Cheney Calls for full Release of Memos

American Horse

AKA "Mustang"
Jan 23, 2009
The Hoosier Heartland
Former Vice President Cheney Calls for full Release of Memos Showing Results of Interrogation Efforts

Former Vice President Cheney says he knows how successful the interrogation techniques were in collecting intelligence for the United States and wants that information to be released to the public as well as the legal memos explaining the decision to allow the heavily criticized methods.

Now that the memos showing the rulings of interrogation techniques have been released, the Obama administration should release additional documents that show what the interrogations yielded, and he wants the American people to understand that too.

"I acted primarily because of the exceptional circumstances that surrounded these memos," Obama said, adding that he has "fought to protect the integrity of classified information in the past and I will do so in the future."

Here’s McCain on the Memo release: "(The release) doesn't help America's image, does not help us address the issue and I think it was a serious mistake," McCain said.

Also today, from President Obama

Senior members of the Bush administration who approved the use of waterboarding and other harsh interrogation measures could face prosecution, President Obama disclosed today .

He said the use of torture reflected America "losing our moral bearings".

For the first time, today, he opened up the possibility that those in the administration who gave the go-ahead for the use of waterboarding could be prosecuted.

I agree with him. If it's enough to make a fuss about then we should know everything. The good and the bad and the ugly. Including what Congress knew and when they knew it.

AH --
You beat me to it. Agree everything should be brought out. If there is going to a party over this, then let there be a party. Anything short of the full monty will besmirch The Prophet's administration and further drag down his poll numbers.

I wonder if junior actually understands what he has started here. The Dems will not be in office forever.

I think if we waterboard Dick Cheney 183 times in 30 days, while naked, with mad dogs nipping at his shriveled testicles, while having the shit slapped out of him on breaks, on live television, this whole issue will be considered settled.

That is a simple agreement and if you can't get on board with that, you're just being unreasonable. We just want the truth out of the guy and it's not like we're torturing him.

I think if we waterboard Dick Cheney 183 times in 30 days, while naked, with mad dogs nipping at his shriveled testicles, while having the shit slapped out of him on breaks, on live television, this whole issue will be considered settled.

That is a simple agreement and if you can't get on board with that, you're just being unreasonable. We just want the truth out of the guy and it's not like we're torturing him.

I don't know why Cheney keeps calling for things as if anyone cares what he has to say.

The same people who believe waterboarding is a cruel interrogation method will tell you that Al Gore's global warming film several years back was 100% the truth.

Should we apologize for the beheadings as well? Why didn't the terrorists, i meant Shai'ra fighters didnt discuss their methods in memos.

Last edited:
What else is there to discuss here? The former admin outlined torture methods for captives. That's all there is to know.

What else is there to discuss here? The former admin outlined torture methods for captives. That's all there is to know.
Yes, all the members of the House and Senate committees, half of whom were Democrats, were briefed or there was an offer for them to be briefed on the way interrogations would be conducted.

All the methods in which interrogations were going to be conducted were included in their briefings.

The stock comment at the time was: "Is that going to be enough? That, of course, was before they thought of the terrific political issue they had in hand.

I think anyone wondering if dogs, insects, slapping, walling, waterboarding, sleep deprivation, confined spaces, etc. would be enough, should be subjected to these methods. Especially congress. We could find out where all the good whore houses and gay baths are.

I don't know why Cheney keeps calling for things as if anyone cares what he has to say.

Sarah, he has more relevance than some on the left want to believe. Who better than he to ask for full disclosure; since so many of them believe he was "guilty" of a deep involvement? He's in effect saying, well then let's see what really happened. Let it all hang out.

I think anyone wondering if dogs, insects, slapping, walling, waterboarding, sleep deprivation, confined spaces, etc. would be enough, should be subjected to these methods. Especially congress. We could find out where all the good whore houses and gay baths are.

We could also find out where those earmarks and wasteful spending are going to.

The same people who believe waterboarding is a cruel interrogation method will tell you that Al Gore's global warming film several years back was 100% the truth.

And want debating on their positions closed

He said the time for debate is over. There are those (on the right mainly) who want to continue politicizing this so that nothing ever gets accomplished.

I agree.

I was watching the news, and there was a retired General who had served in Iraq.

He said that as a military man and a commander, he had learned, and knew, that if you give an enemy combatant cigarettes, food and medical care, you get much better intel.

He also stated that 183 times in a month was a bit excessive. Obviously they should have figured out it didn't work after the first 100 times.

Remember y'all.....textbook definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, expecting a different result.

Why do you guys keep insisting that Obama wasn't born in the US?

He was born in Hawaii.

Get over it.

Not Compton? or Harlem? Man, he had it easy. Imagine if he was brought to this world like the great Tupac Shakur. Tupac didn't go to the Ivy Leagues. He was black and from the streets of Baltimore and Oakland. I guess you need a mom whose white.

Forum List

Back