Chick-fil-A hates gay people

TemplarKormac

Political Atheist
Mar 30, 2013
The Land of Sanctuary
Or so we were told.

It was January 11, 2012, Chick-fil-A COO Dan Cathy made his views on homosexuality clear on the Ken Coleman show. He opposed it. He felt like homosexuals were inviting the wrath of God down upon them because of whom they chose to marry. It was not long after that the LGBT community seized on his comments, calling for boycotts of the restaurant because of their hatred and bigotry.

That boycott royally backfired, however, as hundreds of thousands of people flooded in to dine there in August for "Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day", the brainchild of former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee. The controversy faded, but the label stuck. The restaurant saw no dip in revenue. And it remains largely unaffected by it to this day.

Fast forward four and a half years to this past Sunday morning. Between the hours of 2:00 AM and 5:00 AM EDT, radical Islamic home-grown terrorist Omar Mateen walked into the Pulse Nightclub, in Orlando, Florida, armed with an AR-15 and slaughtered 49 people, wounding 53 others. It was later that Sunday afternoon that people responded by flooding blood donation centers to donate blood to those wounded by the shooting.

But in the middle of stifling heat, two Chick-fil-A restaurants in Orlando (possibly more) chose to make an exception to the "Closed on Sundays" rule, sending workers to make sandwiches and tea on site for the blood donors (who were mostly gay) waiting to give blood to the victims of the shooting. For all the hatred and vilification directed at this restaurant, they defied the onus placed on them by helping people whose lifestyle choices didn't mesh with their Biblical views on marriage.

I'm not trying to throw this in anyone's face, but this makes all the gay activists who called for that boycott of Chick-fil-A look incredibly stupid. This demonstration of compassion right here proves they are indiscriminate. They hated homosexuals so much, that they decided to donate food and drinks to people waiting in line on a hot day to give blood. This is the kind of bipartisanship that would make America great again. Not Hillary, not Trump, but Chick-fil-A. Eat Mor Chikin.

Chik-Fil-A_cow-eat-mor-chikin.jpg

Chick-fil-A opens doors on Sunday following tragedy

Let's See If Everyone Who Hates on Chick-fil-A's 'Intolerance' Feels the Same Way About Their Latest Move

Last edited:
Chick Fil A supports traditional marriage. They don't hate anyone. Gays have just gotten obnoxious.

They don't understand what it is to be a Christian. Jesus dined with tax collectors, prostitutes, and sinners, but he still taught them to repent and not sin anymore. So opposition to the LGBT lifestyle and agenda is not "hate" it is actually a form of love. You don't show "love" to a sinner when you tell him you approve of the sin he is committing. That is showing indifference, which is the opposite of love.

Chick Fil A supports traditional marriage. They don't hate anyone. Gays have just gotten obnoxious.

Shut up. They hate gays even more than this registered democrat who shot 50+ of them for the crime of being gay.

Chick-fil-A has a wonderful record of offering a helping hand in times of tragedy, whether it be man-made or natural. They do work.

I said Chick-Fil-A is for fags. Don't question my judgment.

They don't understand what it is to be a Christian. Jesus dined with tax collectors, prostitutes, and sinners, but he still taught them to repent and not sin anymore. So opposition to the LGBT lifestyle and agenda is not "hate" it is actually a form of love. You don't show "love" to a sinner when you tell him you approve of the sin he is committing. That is showing indifference, which is the opposite of love.

BOOM!

Chik-fil-A stopped supporting anti-gay groups shortly after the boycott. This is old news and it's nice that the restaurants came through on a day they traditionally have been closed. Good for them, we need more of that.

EDIT: Specifically I mean more community involvement and to be their for your neighborhoods even when you don't specifically see eye to eye on everything.

I was also impressed with the people who came out to give blood, Christians, Muslims and others. I have a much better option of Orlando after this.

Chik-fil-A stopped supporting anti-gay groups shortly after the boycott.

And, like I said, the label stuck. The controversy faded, but the label stuck. I'll note that nobody chose to point that tidbit out, instead continuing to paint Chick-fil-A as a bunch of anti-gay bigots. As far as I know, Dan Cathy hasn't changed his opinion, either.

Chik-fil-A stopped supporting anti-gay groups shortly after the boycott. This is old news and it's nice that the restaurants came through on a day they traditionally have been closed. Good for them, we need more of that.

EDIT: Specifically I mean more community involvement and to be their for your neighborhoods even when you don't specifically see eye to eye on everything.

I was also impressed with the people who came out to give blood, Christians, Muslims and others. I have a much better option of Orlando after this.

I don't give a fuck. Yesterday's tragedy didn't make me want to eat chicken.

I don't give a fuck. Yesterday's tragedy didn't make me want to eat chicken.

Have steak then.

Forum List

Back