CBO: Stimulus saved between 5 to 25 million jobs

The so called stimulus was really a drag on the recovery.

People worried about all that debt.

How true !!!

So what has President Obama done ?

Not a freaking thing.

he's done a lot more than his predecessor. His predecessor inherited DOW 10,500+/- and left with DOW 7500+/-. He "reduce the sucker by 25%!"

Of course, I don't think the President is in charge of the DOW as you seem to.
Just a minute! You libs DO NOT get to cite Wall Street's performance as it relates to Obama..No way!
For over two years your side has vilified Wall Street as evil and the root cause of the housing crunch. Now you think you can get away with using the DJIA as a measuring stick for Obama's advantage? Not in your best decade.
I will hammer this point until you lefty hacks get so tired of reading it, you'll puke.

Hypocrisy of the left. They are so embarrassed and ashamed of themselves that they will do ANYTHING to try and make Obama look good, even if it's talking out of both sides of their face.

They will try denying it but the likes of Chris has spent hour after hour giving credit to Obama for the stock market as if Obama actually did something to help it, and as if liberals have never pointed out before that the stock market is nothing but a proxy to how unfair out economic system is. They need to get their heads checked.

Who are "my side" and who the fuck are you to speak for me? Wall Street financiers and the Dow Jones INDUSTRIAL average are two very different things. There are exactly two banks in the DJIA, and neither went under due to the financial crisis.

Keep hammering! And keep demonstrating your ignorance.
Liberal/progressives....YOUR side...
I gotcha good. You're so busted.
Don't flatter yourself. You're not smart enough.

I'm not "all progressives" anymore than you are all fascists.

Yes, it is. It is made of companies that produce stuff as well as a couple financial services companies.

It's almost like I said that in my last post. YOu should try reading what I write before you respond.

The market index which measures the broader market is the NASDAQ.

Lol! No, it's not. The Wilshire is far broader than the tech-heavy NASDAQ

One thing remains true.

Indeed, it does. You remain an idiot.

Ahh yes. In absence of confidence in one's argument, they resort to insults. I win!

BTW I stated very clearly that the NAZ is a BROAD-ER indicator exchange than the DJIA....I never stated nor implied the NAZ was the BROAD-EST market.
Your desire to appear superior is your undoing. Makes you look petty and childish. No one likes a "one upper"..

Are you sure your screen name isn't thereisnosubstance?

Who are "my side" and who the fuck are you to speak for me? Wall Street financiers and the Dow Jones INDUSTRIAL average are two very different things. There are exactly two banks in the DJIA, and neither went under due to the financial crisis.

Keep hammering! And keep demonstrating your ignorance.
Jp Morgan /Chase and Bof A had no problems?...Are you in a parallel universe?

Let's try reading comprehension on for size, shall we? Here's what I said:

"There are exactly two banks in the DJIA, and neither went under due to the financial crisis."

Now, please reads that before you spout off again. Notice what it says and, more importantly, what it doesn't say. Now compare that to what you replied. Feel stupid now? Good, you are.

You wanna try changing your bullshit story?
No, I want you to quit making shit up.

In competition with Rabbi, you might be the dumbest and most pompous poster on this board.
No..you don't get away with changing what you wrote.
But since you opened the door, which banks DID go under?
Don't go thinking you can win a contest of insults with me either. I have been patient with your nonsense until now. Keep it up and you'll see what happens.
Debate is fine. If you want to take this into the gutter, let's drop the mitts.

President Barack Obama’s 2009 economic stimulus bill which was passed in Congress during the first month of his Administration and which received opposition from all but three Congressional Republicans has thus far resulted in the employment for 5 million or more Americans according to the Congressional Budget Office’s 2011 third quarter ARRA accounting report released on Tuesday.

“The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act” (ARRA) was passed and enacted in February of 2009 and contained approximately $800 billion in stimulus programs, tax cuts and tax incentives to help the economy, which at the time was losing almost one million jobs a month.

In the CBO report, “Estimated Impact of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act on Employment and Economic Output from July 2011 Through September 2011,” a breakdown by year shows that the ARRA created or saved from 5 million to 25.4 million jobs from March 2009 through September 2011, as follows:

2009:a low estimate of .9 million jobs to a high estimate of 3.6 million jobs
2010:a low estimate of 2.6 million jobs to a high estimate of 13.2 million jobs
2011:a low estimate of 1.5 million jobs to a high estimate of 8.6 million jobs

In addition, according to the CBO, the stimulus is expected to help create or save another .3million to 2 million jobs in the fourth quarter of 2011, another .8 million to 4.6 million jobs in 2012.

CBO states Obama economic stimulus created or saved 5 million or more jobs - National liberal | Examiner.com

5-25 million jobs Chris?, do you think maybe you could narrow that down a little ,that is a 20 million job spread, kind of makes me think that we have got some bogus numbers. :eusa_liar:

Liberal/progressives....YOUR side...
I gotcha good. You're so busted.

Yes, it is. It is made of companies that produce stuff as well as a couple financial services companies.

It's almost like I said that in my last post. YOu should try reading what I write before you respond.

One thing remains true.

Ahh yes. In absence of confidence in one's argument, they resort to insults. I win!
Confidence? you had nothing to offer. Any attempt you made was rebutted. And you post as if you're the smartest guy in the room and then quickly demonstrate you don't even read what i write - or don't understand it.

BTW I stated very clearly that the NAZ is a BROAD-ER indicator exchange than the DJIA.

But it's not. It's a tech market. The DJIA covers has representatives from a wide range of industries.
No one likes a "one upper"..
And some people don't like idiots.

Jp Morgan /Chase and Bof A had no problems?...Are you in a parallel universe?

"There are exactly two banks in the DJIA, and neither went under due to the financial crisis."

Now, please reads that before you spout off again. Notice what it says and, more importantly, what it doesn't say. Now compare that to what you replied. Feel stupid now? Good, you are.

You wanna try changing your bullshit story?

In competition with Rabbi, you might be the dumbest and most pompous poster on this board.

I didn't change anything I wrote. You simply didn't read close enough.
But since you opened the door, which banks DID go under?

Well, let's see. Lehman. Add these:
Failed Banks - Wall Street Journal Online

Don't go thinking you can win a contest of insults with me either. I have been patient with your nonsense until now.

Uh-hu. That's why you started your replies with this little gem of civility:

Just a minute! You libs DO NOT get to cite Wall Street's performance as it relates to Obama..No way!
For over two years your side has vilified Wall Street as evil and the root cause of the housing crunch. Now you think you can get away with using the DJIA as a measuring stick for Obama's advantage? Not in your best decade.

Keep it up and you'll see what happens.

Wow, you're quite the keyboard commando. But like a good keyboard commando, you remain wrong.

Confidence? you had nothing to offer. Any attempt you made was rebutted. And you post as if you're the smartest guy in the room and then quickly demonstrate you don't even read what i write - or don't understand it.

BTW I stated very clearly that the NAZ is a BROAD-ER indicator exchange than the DJIA.

But it's not. It's a tech market. The DJIA covers has representatives from a wide range of industries.
No one likes a "one upper"..
And some people don't like idiots.
So which people don't like you..Besides myself?

I didn't change anything I wrote. You simply didn't read close enough.

Well, let's see. Lehman. Add these:
Failed Banks - Wall Street Journal Online

Uh-hu. That's why you started your replies with this little gem of civility:

Keep it up and you'll see what happens.

Wow, you're quite the keyboard commando. But like a good keyboard commando, you remain wrong.
You started up with the insults. And I'M a keyboard commando?
You are dead wrong here. The indicator is that you keep repeating yourself.
You have no clue what it is you are posting about and you have no clue what you want.
You simply have the time to complain.
About those banks....Yer kidding, right? The federal government pisses away more money in an hour than the assets of the largest bank on that list.
Lehman is not a consumer bank. And besides, Lehman was the only investment house that was not offered a bailout.
And you still don't get t use the financial markets to Obama's advantage.
Look, this is all very pointless. The double standard and hypocrisy of your side is well documented.
No need for you to reply. I am through with you. Any reply to me will go unread.
Yiu may now have the last word. Like any good little liberal soldier, you cannot resist having the last word. BYE!

Last edited:

the2bstimulus2band2bjobs.jpg

gdp_recov.png

dow_jones_industrial_average_during_the_obama_administration.png

gdp_recov.png

Still refusing to respond with an explaination behind the underemplyment rate data provided by the U.S. Bureau of Labor? It doesn't look like the stimulus really worked during this administration, or is recycling the same graphs (that have already been proven inaccurate) the only response you are capable of giving? I have already provided the proof below, to which you have yet to comment on with regard to this supposed "success" of the stimulus. Success would result in a reduction of underemployment as well as unemployment.

9-13-2011-Fig1_chart.gif

ui.jpg

Last edited:
President Barack Obama’s 2009 economic stimulus bill which was passed in Congress during the first month of his Administration and which received opposition from all but three Congressional Republicans has thus far resulted in the employment for 5 million or more Americans according to the Congressional Budget Office’s 2011 third quarter ARRA accounting report released on Tuesday.

“The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act” (ARRA) was passed and enacted in February of 2009 and contained approximately $800 billion in stimulus programs, tax cuts and tax incentives to help the economy, which at the time was losing almost one million jobs a month.

In the CBO report, “Estimated Impact of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act on Employment and Economic Output from July 2011 Through September 2011,” a breakdown by year shows that the ARRA created or saved from 5 million to 25.4 million jobs from March 2009 through September 2011, as follows:

2009:a low estimate of .9 million jobs to a high estimate of 3.6 million jobs
2010:a low estimate of 2.6 million jobs to a high estimate of 13.2 million jobs
2011:a low estimate of 1.5 million jobs to a high estimate of 8.6 million jobs

In addition, according to the CBO, the stimulus is expected to help create or save another .3million to 2 million jobs in the fourth quarter of 2011, another .8 million to 4.6 million jobs in 2012.

CBO states Obama economic stimulus created or saved 5 million or more jobs - National liberal | Examiner.com

If that was true then why such a huge gap in the numbers? between 5 and 25 million? Paaaleeeaase!!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!! Semantics, Democrats cannot win on anything else. :badgrin:

Here is a little tidbit.

Even Ezra Klein (a major Obama suckup) is posting this.

Wow.

Unemployment Is 11% If You Count Those Who Gave Up In Despair | The Lonely Conservative

The official unemployment rate is now 8.6% and the Democrats see that as a sign that their economic policies are getting people back to work. In reality, the only reason the unemployment rate has dropped is that so many people have simply stopped looking – they’ve given up in despair. Ezra Klein points to this Financial Times article that notes that the unemployment rate in the United States is now worse than many parts of Europe, and if you count those who have given up, the rate is more like 11%. That’s not even counting the underemployed.

Still refusing to respond with an explaination behind the underemplyment rate data provided by the U.S. Bureau of Labor? It doesn't look like the stimulus really worked during this administration, or is recycling the same graphs (that have already been proven inaccurate) the only response you are capable of giving? I have already provided the proof below, to which you have yet to comment on with regard to this supposed "success" of the stimulus. Success would result in a reduction of underemployment as well as unemployment.

Don't look for it to stop anytime soon.

He does not care about the truth. Since he is an advocate for other things.....he seems to think it is O.K. to lie out the wazoo.

These graphs will be on his headstone and guess what ?

There STILL won't be an explanation as to how they at all relate to the argument.

:lol:

gdp_recov.png

9-13-2011-Fig1_chart.gif

ui.jpg

Unemployment has gone down from 9.9% to 8.6%.

It takes awhile to undo the damage the Bush administration did.

9-13-2011-Fig1_chart.gif

ui.jpg

Unemployment has gone down from 9.9% to 8.6%.

It takes awhile to undo the damage the Bush administration did.

He's not undoing anything.

Unemployment is at about 11% if everyone looking for a job in 2009 were still looking.

Go graph that.

Forum List

Back