CBS News' Lara Logan Breaks Silence On Horrific Rape Ordeal In Egypt

If anyone could be said to be "asking for it" this woman did.

wtf?? What kind of an asshole thing is that to say?

It's true! That's only because I give her some credit for not being dumb as a fence post.

This was an incredibly violent and volatile situation, in a culture that does not extend basic humanity toward women, in a country in which women have no rights, among a people who are at war with western culture. Walk into that and you are asking for whatever you get. Plain and simple.

Logan may have thought that she was in some American type riot where laughing looters would be trying to grab some camera face time and throw gang signs for the public. She was mistaken.

That does not now, or ever excuse their acting like animals. Like animals gone bad. That being the case, perhaps we should exterminate vermin like this, along with anyone who would say: "She was asking for it and got what she deserved." Given how these "patriots" behaved, is it any wonder that the American public has such a negative opinion of them, and their bastard religion? Kill 'em, kill 'em all, after all, they are asking for it!

It's true! That's only because I give her some credit for not being dumb as a fence post.

This was an incredibly violent and volatile situation, in a culture that does not extend basic humanity toward women, in a country in which women have no rights, among a people who are at war with western culture. Walk into that and you are asking for whatever you get. Plain and simple.

Logan may have thought that she was in some American type riot where laughing looters would be trying to grab some camera face time and throw gang signs for the public. She was mistaken.

That does not now, or ever excuse their acting like animals. Like animals gone bad. That being the case, perhaps we should exterminate vermin like this, along with anyone who would say: "She was asking for it and got what she deserved." Given how these "patriots" behaved, is it any wonder that the American public has such a negative opinion of them, and their bastard religion? Kill 'em, kill 'em all, after all, they are asking for it!

These mutants should not be our friends. These awful regimes in Libya and Egypt are our creations. We will now pour $Billions in Tax Dollars into their pockets. And so our foreign policy vicious circle continues to spin round & round. It's very sad.

How odd... it's Obama's fault, it is Logan's fault.... blame anyone but those who actually participated in the assault.

Not liberal thinking... not conservative thinking.... just jack shit stupid at it's finest.

I did blame those who actually participated in the assault. They're Obama's new buddies, who are now running Egypt.

If those who participated in the assualt did anything wrong, it was wrong by OUR standards, to their standards in that country they were perfectly within their rights if not obligations. That's what makes blaming the perpetrators so hard. If they were HERE, no contest, they were wrong and should be punished. But they weren't here. They were in their own country where they make the laws. The laws put logan clearly in the wrong. The punishment for women being in the wrong is immediate.

Mere weeks after Lara Logan was assaulted Egyptian women were stripped in the streets then beaten because they were naked and the perpetrators STILL did nothing wrong according to their laws.

The perpetrators did nothing wrong, it's the CULTURE stupid!

A culture like this requires no less than complete and total extirpation. It is a vile stain on the human race.

Mob behavior is an ugly thing. It leads to people getting beaten, raped, houses and cars burned, etc.....no matter where it happens.

Mob behavior is an ugly thing. It leads to people getting beaten, raped, houses and cars burned, etc.....no matter where it happens.
One thing is for certain. Wherever it happens, there will be some deranged folks ready, willing and able to put the blame on President Obama!

I did blame those who actually participated in the assault. They're Obama's new buddies, who are now running Egypt.

If those who participated in the assualt did anything wrong, it was wrong by OUR standards, to their standards in that country they were perfectly within their rights if not obligations. That's what makes blaming the perpetrators so hard. If they were HERE, no contest, they were wrong and should be punished. But they weren't here. They were in their own country where they make the laws. The laws put logan clearly in the wrong. The punishment for women being in the wrong is immediate.

Mere weeks after Lara Logan was assaulted Egyptian women were stripped in the streets then beaten because they were naked and the perpetrators STILL did nothing wrong according to their laws.

A culture like this requires no less than complete and total extirpation. It is a vile stain on the human race.

...and then, what would that say about OUR culture?

Oh i agree it is their culture. But this woman still didn't do anything wrong. I have to disagree with you on that one.

For one thing, she was blonde, obviously western appearing and immediately called a Jew. She was working. She was certainly a journalist. Her existence in that place and time was wrong. What wrong did the Egyptian women do when they were stripped and beaten? Nothing.

The primary wrong done was by whoever sent her there in the first place. That was either arrogance or stupidity. If no one else, they should have known that being female on the streets is dangerous under any circumstances. In those circumstances it became unforgiveable. Yet, the foolish Americans think they can just demand that other cultures change to suit them.

Not arrogance, nor stupidity. We are hoist on our own PC petard. If her employer had refused to send her, she would be justified in filing some stupid discrimination suit. That's our culture. So she went. It still doesn't make what happened to her at the hands of such animals right.

Stop cutting and pasting things you find in the Taliban handbook!

Yes but we were told they were all America-loving,Peace-loving,Democracy-loving Angels. Well, that's what Obama and our corrupt MSM told us anyway. Duped again i guess. :(

Yes but we were told they were all America-loving,Peace-loving,Democracy-loving Angels. Well, that's what Obama and our corrupt MSM told us anyway. Duped again i guess. :(

Were we? Got a cite? PUT UP OR SHUT UP.

And such behavior, regardless of where or why it happens is still inexcusable.

We have military bases in the middle east. When American women leave those bases and go into the towns and cities, they must cover themselves exactly as the law is applied to local women. They may not have to wear burkas, but they must wear gloves that cover their hands and wrists. They must wear headscarves. Not because they would get a ticket and notice to appear, but because they would be beaten, on the spot, maybe to death.

Then we have Lara Logan, who walks into the middle of a fight. When she's called a Jew, her answer is a sprightly "No I'm not. How about a few words to the folks back in the states."

When a person, man or woman, enters a zone like Tahrir square on fight night, they have no complaints when they get attacked. It should be expected. A woman should expect that attack to be a sexual assualt. That's what they do to women.

You DO know that the dress policy you describe is in Saudi Arabia, our stanch ally to this day, right?

It was not, and as far as I know, still is not the policy in Egypt.

But, what the heck, they are all the same to you, aren't they?

It's actually the policy in more than Saudi Arabia. It's the policy in Iraq, Afghanistan, Qttar, Chad, The UAE and a few other shiekdoms and the Northern Provinces of Pakistan. It was not the policy in Egypt under Mubrak. What it will be under the Muslim Brotherhood we don't know. Dubai is slightly more modern because it's a haven for tourists. But a man who holds his wife's hand or kisses her in public will get them both in prison.

Women either have no rights or severely restricted rights in every country that is under shariah law because it is mandated by the koran. The Middle East is not just like New Jersey except with camels. This can't be that hard to understand. If the country's laws come out of the koran, women have no rights.

Did you see those Egyptian women that were stripped and beaten? They weren't in jeans and t-shirts. Even if, we grant all the rights in the world to Lara Logan, she was still on the field of a serious battle. She was accused of being a Jew. There has to be some serious foolishness in sending her out there. She had to be seriously foolish in going.

Somehow, I get the distinct feeling that the battle in Tahrir Square is thought of in this country kind of like a student campus protest. There's a lot of noise and playing to the camera but no one gets seriously hurt. It wasn't like that.

:lol: You were one of those Democrat Dummies pushing that shite. But lie if you want to. Whatever.

It's inexecuable to our culture. If an American went to a village of headhunters they wouldn't get far complaining about the villagers hunting for heads. They also have no complaint when their head is hunted!

Truely? We were told they were ALL that? I missed that memo or speech. You, of course, will be able to link such an announcement by our President and or the MSM.

Thank you in Advance.

I most heartily agree. But I don't think it will solve mob violence in a place by wiping out the entire populace either.

I most heartily agree. But I don't think it will solve mob violence in a place by wiping out the entire populace either.

So we just wipe out everyone participating in the mob? Personally, I think we should just let them do what they want, where they live. We should withdraw all military presence and all monetary support for every project. We have plenty to attend to here in our own country. Unfortunately, our pols do not agree and will insist on throwing ever more of our resources down shitholes like the Middle East.

:lol: You were one of those Democrat Dummies pushing that shite. But lie if you want to. Whatever.

Not seeing you put up the evidence, are we? This is how you roll....you make claims and when people actually want to see proof of your claims, you insult....no proof, just insults.

Forum List

Back