Cheney Calls for full Release of Memos

If you're releasing information of this sort, then all the information should be released.

If they have to reveal what they say they used to save people's lives, we should be allowed to see whether or not people were actually saved.

But the left doesn't work that way. You want some information suppressed, and only that which is favorable to your cause released.

Release it all, what are you afraid of?

If you're releasing information of this sort, then all the information should be released.

If they have to reveal what they say they used to save people's lives, we should be allowed to see whether or not people were actually saved.

But the left doesn't work that way. You want some information suppressed, and only that which is favorable to your cause released.

Indeed. They release what the left wanted, 'torture', though a quick perusal of the release will leave all but the extreme left going, "That's torture?" But they did it, so fairness necessitates that they also release the 'fruits' of the extraordinary measures.

Indeed. They release what the left wanted, 'torture', though a quick perusal of the release will leave all but the extreme left going, "That's torture?" But they did it, so fairness necessitates that they also release the 'fruits' of the extraordinary measures.

somehow I don't think fairness is in the lefty playbook,, just like the lives of 3000 people are unimportant.. ya see, they are setting us up to have it happen again.. just so they can feel all warm and fuzzy.

Even Republicans want Cheney to just shut the hell up...

Go back into hiding, GOP begs Dick Cheney

Congressional Republicans are telling Dick Cheney to go back to his undisclosed location and leave them alone to rebuild the Republican Party without his input.

Displeased with the former vice-president's recent media appearances, Republican lawmakers say he's hurting GOP efforts to reinvent itself after back-to-back electoral drubbings.

The veep, who showed a penchant for secrecy during eight years in the White House,has popped up in media interviews to defend the Bush-Cheney record while suggesting that the country is not as safe under President Obama.

TheHill.com - Go back into hiding, GOP begs Dick Cheney
That was before this.

They want him to keep talking now?

They didn't care when 3000 Americans died and they certainly don't give a shit about the people saved by slapping terrorists in the fact and waterboarding them.

The same people who believe waterboarding is a cruel interrogation method will tell you that Al Gore's global warming film several years back was 100% the truth.

And want debating on their positions closed

He said the time for debate is over. There are those (on the right mainly) who want to continue politicizing this so that nothing ever gets accomplished.

I agree.

Please...as if you libtards don't bitch and moan every other breath about this issue with your fake outrage. And it ain't because you actually care either..:eusa_whistle:

The only thing you care about is tarring the Bush admin...period.

They didn't care when 3000 Americans died and they certainly don't give a shit about the people saved by slapping terrorists in the fact and waterboarding them.

Exactly because the very same looney left twits that whined and whined that Bush didn't do enough to stop 9-11. Are the very same assclowns who are now whining that he prevented another attack in California and Washington because he put a catapillar on a terrorist.

This was sent in by my friend, Ronald E Borowski, to the Journal Sentinel Editorial Board, in Wisconson. Ron actively helps returning wounded vets learn computer skills they can use in the business world.

This is an open letter to President Barrack Hussein Obama. Your total lack of courage in standing up for and supporting America, Americans and our intelligence agents and our right to use any means available including torture to protect us from harm by our enemies, has now exposed us to further attacks on America and its citizens. Mr. Obama, we Americans are neither the enemy, nor your enemy. We are Americans and have every right to protect ourselves, our country and our way of life, regardless of how others think about us.

My question to you is, how many American lives, or any lives for that matter, are you willing to sacrifice before you come to a realization that evil exists in this world and as President of the United States of America and Commander and Chief, you have the primary duty and responsibility, to protect your citizens. Your lack of courage in giving in to the radical Left and releasing only a partial list of CIA interrogation documents, those defining what we did, and not what beneficial results were received that protected Americans, shows a major flaw in your thinking.

Kindly keep in mind that you are no longer running for president. You are the President of the United States of America. You are not a rock star or celebrity who claims no responsibility for their words or actions. You are our President and your words and actions affect ALL Americans and you will be held accountable by them.

To those reading this that voted for Obama, whether Democrats, Republicans, Independents, liberals, conservatives, Christians or any others, I will hold you all personally responsible if even one American life is lost to any terrorist anywhere. You must shoulder and be accountable for any life lost, any and all!

My hope is that none of you have to experience any of your family being kidnapped or captured by any terrorist or enemy of ours anywhere. If this does happen you may have to abandon your ignorant idealistic attitude about any form of torture being unacceptable.

To our intelligence men and women, may God be with you and keep you safe!

"Kindly keep in mind that you are no longer running for president."

That could probably be used in just about any letter....

This was sent in by my friend, Ronald E Borowski, to the Journal Sentinel Editorial Board, in Wisconson. Ron actively helps returning wounded vets learn computer skills they can use in the business world.

This is an open letter to President Barrack Hussein Obama. Your total lack of courage in standing up for and supporting America, Americans and our intelligence agents and our right to use any means available including torture to protect us from harm by our enemies, has now exposed us to further attacks on America and its citizens. Mr. Obama, we Americans are neither the enemy, nor your enemy. We are Americans and have every right to protect ourselves, our country and our way of life, regardless of how others think about us.

My question to you is, how many American lives, or any lives for that matter, are you willing to sacrifice before you come to a realization that evil exists in this world and as President of the United States of America and Commander and Chief, you have the primary duty and responsibility, to protect your citizens. Your lack of courage in giving in to the radical Left and releasing only a partial list of CIA interrogation documents, those defining what we did, and not what beneficial results were received that protected Americans, shows a major flaw in your thinking.

Kindly keep in mind that you are no longer running for president. You are the President of the United States of America. You are not a rock star or celebrity who claims no responsibility for their words or actions. You are our President and your words and actions affect ALL Americans and you will be held accountable by them.

To those reading this that voted for Obama, whether Democrats, Republicans, Independents, liberals, conservatives, Christians or any others, I will hold you all personally responsible if even one American life is lost to any terrorist anywhere. You must shoulder and be accountable for any life lost, any and all!

My hope is that none of you have to experience any of your family being kidnapped or captured by any terrorist or enemy of ours anywhere. If this does happen you may have to abandon your ignorant idealistic attitude about any form of torture being unacceptable.

A common sentiment with a growing number of Americans becoming aware of yet another Obama team misstep...

Do I have every right to protect myself? Does that include booby trapping my front yard with WMD's?

Then I guess we don't have EVERY RIGHT. We have laws you must follow.

Bottom line is this. We don't have to sink to this level to win.

We can win by using the tools of democracy.

You guys are wrong.

Your friend is gonna get visited by the Secret Services for conveying a threat. You see in the DC world telling someone you hold them Responsible is considered a threat against their personage.

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Clinton mocks Cheney demand « - Blogs from CNN.com

Cheney told FOX News on Monday that the Obama administration should release classified documents revealing the results of aggressive interrogation techniques, so a more "honest debate" can take place about the efficacy of the practices.

"I know specifically of reports that I read, that I saw, that lay out what we learned through the interrogation process and what the consequences were for the country," Cheney told FOX. "I've now formally asked the CIA to take steps to declassify those memos so we can lay them out there, and the American people have a chance to see what we obtained and what we learned and how good the intelligence was."

Guess what, Dick Cheney? I don't CARE how effective waterboarding is. We're Americans, WE DON'T DO THAT. That is not the way I want my country's secret services to operate. I don't care how effective it is. There are always other ways. If the choice is between having that information, and being a country that uses those kinds of torture tactics, and living without that information and suffering another attack, I would RATHER SUFFER ANOTHER ATTACK than become a country that tortures prisoners.

Last edited:
"To our intelligence men and women, may God be with you and keep you safe!"

I'll go along with that. The rest is just an political blather and making excuses for waterboarding like the Japanese in WWII, the Gestapo, and the Khmer Rouge.

Jeez, I remeber when Bush was president these same type of folks were chastizing people for not supporting the president's policies, saying it was un-American. Guess not when the shoe is on the other foot.

Last edited:
CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Clinton mocks Cheney demand « - Blogs from CNN.com

Cheney told FOX News on Monday that the Obama administration should release classified documents revealing the results of aggressive interrogation techniques, so a more "honest debate" can take place about the efficacy of the practices.

"I know specifically of reports that I read, that I saw, that lay out what we learned through the interrogation process and what the consequences were for the country," Cheney told FOX. "I've now formally asked the CIA to take steps to declassify those memos so we can lay them out there, and the American people have a chance to see what we obtained and what we learned and how good the intelligence was."

Guess what, Dick Cheney? I don't CARE how effective waterboarding is. We're Americans, we DON'T DO THAT. That is not the way I want my country's secret services to operate. I don't care how effective it is. There are always other ways. If the choice is between having that information, and being a country that uses those kinds of torture tactics, and living without that information and suffering another attack, I would RATHER SUFFER ANOTHER ATTACK than become a country that tortures prisoners.

NO, you would not.

You are a liar.

You may not know it - but you are lying.

If you lost a loved one to a terrorist attack and found out later that it could have been avoided had the CIA obtained information using waterboarding, you would care.

You're mistaken. Some things matter more than individual lives. Losing one of the most crucial aspects of our Americanness, for instance. WE ARE BETTER THAN THAT.

If terrorism causes us to lose our souls, that will be our greatest loss.

Most Americans are disgusted and appalled that secret torture chambers were set up and run in OUR NAME, and that teh White House was directly involved in selecting which methods were to be used, on whom, and when.
The "Why" we know.
Report: Abusive tactics used to seek Iraq-al Qaida link | McClatchy
Report: Abusive tactics used to seek Iraq-al Qaida link

They were obsessed with finding any speck or scrap of hint or nuance that Saddam Hussein was involved with Al Quaida, and 9/11.
So they upped the abusive interrogation techniques, pressured the interrogators, hounded them, despite being told over and over by Intel experts and the interrogators,
there was no evidence, there was no link, the detainees had no such information.
The WH insisted they knew better, despite hving no intel expertise and no direct contact with the detainees. They simply NEEDED to establish that link, no matter how frail or false it may be.

The WH told the interrogators to work the detainees over even harder, force the words out of them.

And months later, the architects of US Torture chambers in the WH went to handpicked loyal DoJ attorneys and asked for a legal justification of what they had done. A "get out of Jail" card, issued afte they had begun their crime spree.
And make no mistake, this was a crime, as surely as rape and muder and robbery and assualt are crimes when committed against your fellow citizens. Or committed against prisoners in our military and civilian security forces' custody.

And the WH architects worked hard to evade responsibility for their directives, tried to pin the deeds on "a few low level bad apples".

What American can't be ashamed and disgusted at the mendacity, the futile stupidity, the selfish incompetence of those who 'crafted' a program of ILLEGAL and systematic abuse of detainees,
many of whom were innocent when arrested, were innocent of terrorism when they were tortured, were innocent when the interrogators finally decided they were innocent and released them.
Those men became blood enemies of the United States, changed into Terrorists and militants by our abusive treatment.
Our cowardly government offiicials lied about the abuse, tried to keep it covered up, tried to pin the blame on subordinates, scapegoats. Enlisted personnel and lower level officers who had been ordered to conduct the treatment.
The intel gathered by illegal abusive treatment was ultimately of virtually NO values at fighting terrorist activities.
Theses actions produced BAD INTELLIGENCE that took thousands of Agent hours to track and followup to examine, only to find out that the detainee simply said, as John McCain described his experiences at being interrorgated "anything to stop the torture".

Let the memos be public, let all evidence come out and be scrutinized so WE THE PEOPLE may see what was done in our name.
Let those who created and managed this illegal and futile enterprise have the opportunity they withheld form all detainees - to stand before a judge and jury and declare their innocence of any wrongdoing.
Follow the evidence.
If they are innocent, they have nothing to fear.

If you lost a loved one to a terrorist attack and found out later that it could have been avoided had the CIA obtained information using waterboarding, you would care.

You're mistaken. Some things matter more than individual lives. Losing one of the most crucial aspects of our Americanness, for instance. WE ARE BETTER THAN THAT.

If terrorism causes us to lose our souls, that will be our greatest loss.

You have no idea what America was - is - or could be.

Forum List

Back