Choosing Heterosexuality

no one chooses to be isolated from their family, their church, their friends.

But people DO choose to isolate their family members, their church members, their friends if they are gay. How sad is that?

incredibly sad. i don't get it.

Well, I have also seen it happen over religion and race too. People cut off because they change religion or cut off because they marry someone of another race or culture.

Right. I always liked girls and I would show my interest in them by throwing rocks at them from across the street.

I just wouldn't admit it until I was about 12. :lol:

Homosexuals must be born that way I mean, who would actually choose that lifestyle?

No, but they can choose to put their own sexual gratification before everything else.
Or perhaps they are told they might be gay enough times they develop into a homosexual. Or perhaps they were misled by someone they trusted.

In other words, it was a choice.

but you can't choose to be attracted to a sex that doesn't attract you.

can you choose to have sex with women, allie? is that in you? i couldn't.

well, they can't choose heterosexual sex. and its not reasonable to ask people to be celibate because what they were born offends you.

We don't have any homosexuals in New Zealand.
I never knew there was an alternative to what I do.

I worry now that I've missed out on something!

No, but they can choose to put their own sexual gratification before everything else.
Or perhaps they are told they might be gay enough times they develop into a homosexual. Or perhaps they were misled by someone they trusted.

In other words, it was a choice.

but you can't choose to be attracted to a sex that doesn't attract you.

can you choose to have sex with women, allie? is that in you? i couldn't.

well, they can't choose heterosexual sex. and its not reasonable to ask people to be celibate because what they were born offends you.

:eusa_hand:

I'm not asking anyone to be celibate.

Even Dwarves and Queers.

Since many people here believe that one's sexual orientation is a choice....I would like to hear some of your heterosexual "coming out" stories.

When did you choose to hetero?

What do you think it was that caused you to make that choice?

The minute I got a boner looking at my grandpas Playboys :tongue:

Since many people here believe that one's sexual orientation is a choice....I would like to hear some of your heterosexual "coming out" stories.

The minute I got a boner looking at my grandpas Playboys :tongue:

My Grandpas Playboy was the second place I ever saw this guy:

3724283_f260.jpg

The first place was in a "James Bond" movie. His name was "Tula".

Nope, screwing everything that moves is the normal path of the male of the human species....society has created artificial constructs to curb that wantonness. Artificial constructs such as marriage, laws against sodomy, moral codes against masturbation. If you want to be natural, want to be normal with NO restrictions...you'd be getting sex almost everyday from anyone who was willing...if not....your hand.
A normal path would be one that is ingrained.
Everything you've listed is created by society, except the parts that are strictly your own editorial commentary.
(why is this in "Religion/Ethics"??)
:eusa_whistle:

Of course people choose to be hetero. They choose it when they first become sexually aware, and start to think about seeking out sexual gratification in their relationships with other people. Until that happens, all people are essentially bi-sexual, to the degree that they're sexual at all. Most kids are equally interested in both sexes, initially.

So your silly little parallel isn't really a parallel at all. We do all choose. I've never made the claim that humans are biologically hardwired to be hetero. I don't think they're biologically hardwired sexually, period.

I do have to say I am surprised that you are equally atracted to men and women... but, regarding your post - your body reacts to stimuli - 11 year old dudes get a boner at the swimming pool or whatever because they see girls and they REACT. Nobody chooses to react to one sex or another... guy's eyes drop and check out a ladies chest even though they try hard not to (I try hard not to, but it just happens). We are hardwired, since we are animals - to have sexual attraction but of course that can manifest differently in different people - we do have a wider range of emotion, attraction, than lower animals obviously - but for the most part dudes like a waist/hip ratio that is different than what most ladies like - we don't have to read magazines to become attracted to women who look like they are fertile and able to bear kids - it's in our DNA.

Heterosexuality is not a choice, it is Gods plan. Homosexuality is a choice, and an abomination.

Heterosexuality is not a choice, it is Gods plan. Homosexuality is a choice, and an abomination.

so all the gays are really heterosexual?

who knew?????

loon.

3rd grade....

we had a substitute teacher....

pretty...sexy....yum!

I chose heterosexuality at THAT moment....

Up until high school, the only teachers I had were dressed in the Catholic's version of the burqa.

I do remember, at age 5, having a conversation with a cute gal who hauled off and slapped me. That's when I decided to swear off women. Until the 4th grade anyway. And the 7th grade. And the 9th grade. College- wow.

Two marriages and 4 kids later I still think girls are groovy. :thup:

I'm actually confused as to what your point is....perhaps you can explain better?

Simple.

You cant claim the actions of others dont affect me.

Ah, we are all drops in the same pond. OK, but because my gayness affect you adversely? Does my gayness affect you so adversely that you have the right to stifle my gayness legally?
The problem is not your sexual choice. The problem is when you come out and force it down our throats and treat your sexual preference like a race or religion where you should have special rights. Bullshit. Leave your sex life at home where it belongs.

who knew?????

loon.
Idiot, that is not what I said if you knew how to read.

who knew?????

loon.
Idiot, that is not what I said if you knew how to read.

no? you said that heterosexuality is NOT a choice.

you said that homosexuality IS a choice.

that would mean that all homosexuals are really straight but choosing to bonk other people of the same sex.

do you get up every day and decide not to bonk people of the same sex?

loon.. you don't even understand the total imbecility that was your post. :cuckoo:

Simple.

You cant claim the actions of others dont affect me.

Ah, we are all drops in the same pond. OK, but because my gayness affect you adversely? Does my gayness affect you so adversely that you have the right to stifle my gayness legally?
The problem is not your sexual choice. The problem is when you come out and force it down our throats and treat your sexual preference like a race or religion where you should have special rights. Bullshit. Leave your sex life at home where it belongs.

Define what you mean by that, please.

Forum List

Back