Cheney Calls for full Release of Memos

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Clinton mocks Cheney demand « - Blogs from CNN.com

Cheney told FOX News on Monday that the Obama administration should release classified documents revealing the results of aggressive interrogation techniques, so a more "honest debate" can take place about the efficacy of the practices.

"I know specifically of reports that I read, that I saw, that lay out what we learned through the interrogation process and what the consequences were for the country," Cheney told FOX. "I've now formally asked the CIA to take steps to declassify those memos so we can lay them out there, and the American people have a chance to see what we obtained and what we learned and how good the intelligence was."

Guess what, Dick Cheney? I don't CARE how effective waterboarding is. We're Americans, we DON'T DO THAT. That is not the way I want my country's secret services to operate. I don't care how effective it is. There are always other ways. If the choice is between having that information, and being a country that uses those kinds of torture tactics, and living without that information and suffering another attack, I would RATHER SUFFER ANOTHER ATTACK than become a country that tortures prisoners.

NO, you would not.

You are a liar.

You may not know it - but you are lying.

I agree with her. Does that me a liar too? How a liberal? Maybe a communist?

We have prosecuted war criminals in the past for using these same methods. What does that say about us?

If effectiveness is the criteria, what is the prevention from doing this to Americans?

If you lost a loved one to a gang attack and found out later that it could have been avoided had the police be allowed to torture whoever they thought might have information, you would probably care too.

Repeal the 8th!

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Clinton mocks Cheney demand « - Blogs from CNN.com

Cheney told FOX News on Monday that the Obama administration should release classified documents revealing the results of aggressive interrogation techniques, so a more "honest debate" can take place about the efficacy of the practices.

"I know specifically of reports that I read, that I saw, that lay out what we learned through the interrogation process and what the consequences were for the country," Cheney told FOX. "I've now formally asked the CIA to take steps to declassify those memos so we can lay them out there, and the American people have a chance to see what we obtained and what we learned and how good the intelligence was."

Guess what, Dick Cheney? I don't CARE how effective waterboarding is. We're Americans, we DON'T DO THAT. That is not the way I want my country's secret services to operate. I don't care how effective it is. There are always other ways. If the choice is between having that information, and being a country that uses those kinds of torture tactics, and living without that information and suffering another attack, I would RATHER SUFFER ANOTHER ATTACK than become a country that tortures prisoners.

NO, you would not.

You are a liar.

As usual the scared little neo cons would give up ANYTHING and everything that it means to be an american at the thought of someone not liking us. You people are weak and disgusting.

My ancestors did not fight for YOUR values.

NO, you would not.

You are a liar.

We have prosecuted war criminals in the past for using these same methods. What does that say about us?

If you agree with her sentiment... yes, you too are lying.

If a bit of "torture" on an individual who was helping plan to kill your family could alter that outcome, you would be all for it.

And if someone had the power to obtain that information, and did not out of some obscure sense of being "better than that" you would be screaming against the injustice of the lost lives of your family.

Yes - you are lying because it is morally convenient to do so. That convenience was paid for in blood.

Feel free to enjoy it - but you sure as hell are not going to fool anyone by it.

Yes, you are lying.

NO, you would not.

You are a liar.

Me too. I'd rather live in the shinng city on the hill than the wicked city in the sewer. I'll take my chances on another attack. Freedom isn't free.

These policies violate our 5, 6th and 8th amendments. We simply, as a country, cannot tolerate "slippage" in these areas.

It's like Pastor Niemoller's famous poem. I protect the rights even of those who I despise because I want to protect my free society. I want my children to live in a world where they are free to speak, where their rights against imprisonment without counsel are protected.

As Ben Franklin said:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I work in a dangerous field. I've faced death. I would kill to protect my children. But, i do not want to live in a country where the state is free to torture people. Ultimately, that would pose far more of a threat to me and my children than would shadowy terrorists.

One of my jobs, as an American, is to ensure that my country is handed down to my children in such a way that it is WORTH living in.

And, for the record, I am a hawkish conservative. AS A CONSERVATIVE, ONE OF MY PRIMARY GOALS IN LIFE IS TO PROTECT OUR CIVIL LIBERTIES. Our civil liberties transcend us as individuals.

Furthermore, if we torture our adversaries, we put our armed forces at serious risk of being tortured themselves. Nothing good can possibly come of this path.

Last edited:
These policies violate our 5, 6th and 8th amendments. We simply, as a country, cannot tolerate "slippage" in these areas.

It's like Pastor Niemoller's famous poem. I protect the rights even of those who I despise because I want to protect my free society. I want my children to live in a world where they are free to speak, where their rights against imprisonment without counsel are protected.

As Ben Frankly said:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

I work in a dangerous field. I've faced death.

One of my jobs, as an American, is to ensure that my country is handed down to my children in such a way that it is WORTH living in.

And, for the record, I am a hawkish conservative. AS A CONSERVATIVE, ONE OF MY PRIMARY GOALS IN LIFE IS TO PROTECT OUR CIVIL LIBERTIES.

Furthermore, if we torture our adversaries, we put our armed forces at serious risk of being tortured themselves. Nothing good can possibly come of this path.

I understand what you are saying here - I simply disagree with the premise that you would not make a choice to use whatever means necessary to save your family.

If you lost a loved one to a terrorist attack and found out later that it could have been avoided had the CIA obtained information using waterboarding, you would care.

You're mistaken. Some things matter more than individual lives. Losing one of the most crucial aspects of our Americanness, for instance. WE ARE BETTER THAN THAT.

If terrorism causes us to lose our souls, that will be our greatest loss.

Have you ever lost a child? If you answered 'no', then just try to imagine losing a child. It's difficult if you haven't, but just try. Now let's say it's your daughter, aged 6. She's dead. What would you have done to prevent the loss of her? If you found out later that her death could have been prevented with the right information, say waterboarding that doesn't kill anyone... Again, unless it's personal, it will be difficult to imagine.

NO, you would not.

You are a liar.

If you agree with her sentiment... yes, you too are lying.

If a bit of "torture" on an individual who was helping plan to kill your family could alter that outcome, you would be all for it.

And if someone had the power to obtain that information, and did not out of some obscure sense of being "better than that" you would be screaming against the injustice of the lost lives of your family.

Yes - you are lying because it is morally convenient to do so. That convenience was paid for in blood.

Feel free to enjoy it - but you sure as hell are not going to fool anyone by it.

Yes, you are lying.

Therefore you would support the police torturing Americans accused of crimes if it might prevent a death.

If you say otherwise you are lying.

If you lost a loved one to a terrorist attack and found out later that it could have been avoided had the CIA obtained information using waterboarding, you would care.

You're mistaken. Some things matter more than individual lives. Losing one of the most crucial aspects of our Americanness, for instance. WE ARE BETTER THAN THAT.

Have you ever lost a child? If you answered 'no', then just try to imagine losing a child. It's difficult if you haven't, but just try. Now let's say it's your daughter, aged 6. She's dead. What would you have done to prevent the loss of her? If you found out later that her death could have been prevented with the right information, say waterboarding that doesn't kill anyone... Again, unless it's personal, it will be difficult to imagine.

Exactly.

Americans have had it so easy for so long that these little displays of charitable morality are a mere convenience of being American.

Terrible.

So let's do away with jury trials, and courts for that matter, because we know that sometimes lets bad people go.

Let's allow random seize and seizure. That might prevent a death.

It's OK to torture other Americans. That might prevent a death.

That is where your logic goes.

Terrible.

So let's do away with jury trials, and courts for that matter, because we know that sometimes lets bad people go.

Let's allow random seize and seizure. That might prevent a death.

It's OK to torture other Americans. That might prevent a death.

That is where your logic goes.

Do you have any children? If you answered 'yes', do you love your children more than anything?

what is it about librals that stamps out their survival instincts?? Your children aren't worth much huh? That's sick. and have you noticed? the terrorists don't value their lives and their childrens lives either. funny that/

Last edited:

In the nicest possible way, you're fucked.

I have kids. One of my greatest fears is losing one of them. I've worked with dozens of families who have, in fact, lost their children to violent crimes.

But, hundreds of thousands of Americans have faced certain death so that we WOULDN'T become what you're advocating.. I'm not going to throw away their sacrifices. This course of action is wrong for us as a nation, no matter what justification you want to offer.

THE END DOES NOT JUSTIFY THESE MEANS.

You're simply wrong. And, if you would willingly allow this government to engage in torture and tyranny, then you fail to grasp what this country is about, and what our responsibilities are as citizens.

what is it about librals that stamps out their survival instincts?? Your children aren't worth much huh? That's sick.

What is it about this generation of pseudo conservatives that they lack the stones to defend our freedoms at any cost, even that of personal sacrifice?

If you and your ilk were in control, Willow, we'd still be under English rule. Safety at any cost, right?

In the nicest possible way, you're fucked.

I have kids. One of my greatest fears is losing one of them. I've worked with dozens of families who have, in fact, lost their children to violent crimes.

But, hundreds of thousands of Americans have faced certain death so that we WOULDN'T become what you're advocating.. I'm not going to throw away their sacrifices. This course of action is wrong for us as a nation, no matter what justification you want to offer.

THE END DOES NOT JUSTIFY THESE MEANS.

You're simply wrong. And, if you would willingly allow this government to engage in torture and tyranny, then you fail to grasp what this country is about, and what our responsibilities are as citizens.

I appreciate the insult, but forgive me if I don't believe you.

Guess what, Dick Cheney? I don't CARE how effective waterboarding is. We're Americans, WE DON'T DO THAT. That is not the way I want my country's secret services to operate. I don't care how effective it is. There are always other ways. If the choice is between having that information, and being a country that uses those kinds of torture tactics, and living without that information and suffering another attack, I would RATHER SUFFER ANOTHER ATTACK than become a country that tortures prisoners.
First of all, Cheney does not have any authority over the CIA, or anyone. He is an Ex-Employees.
And apparently, a worried Ex-Employee.
Worried that they will reveal his secret portfolio of illegal and extra-legal actions, so Cheney is now out in front of cameras and microphones, talking up a storm, trying to make as much bluster and noise as he can to avert what he knows would be happen -
If/When an Independent Special Prosecutor is setup by Congress or the AG, Cheney is toast.
It would be the quickest Indictment handed down by a Federal Grand Jury against American politicians.

As far as "preventing another terrorist attack": torture and "enhanced interrogation" have been characterized by some who worked in the interrogation rooms and some who were agents performing followup to the 'intel' obtained from the detainees as NOT providing quality intelligence.
No pending attacks were disclosed or prevented.

The detainees who talked said anything to stop the abuse.
This "enhanced interrogation' effort was nothing more than an illegal, secret, sadistic failure.

what is it about librals that stamps out their survival instincts?? Your children aren't worth much huh? That's sick.

What is it about this generation of pseudo conservatives that they lack the stones to defend our freedoms at any cost, even that of personal sacrifice?

If you and your ilk were in control, Willow, we'd still be under English rule. Safety at any cost, right?

Let me just ask you this catz.. if we don't fight, if we aren't meaner than they are,, and they win,, what then? you think you've done the world a favor with your sacrifical children?

Guess what, Dick Cheney? I don't CARE how effective waterboarding is. We're Americans, WE DON'T DO THAT. That is not the way I want my country's secret services to operate. I don't care how effective it is. There are always other ways. If the choice is between having that information, and being a country that uses those kinds of torture tactics, and living without that information and suffering another attack, I would RATHER SUFFER ANOTHER ATTACK than become a country that tortures prisoners.
First of all, Cheney does not have any authority over the CIA, or anyone. He is an Ex-Employees.
And apparently, a worried Ex-Employee.
Worried that they will reveal his secret portfolio of illegal and extra-legal actions, so Cheney is now out in front of cameras and microphones, talking up a storm, trying to make as much bluster and noise as he can to avert what he knows would be happen -
If/When an Independent Special Prosecutor is setup by Congress or the AG, Cheney is toast.
It would be the quickest Indictment handed down by a Federal Grand Jury against American politicians.

As far as "preventing another terrorist attack": torture and "enhanced interrogation" have been characterized by some who worked in the interrogation rooms and some who were agents performing followup to the 'intel' obtained from the detainees as NOT providing quality intelligence.
No pending attacks were disclosed or prevented.

The detainees who talked said anything to stop the abuse.
This "enhanced interrogation' effort was nothing more than an illegal, secret, sadistic failure.

what are the spineless chicken shits afraid of? Release all the details.. all of them,, put up or shut the fuck up

Forum List

Back