Chiefs vs Pats - Oh, boy!

I am worried for Chiefs. NE dominated both lines vs. SD start to finish. SD beat KC on a late 2pt conversion. SD lines were competetive with KC but humiliated in Boston. I dont know? I dont know?

PLUS their offense went to sleep in the second half of the game.thats whats REALLY concerning. I think the chiefs were just trying too hard in that game against SD that night because they just barely beat the the Ravens the following week and almost lost that game thats why i was not surprised in the least they got dominated by the pats in that game the following week. and dont forget to mention also that the chiefs had a punt blocked and the punt returner fumbled a kickoff on a punt return.they play like that sunday with all those turnovers like that,they can forget it.they overcame the colts because the colts were playing out of their element,the pats however are used to these conditions and are not out of their element like the chargers were against them last week.Both the chargers and colts were playing in out of their element conditions where the chiefs are not so THAT at least helps them.

one thing that does work in the chiefs favor is the cheats are a much different team on the road. these stats here just blew me away so there is a very good reason to be optimistic for this sundays game.:)

nothing surprising about about the facts mentioned in the first paragraph there.everybody knows WHY there is such a difference in their play at home and on the road.:abgg2q.jpg::lmao::laughing0301::haha:

Yes, the Patriots beat the Chiefs earlier this season—in New England. Why do I stress the fact that the game was in New England? Because no other team in the NFL had a more drastic discrepancy between home and away games. The Patriots are a perfect 9-0 (including their playoff win) at home this season. Not only were they undefeated at home, but their average margin of victory was 15.9 points. So not only do they win at home, but it isn’t even close (usually).

The road is another story. This same Patriots team that pummels most opponents at home doesn’t even have a winning record on the road. That’s right, New England is just 3-5 on the road this season.

Now surely if the Patriots had that hard of a time on the road, it must have been because (like the Chiefs) they faced so many high-quality opponents on the road. Right? Well, not so fast. Those five road losses were to the Jacksonville Jaguars, Detroit Lions, Tennessee Titans, Miami Dolphins, and Pittsburgh Steelers. In case you weren’t keeping tabs at home, NONE of those teams made the playoffs. The Patriots faced just one playoff team on the road this season (the Chicago Bears) and still went just 3-5 in those games.

So at home, the Patriots were an unstoppable force (like we saw against the Chargers on Sunday) and on the road, they went just 2-5 against non-playoff teams. Oh, and by the way, the one and only team to go into Foxboro and lose by less than a touchdown? That’s right, your Kansas City Chiefs who lost by just three points on a last-second field goal. Every other team lost by at least a touchdown or more.

To make matters worse for the Patriots, the Chiefs have been excellent at home this season, boasting a 9-1 record with their latest playoff win factored in. The Chiefs only home loss coming at the hands of the Chargers late in the season. So the Patriots already have issues on the road and now they have to travel to Arrowhead Stadium, home of the loudest fans in the NFL to face a team that is 9-1 at home this year. I like those odds.

If you’re still not convinced yet, let’s dig into those five New England loses a little more and see if there are any other reasons that KC fans should feel optimistic.

Your Gay ass QB and rams are going down!!!!!!!!!!!

The Patriots beat KC when they had Hunt running wild out of the backfield. He's gone now. Before you had TWO speed demons on the field to contend with...Hill and Hunt. Now the Patriots have to stop one. Could be the difference in the game. That being said...Kansas City's stadium is the loudest I have EVER been in for a game! I walked out of a Denver KC game twenty years ago with my ears ringing like I'd been at a rock concert. Should be a fun game.

I am worried for Chiefs. NE dominated both lines vs. SD start to finish. SD beat KC on a late 2pt conversion. SD lines were competetive with KC but humiliated in Boston. I dont know? I dont know?

PLUS their offense went to sleep in the second half of the game.thats whats REALLY concerning. I think the chiefs were just trying too hard in that game against SD that night because they just barely beat the the Ravens the following week and almost lost that game thats why i was not surprised in the least they got dominated by the pats in that game the following week. and dont forget to mention also that the chiefs had a punt blocked and the punt returner fumbled a kickoff on a punt return.they play like that sunday with all those turnovers like that,they can forget it.they overcame the colts because the colts were playing out of their element,the pats however are used to these conditions and are not out of their element like the chargers were against them last week.Both the chargers and colts were playing in out of their element conditions where the chiefs are not so THAT at least helps them.

one thing that does work in the chiefs favor is the cheats are a much different team on the road. these stats here just blew me away so there is a very good reason to be optimistic for this sundays game.:)

nothing surprising about about the facts mentioned in the first paragraph there.everybody knows WHY there is such a difference in their play at home and on the road.:abgg2q.jpg::lmao::laughing0301::haha:

Yes, the Patriots beat the Chiefs earlier this season—in New England. Why do I stress the fact that the game was in New England? Because no other team in the NFL had a more drastic discrepancy between home and away games. The Patriots are a perfect 9-0 (including their playoff win) at home this season. Not only were they undefeated at home, but their average margin of victory was 15.9 points. So not only do they win at home, but it isn’t even close (usually).

The road is another story. This same Patriots team that pummels most opponents at home doesn’t even have a winning record on the road. That’s right, New England is just 3-5 on the road this season.

Now surely if the Patriots had that hard of a time on the road, it must have been because (like the Chiefs) they faced so many high-quality opponents on the road. Right? Well, not so fast. Those five road losses were to the Jacksonville Jaguars, Detroit Lions, Tennessee Titans, Miami Dolphins, and Pittsburgh Steelers. In case you weren’t keeping tabs at home, NONE of those teams made the playoffs. The Patriots faced just one playoff team on the road this season (the Chicago Bears) and still went just 3-5 in those games.

So at home, the Patriots were an unstoppable force (like we saw against the Chargers on Sunday) and on the road, they went just 2-5 against non-playoff teams. Oh, and by the way, the one and only team to go into Foxboro and lose by less than a touchdown? That’s right, your Kansas City Chiefs who lost by just three points on a last-second field goal. Every other team lost by at least a touchdown or more.

To make matters worse for the Patriots, the Chiefs have been excellent at home this season, boasting a 9-1 record with their latest playoff win factored in. The Chiefs only home loss coming at the hands of the Chargers late in the season. So the Patriots already have issues on the road and now they have to travel to Arrowhead Stadium, home of the loudest fans in the NFL to face a team that is 9-1 at home this year. I like those odds.

If you’re still not convinced yet, let’s dig into those five New England loses a little more and see if there are any other reasons that KC fans should feel optimistic.

you sure seem to have an obsession with Goff.:abgg2q.jpg:

you sure seem to have an obsession with Goff.:abgg2q.jpg:

Goof sucks at FOOTBALL like you suck at LIFE

I am going to ride with when the saints come marching in and Kansas City, Kansas City here I come. It’s useless to argue the merits at this level. A couple of playoff games were decided by luck and I suspect that could happen again. They should both be great games. Bring it!

I am going to ride with when the saints come marching in and Kansas City, Kansas City here I come. It’s useless to argue the merits at this level. A couple of playoff games were decided by luck and I suspect that could happen again. They should both be great games. Bring it!
Yup

A single huge play can change the direction of any given teams day. All the analysis is just pointless bloviating at this point. The 4 best teams are where they are, and any of them could win.

Where is the smart money on this game?

The numbers I saw were both games at 3pts and low moneyline NE 1.25 LA 1.35. Looks like both a pick-em game. Vegas dont know? Over-Under numbers in mid-50's, very high. Disclaimer: I only looked at one site, I hope it up to date?

Bottom line: there seems to be no smart money left. They all got wiped out in NO last week.

The smart money stays in your bank account

That goes without saying.

I have a few bucks on a site, nothing substantial. and might lay a wager on the underdog Pats. I like rooting for the underdogs and it would be great to see Brady go the SB again at his advanced age, defy logic.

The smart money stays in your bank account

That goes without saying.

I have a few bucks on a site, nothing substantial. and might lay a wager on the underdog Pats. I like rooting for the underdogs and it would be great to see Brady go the SB again at his advanced age, defy logic.

I used to have an "account". Opened up College bowl month in DEC, continued to NFL. Usually by this point i was out of smarts and money. Where i am now, no account opened. I collected my remaining dollars, they send a check.

Sometimes killed in WC week 1 or certainly killed off in the Divisional round. Can you imagine if you had $1000 on CHI......double clank. Or PHI on the 25, drop pass.

I also developed over-under disease. It will make you despise football and zebras too.

If i had to bet? Go under both games.....gulp.

Mercy.

Posted above is how bad PATS road record has been. LArams guy broke it down well. 9-1 at home 3-5 not. That says KC. KC got closest at NE. That says KC. But nothing is certain.

Drew Brees is due for a big game.

And to make this game even better, a shitload of more snow expected.
Kickoff temp - 0 -10 degrees.
Yeah, baby!
I'm out grabbing a few more things before the game and holy crap it's cold. No way I want to be sitting in that stadium. I HATE the cold
I with ya. Got the beer and wings ready to go.
Actually looking forward to the first game matchup Peters and Thomas.

Yeah, baby!
I'm out grabbing a few more things before the game and holy crap it's cold. No way I want to be sitting in that stadium. I HATE the cold

No Pizza?
This is KC
We do bbq not pizza

Yeah, baby!

No Pizza?
This is KC
We do bbq not pizza

Gotcha

Forum List

Back