CBS News' Lara Logan Breaks Silence On Horrific Rape Ordeal In Egypt

So we just wipe out everyone participating in the mob? Personally, I think we should just let them do what they want, where they live. We should withdraw all military presence and all monetary support for every project. We have plenty to attend to here in our own country. Unfortunately, our pols do not agree and will insist on throwing ever more of our resources down shitholes like the Middle East.
Now here's a world view for ya!

I suppose that college campuses during the late 1960s would not be worthy of any funding because of anti-war protests. Or the Deep South should have been excused from federal largess due to the actions of Sheriff Bull Connor and the likes of him. I suppose the only worthy society is a fully compliant society. Who sets the rules for compliance?

And since the Middle East is such a shit hole, and similarly should be cleared from our national radar, we should not get so upset when they shut off the oil again.

If we followed your prescription, we would not only be energy starved, paying exorbitant prices to heat our homes, drive our cars and get anything delivered to anywhere, but we would also be even more beholding to whatever power steps in to fill the massive vacuum left by our absence.

Obama's new buddies in Egypt. Enjoy, you paid for them America...

Lara Logan is back on the air, she’s got nine stories in the works at “60 Minutes” and a new show set to launch — but she still battles the demons of a horrific gang sexual assault, even sometimes while she puts her young daughter to bed.

“People don’t really know that much about (posttraumatic stress disorder),” she told the Daily News. “There’s something called latent PTSD. It manifests itself in different ways. I want to be free of it, but I’m not.

“It doesn’t go away,” she said. “It’s not something I keep track of. It’s not predictable like that. But it happens more than I’d like.”

Last Feb. 11, while covering the Egyptian uprisings in Cairo’s Tahrir Square, Logan was surrounded by an angry mob of men and ripped away from her CBS crew. She was viciously stripped and suffered a “brutal and sustained” sexual assault.

“I didn’t even know that they were beating me with flagpoles and sticks and things, because the sexual assault was all I could feel, their hands raping me over and over and over again,” she told “60 Minutes” last spring.

They tried to rip off chunks of her scalp.

“I was in no doubt in my mind that I was in the process of dying,” she said.

She was saved when a woman dressed all in black “put her arms around me,” and other women closed ranks around her until soldiers arrived.

Lara Logan: Assault in Egypt "merciless" - YouTube

Most Egyptians treat women like shit, this is nothing new, this is not going to change regardless who is running the show over there.

And such behavior, regardless of where or why it happens is still inexcusable.

I most heartily agree. But I don't think it will solve mob violence in a place by wiping out the entire populace either.

So we just wipe out everyone participating in the mob? Personally, I think we should just let them do what they want, where they live. We should withdraw all military presence and all monetary support for every project. We have plenty to attend to here in our own country. Unfortunately, our pols do not agree and will insist on throwing ever more of our resources down shitholes like the Middle East.

What do you suggest we do when we have mob violence in THIS country? Because we do, and have had some pretty nasty mob violence in our past.

Another hoe assed thread from a dude who acts like a little hoe.

Lara Logan is back on the air, she’s got nine stories in the works at “60 Minutes” and a new show set to launch — but she still battles the demons of a horrific gang sexual assault, even sometimes while she puts her young daughter to bed.

“People don’t really know that much about (posttraumatic stress disorder),” she told the Daily News. “There’s something called latent PTSD. It manifests itself in different ways. I want to be free of it, but I’m not.

“It doesn’t go away,” she said. “It’s not something I keep track of. It’s not predictable like that. But it happens more than I’d like.”

Last Feb. 11, while covering the Egyptian uprisings in Cairo’s Tahrir Square, Logan was surrounded by an angry mob of men and ripped away from her CBS crew. She was viciously stripped and suffered a “brutal and sustained” sexual assault.

“I didn’t even know that they were beating me with flagpoles and sticks and things, because the sexual assault was all I could feel, their hands raping me over and over and over again,” she told “60 Minutes” last spring.

She was saved when a woman dressed all in black “put her arms around me,” and other women closed ranks around her until soldiers arrived.

Most Egyptians treat women like shit, this is nothing new, this is not going to change regardless who is running the show over there.

Then it is incumbent on US to recognize that and not subject our women to the treatment they give their own.

Having Lara Logan give a report from a safe location and not wander around on the field of battle is not the same as wiping out a mob to the last. It is not genocide. It is accepting a very unpleasant reality and conducting one's self accordingly. Since she chose to insert herself in a very dangerous place she deserved everything she got, if only to serve as a warning to others. Deserved is probably way too harsh a word because no one deserves that kind of treatment. She should definitely have expected it though.

Then it is incumbent on US to recognize that and not subject our women to the treatment they give their own.

Having Lara Logan give a report from a safe location and not wander around on the field of battle is not the same as wiping out a mob to the last. It is not genocide. It is accepting a very unpleasant reality and conducting one's self accordingly. Since she chose to insert herself in a very dangerous place she deserved everything she got, if only to serve as a warning to others. Deserved is probably way too harsh a word because no one deserves that kind of treatment. She should definitely have expected it though.
Did Daniel Pearl deserve what happened to him too?

This is just another confirmation of what we already know about savage Islamists in the middle east. They are barbarians, how could anyone expect them to act differently? Well, maybe if you bought into the liberals' propaganda that tells us Islam is a religion of peace, and that these people just want democracy.

The fact that none of the men broke any of their own laws speaks volumes about their society.

The fact that the Hussein supports this society speaks volumes about his character.

Chill out. Nothing to see here people. Obama's new buddies in Egypt are America-loving,Peace-loving,Democracy-loving Angels. Well, that's what they're telling us anyway. So enjoy, you're paying for this America.

Chill out. Nothing to see here people. Obama's new buddies in Egypt are America-loving,Peace-loving,Democracy-loving Angels. Well, that's what they're telling us anyway. So enjoy, you're paying for this America.

You're paying for it, and subsequently squirting in your panties on the internet abo0t it. Double failsauce, chief.

I wouldn't say she "deserved" it, I don't think any woman deserves to be treated like that however I do think she was very niaeve about the Egyptians and how they treat women, a blonde haired blue eyed Western woman like her is a walking wet dream to these Egyptians, she is lucky she got out of there before she was raped to death. Egyptians treat women like shit and its no secret.

It's amusing how you try to avoid proving your assertions by just repeating them again. We are adults here....man up and prove your claim.

If anyone could be said to be "asking for it" this woman did.

wtf?? What kind of an asshole thing is that to say?

It's true! That's only because I give her some credit for not being dumb as a fence post.

This was an incredibly violent and volatile situation, in a culture that does not extend basic humanity toward women, in a country in which women have no rights, among a people who are at war with western culture. Walk into that and you are asking for whatever you get. Plain and simple.

Logan may have thought that she was in some American type riot where laughing looters would be trying to grab some camera face time and throw gang signs for the public. She was mistaken.

She didn't deserve it, alot of Westerners have romantic notions about Egypt that are not true. Most people see the Pyramids and the remains of the culture that was there before the Arabs took over and assume most Egyptians are a secular, open minded people, but that is not the case. Most Egyptians are backwards, their lives are dominated by Islam and they treat their women worse than second class citizens, its not really Laura's fault she didn't know this because alot of people apparently don't either.

I wouldn't say she "deserved" it, I don't think any woman deserves to be treated like that however I do think she was very niaeve about the Egyptians and how they treat women, a blonde haired blue eyed Western woman like her is a walking wet dream to these Egyptians, she is lucky she got out of there before she was raped to death. Egyptians treat women like shit and its no secret.

I have to respect your honesty. Thanks.

No, she didn't.

Ya think?

Absolutely.

Perhaps, and the risks made crystal clear to her and security provided. However, this in no way justifies your first comment in this thread. . . . . nothing you've posted does.

I have to respect your honesty. Thanks.

Thank you sir.:eusa_angel:

Obama's new puppets in Egypt are alot of fun huh? They're so cool and stuff. They love us and Democracy. They're way way awesome.

By all means lets demand that middle eastern nations start treating women with the same respect they get in this country. Let me know how that works out for ya.

That should be one the strings we should attach with the billions of dollars we give these fuckers every year.

Obama's new puppets in Egypt are alot of fun huh? They're so cool and stuff. They love us and Democracy. They're way way awesome.

The Egyptian people never changed, they were like this under Mubarak too, its just that now Egypt is under the microscope because of the revolution but their attitudes towards their women have never changed. This is what the Egyptian people are, so much for those romantic Pyramid dreams huh?

The Egyptian people never changed, they were like this under Mubarak too, its just that now Egypt is under the microscope because of the revolution but their attitudes towards their women have never changed. This is what the Egyptian people are, so much for those romantic Pyramid dreams huh?

Very true. But i really don't care what their beliefs & attitudes are. I'm just saddened and disgusted that our Government is forcing American Taxpayers to prop these assholes up. I don't buy into their "Oh, they're so cool and they love us & Democracy" shite. That's just another Government/MSM scam. To Hell with em all. I don't want to spend another Taxpayer dime on that Hell-Hole.

Last edited:

Very true. But i really don't care what their beliefs & attitudes are. I'm just saddened and disgusted that our Government is forcing American Taxpayers to prop these assholes up. I don't buy into their "Oh, they're so cool and they love us & Democracy" shite. That's just another Government/MSM scam. To Hell with em all. I don't want spend another Taxpayer dime on that Hell-Hole.

The only reason we deal with these fuckers is to keep the peace with Israel and that stupid Suez Canal thing, I don't want billions of our dollars going there either but its all part of the game I suppose.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos

Forum List

Back