homosexuality is a choice, and an abomination.

Which god? There are so many with so many rules...that often contradict each other.....and an artificial construct even.

Since many people here believe that one's sexual orientation is a choice....I would like to hear some of your heterosexual "coming out" stories.

Heterosexuality is not a choice, it is Gods plan. Homosexuality is a choice, and an abomination.

Which god? There are so many with so many rules...that often contradict each other.....and an artificial construct even.

I think all the gods should be put in a cage and made to fight it out until one is the winner.
He will be proclaimed 'THE TRUE GOD'.

Imagine the entry in the corresponding holy book (Bible, Koran, Torah, whatever...).

It would be the television event of the millennium!

You sorry you are an idiot? You are wrong, gay is a choice, normal is from birth.
Presuming you are a normal heterosexual male, therefore able to choose to be otherwise, can you imagine yourself making love to another male? If so, how comfortable are you with such imagery?

You've created a false dichotemy here.

You are assuming that you can only choose homosexuality or hetrosexuality. You can also choose both or neither. You can also not make a choice.

Not making a choice is the usual choice because then nature makes the choice for us.

Unfortunately, you want to pretend this false dichotemy is all there is. Until you accept the fact there are other choices, you won't understand.

In my own experience; yes, it is a choice.

I realized at the age of 12 that I was attracted to males instead of females. Even in the 70s, they were not liberal for junior high schools students. I was supposed to be attracted to females, and the only choice I had was to be attracted to females. So I played the part. I did what all you other people did, pretended I was attracted to females, since that was the only option given to me.

Even though I was not attracted to females.

So yes, I denied my true attraction, because that was what was expected of me. I chose to follow the norm, pretend that I was not attracted to males

... but I couldn't pretend that I was attracted to females, because I wasn't.

That is not a choice, not for a 12 year old.

That is reality.

All you child molesters make me sick to my stomach.

Those of you saying you gotta be this or you gotta be that,
child molesters, each and every single one of you.

In my own experience; yes, it is a choice.

I realized at the age of 12 that I was attracted to males instead of females. Even in the 70s, they were not liberal for junior high schools students. I was supposed to be attracted to females, and the only choice I had was to be attracted to females. So I played the part. I did what all you other people did, pretended I was attracted to females, since that was the only option given to me.

Even though I was not attracted to females.

So yes, I denied my true attraction, because that was what was expected of me. I chose to follow the norm, pretend that I was not attracted to males

... but I couldn't pretend that I was attracted to females, because I wasn't.

That is not a choice, not for a 12 year old.

That is reality.

All you child molesters make me sick to my stomach.

Those of you saying you gotta be this or you gotta be that,
child molesters, each and every single one of you.

It's good to see a testimony from someone honest with themselves. However, I'd be careful on this thread expressing your "truth" in this manner. The people who don't want to understand your POV will label you as a bigot, even though you may share the same sexuality as they do. Apparently those who believe homosexuality is a choice are bigots, in their opinion.

I've noticed more and more gays in my area (SF Bay Area, a mecca of gays) are coming out and saying that they chose to "act" on their sexuality and that's a choice. Even though they had the urge ( which they have no control), in the end they still made the choice to "act" and live a homosexual lifestyle. I think this is where the confusion of why many religious people argue that it is a choice. It's because they focus on the actions, and not so much the fleshy temptations which they experience toward the same sex.

Last edited:
When some homophobe informs me that he has chosen NOT to engage in homo sex, I BELIEVE him and feel terribly sorry for him, too

Poor self loathing gay sods like that deserve our sympathy.

That's not a choice that people who aren't closeted homosexuals by nature ever have to make.

Simple.

You cant claim the actions of others dont affect me.

Ah, we are all drops in the same pond. OK, but because my gayness affect you adversely? Does my gayness affect you so adversely that you have the right to stifle my gayness legally?
The problem is not your sexual choice. The problem is when you come out and force it down our throats and treat your sexual preference like a race or religion where you should have special rights. Bullshit. Leave your sex life at home where it belongs.

What would those "special rights" be? I hear that all the time, but no one ever seems to be able to say what they are!!! Care to tell us, instead of just throwing out something without explanation?

Ah, we are all drops in the same pond. OK, but because my gayness affect you adversely? Does my gayness affect you so adversely that you have the right to stifle my gayness legally?
The problem is not your sexual choice. The problem is when you come out and force it down our throats and treat your sexual preference like a race or religion where you should have special rights. Bullshit. Leave your sex life at home where it belongs.

What would those "special rights" be? I hear that all the time, but no one ever seems to be able to say what they are!!! Care to tell us, instead of just throwing out something without explanation?
I think by special rights he means the right to marry whomever you please that is a consenting adult.

Oh, wait, that isn't a special right.

fleshy temptations would be a good name for a band.

Better than "Chubby Temptations"......

But not as good as "The Fleshy Tentacles."

:eusa_eh:

Anyway I suppose now that I've had some time to reflect, I knew I liked girls when I was 5 and in Mrs. Yamaguchi's Monaloa Elementary School Kindergarden class. It was nap time when Jan Kubiyashi and I would "play doctor."

As I recall, Mrs. Yamaguchi caught us one day, ending our "studies.":(

Last edited:

I'm still waiting for him to explain what he means by "force down our throats".

I got tired of all the uncircumcised guys never washing themselves. :lol:

Right. I always liked girls and I would show my interest in them by throwing rocks at them from across the street.

I just wouldn't admit it until I was about 12. :lol:

Homosexuals must be born that way I mean, who would actually choose that lifestyle?

no one chooses to be isolated from their family, their church, their friends.

No, but they can choose to put their own sexual gratification before everything else.
Or perhaps they are told they might be gay enough times they develop into a homosexual. Or perhaps they were misled by someone they trusted.

In other words, it was a choice.

you mean they should be celibate?

why? so they don't offend the sensibilities of those who have a problem with them? would you ever in a million years not be who you are just because someone might not approve? having known you on this board for a while now, i'm going to bet a big "no" on that.

no one is "told they might be gay" and believes it. they are or they aren't. life isn't always as simple as we'd like, allie. ice cream and people come in a lot of flavors.

Last edited:
no one chooses to be isolated from their family, their church, their friends.

No, but they can choose to put their own sexual gratification before everything else.
Or perhaps they are told they might be gay enough times they develop into a homosexual. Or perhaps they were misled by someone they trusted.

In other words, it was a choice.

you mean they should be celibate?

why? so they don't offend the sensibilities of those who have a problem with them? would you ever in a million years not be who you are just because someone might not approve? having known you on this board for a while now, i'm going to bet a big "no" on that.

no one is "told they might be gay" and believes it. they are or they aren't. life isn't always as simple as we'd like, allie. ice cream and people come in a lot of flavors.
I think Babble is gay...therefore, she is.

Forum List

Back